• Warriors 12-

• Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

• DRAW

• Roosters 12-

• Roosters Cock Fight!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how they will play Green and Lino. Lino is a game managing half like Green. I can't see Lino playing a Shaun Johnson-esq roaming/floating role. I don't even know if Lino can play such a role.

Split halves maybe? Green managing one side, Lino managing the other?

Reactions: Johnnyray and Sup42

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
This was my biggest concern at the start of the season. A team which has never trained this hard suddenly get put through the ringer come out nice and fit but also suffer casualties as a result of the intensity.
So how do you explain his other injuries from previous years? Why has the rest of the team not all done their ACLs etc? Nathaniel Roache, Shaun Johnson and James Gavet have a long history of being injury prone. I don't think the preseason did them any harm. Would think that its in fact done them all a world of good...

Stalefish540

Contributor
Ohwell need to get my negative cap off, this team has fronted up for us 3 weeks in a row now. That should count for alot in itself, since we lost 9 in a row to finish the season.

- Finish our sets with good kicks.
- Don't give up own redzone errors like the Knights.
- Work hard with ref to make the 10.
- Don't give them cheap piggy backs out of their red zone by over working the ruck.
- Front up in D just like we have been for 3 weeks.

If we can handle majority of those tasks, then we have enough firepower working with Luke, Green, Tohu Harris, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to give ourselves a chance.

If our mainstays do their job and our ring ins get down in the trenches with them and scrap over the bone. Regardless of the outcome, I will be happy.

Warriors by 2.

This was my biggest concern at the start of the season. A team which has never trained this hard suddenly get put through the ringer come out nice and fit but also suffer casualties as a result of the intensity.
and there is no way to escape that aye...you have to do it to change the Athletes make up.

The trade off being that your replacement players are closer to the fitness of the incumbents and the whole club climbs the Mountain as one.

In some ways it's much of a muchness, we have had horrific injury counts pre Corvo.

The NRL gets described as a Marathon. Long miles every week are just part of us being able to endure the thing.

All in all you are better to lose people at the start of the breaking a man down process than to fear what might be.

we can't win without Shaun Johnson. Where are our points going to come from

Green to Harris to Hiku to Fusitua.

Green to Bunty

Blair to charge down a clearing kick and regather then pass to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to Kata

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck dummy to Kata cut out pass to Ken

Lino bomb to Fusitua in the corner

Tohu Harris straight over the top of their left centre.

Bully from dummy half drawing both markers running a 45 degree angle to drag in the closest defender to pass to Iggy running the gap.

Green to Jazz running outside the lead runner's inside shoulder avoiding a clear obstruction forcing Cronk to commit to Pulu as lead runner opening the line clear for Jazz to go over untouched.

I think that should just about do it

So how do you explain his other injuries from previous years? Why has the rest of the team not all done their ACLs etc? Nathaniel Roache, Shaun Johnson and James Gavet have a long history of being injury prone. I don't think the preseason did them any harm. Would think that its in fact done them all a world of good...

All I’m saying is it’s going to take more than just one “Corvo” pre season for this team to really reach thier potential and reap “consistent” benefits. I have two fears 1. Injuries and 2. Consistency.

1 is already coming into fruition and 2 will have to wait and see. We’ve started hot but burnout is a concern for a team that’s never been consistent. I love the warriors but I’m also a realist

Green to Harris to Hiku to Fusitua.

Green to Bunty

Blair to charge down a clearing kick and regather then pass to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to Kata

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck dummy to Kata cut out pass to Ken

Lino bomb to Fusitua in the corner

Tohu Harris straight over the top of their left centre.

Bully from dummy half drawing both markers running a 45 degree angle to drag in the closest defender to pass to Iggy running the gap.

Green to Jazz running outside the lead runner's inside shoulder avoiding a clear obstruction forcing Cronk to commit to Pulu as lead runner opening the line clear for Jazz to go over untouched.

I think that should just about do it
Forgot Kata barge over from dummy half on the 5th.

In the case of Lino. He has usually come in at the tail end of the season when the side is low on confidence and either in or about to go on a losing streak. He is now coming into a fit side doing well, also confidence will be up. He should also have less organising to do compared to when he usually comes in replacing Johnson as Green would do the majority of it.

Love the optimism brother. Really does feel good to be a Warriors fan.

Reactions: Off The Bench
All I’m saying is it’s going to take more than just one “Corvo” pre season for this team to really reach thier potential and reap “consistent” benefits. I have two fears 1. Injuries and 2. Consistency.

1 is already coming into fruition and 2 will have to wait and see. We’ve started hot but burnout is a concern for a team that’s never been consistent. I love the warriors but I’m also a realist

Yeah bro you have a valid point.

The team will need to provide consistent victories and improved performances during the full season to allay your concerns.

But brother I'm going to post about Alex Corvo as many times as I think his contribution actually shows it's contribution to the team's performance under pressure today.

Well if anything Mason is good at running set plays.
He knows all the calls so we'll do ok in that department
Just needs to pass at the right moment
His kicking game is ok
We lose some control and of course Roosters dont' have to worry about Shaun's running game.
It's really up to the forwards to get us going now.

Reactions: Johnnyray and Sup42
Biggest things we lose with the missing players:

Teams have struggled to score under our posts due to Gavets surpisingly nimble scramble (he is skinnier than most this year...ripped and super fit).

Gavet poking his head through in tackles and going straight and hard up the guts, he commits defenders well.

Gavets low error rate, he has been our most consistent prop for the longest time, credit where it is due, he was our best before Blair Tohu Harris and Bunty and Luke laid claim to the title of best forward.

Johnsons comunication is where we really miss out, he is excellent at calling forwards onto the ball.

Johnsons defence, pairing with Luke he has been outstanding, one of our best.

The frilly stuff with Johnson is a game winner, but Tohu Harris is a more dangerous runner in his own way than Shaun (better to have both to spell out the obvious).

So defensively we will be vulnerable more than any other aspect of those players game.

We have seen reserves come in and aim up on D in the past (Warriors last win over the Dragons) so there are no excuses there.

Our game plan will obviously be much simplified without Johnsons unpredictability off the cuff play...this is not necessarily a weakness for us, watching the last two games I have somewhat craved a more basic dour template where we grind someone down with our D.

Tackle up like animals and we will be sweet.

Reactions: leaguejunkie
Mason was soo mud last few games I saw him in ISP. Is there really no one better?
There is a young fella coming off the bench for the Raiders that would of been useful.;) We are also in a bit of a hole with Hingano's replacement being injured.

Hopefully he goes better now that he is slotting into a side of the field which is pretty stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.