General Roosters sign Nutley

• Thread starter warriorfaithful*_old
  • Start date

warriorfaithful*_old

Nutley Signs with Roosters

Former Cronulla and QLD State of Origin front rower Danny Nutley has signed with the Roosters on a two year contract. The agreement will see Nutley join the foundation club for their 100th season in 2007 and the game’s Centenary in 2008.

Nutley was granted a release from English Super League club Castleford, in order to return to Australia with his wife and young family.

“After re-signing (with Castleford), the enormity of being there for another three years hit home, and after giving the matter a great deal of thought, as a family, we have decided to return home.

“I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to join the Roosters for their 100th season in 2007 and excited at the chance to play with a blend of exciting young players and experienced campaigners like Craig Fitzgibbon, Craig Wing, Chris Flannery and Amos Robertsâ€Â. Nutley concluded.

The 31 year old front rower will bring an added maturity to the Roosters forward pack and should be a real boost up front along with the Roosters other key signing Nate Myles.

warriorfaithful*_old

David James said:
Seriously how can they be under the cap?

Cos they are the roosters and they get what they want lol. But seriously i duno aye.

Tajhay_old

interesting to see nutley wants to play with wing....wing isnt likely to be there next season....

Esoj_old

very interesting move and maybe to do with castleford possibly going down next year maybe?

the roosters must seriously be close to the cap surely.

westie stylz_old

David James said:

They won't be. There won't be a side in the comp under the cap it's just that the Warriors were dumb enough to actually come out and tell everybody. It's probably why we only got docked 4 points as well.

sebastian_old

westie stylz said:
David James said:

They won't be. There won't be a side in the comp under the cap it's just that the Warriors were dumb enough to actually come out and tell everybody. It's probably why we only got docked 4 points as well.

Yep, i agree, every team that can afford it, rorts the cap, with the poor teams always complaining, i.e Canberra, Souths, although Souths have established themselves finacially so expect some catch up rorting at Redfern town.

warriors4life_old

Obviously a replacement for the departing Adrian Morley, Nutley gives it all every game though and should be a good buy for the Roosters.