Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Jay M

Jay M

I think you're right there.
Harris gets a bit of leeway- he did miss 6 but made 55...
Kahu almost missed as many as he made- I thought it was a bit of a strange selection playing him at center tbf.

yeah Harris did make a lot of tackles, and is generally a good defender (as is Hiku largely). That's why I thought it was odd that all three of them were missing more than usual. Those three would have been standing next to each other in the line, and for them to miss 18 tackles between them indicates that the English were running that way a lot, and isolating them... well either that - or they figured that running at Whare was kinda a silly idea ;)

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

I definitely wouldn't play RTS- he needs as much rest as he can get- the league work has never seen a work rate like his.
I wouldn't mind Shaun Johnson having a bit of a cameo tho- a few minutes here, a few minutes there should be good for his confidence and he can blow a few cobwebs out.
By the time round one comes around it would've been a long time between drinks for him.
As the host side we usual treat the 9s with respect and name our stars. The two recruits will be tempting but I'd be ok with the club resting Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Luke and Johnson if needed. The main aim is to do well in the NRL season.

The only way I'd use Johnson would be like you've listed. If he is doing contact work by then and could play I wouldn't make him the 9s captain or have him playing a large part of the tournament like previous years. Bring him on for a cameo and get it a game situation.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Luke will need to be evaluated separately. Being internationals they will barely ever get a pre-season so if we want rested players during their stint here we could get one to start this season.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Is that a Toyota? Not a sponsors vehicle then?
His post said he was glad to be part of the Toyota family...so guessing it's a 3rd party deal?? Does seem odd if that's the case to be a competitor of a main sponsor. Suppose Hoffman is sponsored by Puma so needs must to keep players happy!

Anywho...it's a wicked car!!!

Last edited:
snake77

snake77

Nice truck. Useful for when he decides to chuck some gear in the back and do some extras down at the park.;)

If it is a TPA it could cause an issue with Suzuki. But Doyle would be smart enough to review that if his manager or Roger brought it up. Anyway the more TPAs our guys can get the better. We want our guys off field earnings and off field opportunities to match what they could get in Sydney. We still have work to do to catch up with them but its good to see our guys getting deals.

Under the cap rules the club has to supply a certain amount of cars. I can't remember the exact amount but it did come up during the last agreement with the players agreement as the players wanted this increased. Now would those come through our sponsor Suzuki or could the club source them from other dealers?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
If it is a TPA it could cause an issue with Suzuki. But Doyle would be smart enough to review that if his manager or Roger brought it up. Anyway the more TPAs our guys can get the better. We want our guys off field earnings and off field opportunities to match what they could get in Sydney. We still have work to do to catch up with them but its good to see our guys getting deals.
I dont see an issue. Suzuki sponsor the club, not the players. Some of the Warriors HQ workers drive Suzuki cars with full car Warrior decals. Suzuki also give away a car at the last home game of the season as match day sponsors. Auckland City Toyota will maybe get a mention just before they announce Rogers name on gameday at Mt Smart. They'll likley also post an ad of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck but he wont have any Warriors or NRL related gear on him...

snake77

snake77

Well I don't have an issue with it. I was more directing hypothetically at how the current sponsor may react. Then again a TPA isn't supposed to be related to the club which is where Toyota come in. Even if Suzuki had an issue they work it out with Doyle and we move on.

Hopefully we do see him in adds similar to Johnson has with Milo.

Jay M

Jay M

Hopefully we do see him in adds similar to Johnson has with Milo

here's hoping they reinvent the "bugger" ad... where they show clips of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck in a warriors jersey stepping opposition players, running round them, and making them look like fools... and every time he steps or beats someone, here comes the voiceover "bugger"... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Warriorholic

Warriorholic

I think our best side should play 9s, that's a huge break for most players and still a good one for kiwi reps, and unless your injured you should play. People can get injured anytime, wraping stars in cotton wool doesn't work IMO. Courtney Duncan, NZs best female motocross rider, did her ACL recently on a swiss ball training before she was about to fly out America, shit happens.

Great way to form combos before round 1 aswell

Weno

Weno

yeah Harris did make a lot of tackles, and is generally a good defender (as is Hiku largely). That's why I thought it was odd that all three of them were missing more than usual. Those three would have been standing next to each other in the line, and for them to miss 18 tackles between them indicates that the English were running that way a lot, and isolating them... well either that - or they figured that running at Whare was kinda a silly idea ;)
The way Whare can bang, that is a silly idea.
He is not a big centre either, has great technique.
Like Matt Rua.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck stats are just the phenom.

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
New signing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ready for the pressure at New Zealand Warriors
DAVID LONG
Last updated 15:55, December 10 2015
1449716142228.jpg

Just like with most things, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck isn't getting fazed by the expectations on him at his new club.

When Tuivasa-Sheck was paraded with the other new Warriors signings at a corporate and sponsorship function at Mt Smart Stadium on Wednesday evening, he was happy for Issac Luke to take the lead, while a smile rarely went from his face.

It's part of what makes Tuivasa-Sheck the person he is that he never appears stressed by anything - he can deal with the pressure, whether it's in front of fans, the media or 80,000 screaming spectators at a big game.

He knows that people are expecting him and Luke to take the Warriors to a Premiership win, but it's not something that'll ever weigh him down or become a burden.

"Coming to the club you hear that around," Tuivasa-Sheck said of those expectations.

"I'm just trying to fit in and I'm proud to be a part of the Warriors.

"I'll try my best to maintain what I'm doing and work hard to give it my best, that's all I can do."

When asked to pinpoint why the Warriors have never achieved success in the past, Tuivasa-Sheck thought that was a tough question to answer, but feels their roster is good enough to go a long way in 2016.

"I've only played for a couple of years, so it's hard for me to point to where they need to improve," he said.

"They've always had the talent to do well and the best team on paper. Hopefully we can all gel together, put our talents together and come away with a few wins."

While the Roosters are the only club Tuivasa-Sheck has played for so far, it shouldn't be a problem adjusting to life at the Warriors, what with him being an Aucklander and knowing a number of the players in his new team thanks to his time with the Kiwis.

"It feels good to come back and I won't be too shy at being the new boy," Tuivasa-Sheck said.

"I know a lot of the boys here, Shaun Johnson, Ben Matulino I've played with at the Kiwis and then there's also Albert Vete and Raymond Faitala-Mariner, who I played with through my juniors."

Tuivasa-Sheck is still looking for a three-bedroom house in Auckland for him and his partner to move into and fears that he's unlikely to get a place this side of Christmas. Despite this, he feels like he's come home and back in familiar surroundings.

"I don't have to use my map every time I go around," he said.

"In Sydney I was always using my map and trying to find my way around."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...eady-for-the-pressure-at-new-zealand-warriors

snake77

snake77

I was waiting to see if someone would post this LOL. There were two good articles about Roger Tuivasa-Sheck last week. One listed the extras he has been doing.

Add to this the article on Luke coming back to training early and these two signings are already showing their value and we haven't even taken the field yet.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Add to this the article on Luke coming back to training early and these two signings are already showing their value and we haven't even taken the field yet.
Almost have to pinch yourself eh?