Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

But has improved alot since the start of the year and has plenty more room to go up.
Yep thats what Ive notived and what I meant by "slaying" it. And he could have been used elsewhere if the need had been there, so imo hes making the best of the position hes been given.

I think we all pleased for him either way. I also hope of an unlikely return one day bahahaha (dreams are free).

Reactions: 1 user
More excited about Roger Tuivasa-Sheck plying for ABs than I was SBW. I’m sorry but I’m heading back to union 😂 unlucky wawas this shits gonna cost you fans
The Warriors and more specifically league, had a HUGE opportunity while the Blues were down. The younger generation coming through seeing league as hopeless and union being where the glory is.

We have just squandered a decade of missed opportunity to become Aucklands premier professional team.

Ps. I blame the NRL for not taking the capitalising on the opportunity as much as the Warriors

Reactions: 3 users

tajhay

🏉
Ps. I blame the NRL for not taking the capitalising on the opportunity as much as the Warriors
The NRL? Above ARL, NZRL? Seriously? When do our own professional bodies cop some responsibility? Or just because they are inept, we just exclude them from any culpability?

Why is it the NRL's fault that the Warriors have been woeful in the years the blues were down?

Reactions: 6 users
I don't know if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will get a start in the ABs yet, think the best he can hope for against the Irish is some time off the bench. Tupaea, Rieko, Goodhue and Havili would all be in front of him currently. He may even struggle to get a bench spot at this stage.

He will, however, learn a heap just being in camp. If he keeps learning, improving at his current rate - he'll be in the mix by the end of the year (he's already surpassed my expectations for this year).

Reactions: 2 users
When do our own professional bodies cop some responsibility? Or just because they are inept, we just exclude them from any culpability?

Why is it the NRL's fault that the Warriors have been woeful in the years the blues were down?
True.

Auckland were pretty much the Gold standard during the amateur era of Union. They won 5 years without losing a match during the period the ABs won 3 years in a row including the first WC. Of course that continued in Super Rugby, but lets face it, unlike amateur, pro Rugby is not a representation of the "Location" (nor is League or any pro sport) as much as it is the Clubs administration, much like League in Aus has been especially in NSW for long time and I felt like Auck rugby had gone to sleep for nearly 2 decades. Expecting coaches to solve it, much like the Warriors since inception. Which is why I question how normal is the current Warriors Club administration.....

The NRL? Above ARL, NZRL? Seriously? When do our own professional bodies cop some responsibility? Or just because they are inept, we just exclude them from any culpability?

Not the NRL’s fault directly but if I was the NRL I would have pushed and promoted the sport and game in NZ for the good of the NRL. They are the ones with the financial and oversight clout to make things happen. Everyone else is pushing shit up hill with all the challenges they face.

The NRL can make or hinder teams with their rules, policies, draws, etc. Personally I think they are happy to take the cash and have us finish 11th every year.

Short term self interested thinking.

Not the NRL’s fault directly but if I was the NRL I would have pushed and promoted the sport and game in NZ for the good of the NRL. They are the ones with the financial and oversight clout to make things happen. Everyone else is pushing shit up hill with all the challenges they face.

The NRL can make or hinder teams with their rules, policies, draws, etc. Personally I think they are happy to take the cash and have us finish 11th every year.

Short term self interested thinking.
Example SBW went back to the Roosters for $70k a few years ago. Now Lodge is worth $200k.

Did the Roosters need that sort of help?

He's a natural athlete so can set lofty goals but also has the humility required to actively seek out learning how to be better (rather than just training hard).

You get a lot of great athletes that players sign for xyz, thinking that they will be a raving success, and invariably, are not. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck' humility and work ethic are what elevates him beyond them.

It's funny, there are obvious similiarities between SBW and him. Both from league and both amazing athletes. Though I think SBW has always had a supreme belief in his own abilities, and that he'd get there. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, on the other hand, seems to know how difficult his path is and how hard he'll have to work to get there. And he doesn't seem to be putting a foot wrong in his preparation

I think the selectors can see how much he has continued to improve over the season and can envisage how this can continue if he is in the right environment.

The guy's obviously a great asset to any team. I can just imagine him setting the standard for any team he goes to.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s a fantastic achievement from Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to make the All Blacks in half a season. Shows just how talented and hard working he is.

On the flip side the fact that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck can make the All Blacks in half a season, playing a position he’s never played before and with no kicking game, is a sign that the all blacks aren’t in great shape at the moment.

Reactions: 1 users