Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

The Falcon

The Falcon

Hypothetically, do you think if he played any of the last 7 games we would have scraped into the finals?

He is a massive defensive upgrade over Walsh, and we probably would have been ahead comfortably against the Broncos.
There is no doubting Roger Tuivasa-Sheck defensive capabilities, but you could also ask would he had created the scoring / attacking opportunities that RW offers?

Reactions: 1 users
Dixpat

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
You would have to imagine that it dents his chance of fulfiling his dream of being an AB

Reactions: 2 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

He will be an automatic selection you just wait and watch.

Not automatic, at FB you have Barret and McKenzie, also others like Trask, Wing Reece, Jordan Ione and Bridge, also The Tasman Wing whose name escapes me. His lack of a kicking game will hinder him.i

Reactions: 1 user
bangbros18

bangbros18

Not automatic, at FB you have Barret and McKenzie, also others like Trask, Wing Reece, Jordan Ione and Bridge, also The Tasman Wing whose name escapes me. His lack of a kicking game will hinder him.i
He will play centre bro

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

Haven’t Auckland, Counties and North Harbour had to pull out of the NPC?
Be a tough ask for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to go straight into super Rugby
When I posted about it I had just read an article about the 3 unions trying to sort out what they could do. The comments had a few people mention Roger Tuivasa-Sheck which got me thinking about the decision he made and how things have worked out.

I thought the update was updated but the comments are different. Looks like they are out. The original article was about the unions financial position with being stuck unable to play.

Cces

Cces

Blues look terrible, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck looks lost, and has given away a few holding on penalties.
They must've strung it together late. I only saw from 35-60 minutes. Conditions were terrible, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck wasn't a standout but showed his usual hustle to help contribute to their third try. Having been unable to play NPC I would have thought the Wing would've been a better place for him to start but obviously Leon McDonald has seen enough to think he'll make a good #12 in time.

Reactions: 5 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
They must've strung it together late. I only saw from 35-60 minutes. Conditions were terrible, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck wasn't a standout but showed his usual hustle to help contribute to their third try. Having been unable to play NPC I would have thought the Wing would've been a better place for him to start but obviously Leon McDonald has seen enough to think he'll make a good #12 in time.
Yeah wouldn’t read too much into these preseason games, teams literally roll on 3 whole teams including fringe squad members to blow out the cobwebs a bit

bangbros18

bangbros18

I'm glad the warriors aren't paying 900k for sheck, you don't want to spend that much on someone who does the gym well. Good luck to him, maybe rugby will suit him as he gets older ........... (Dead To Me! 😬😂).

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I'm glad the warriors aren't paying 900k for sheck, you don't want to spend that much on someone who does the gym well. Good luck to him, maybe rugby will suit him as he gets older ........... (Dead To Me! 😬😂).
Harsh but true.

Another Jim Doyle move. CNK was half the price and positionally better value.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a fantastic person, player, and ambassador, but he was never the leader they really needed. Mind boggling what he would have achieved at the Rorters.

bangbros18

bangbros18

Harsh but true.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a fantastic person, player, and ambassador, but he was never the leader they really needed. Mind boggling what he would have achieved at the Rorters.
Kata would look good in a Roosters jersey bro! To be honest we might have been saying the same thing about Joey Manu if he was to come here.

• Love
  • Haha

Swanny

Harsh but true.

I don’t think we should forget how good he was in 2018 when playing for a competitive side. The leadership aspect was also a lot easier for him then as he had Mannering, Blair, Johnson etc around him. I think he was value for money as he was often the best player on the park for us and rarely had a poor game. It would have been nice to see him constantly surrounded by some quality rather than having to try and carry the side on his back

Reactions: 10 users
bangbros18

bangbros18

I don’t think we should forget how good he was in 2018 when playing for a competitive side. The leadership aspect was also a lot easier for him then as he had Mannering, Blair, Johnson etc around him. I think he was value for money as he was often the best player on the park for us and rarely had a poor game. It would have been nice to see him constantly surrounded by some quality rather than having to try and carry the side on his back
I would argue that, Wade McKinnon, Ivan Clary, Kevin Locke, Lance Hohia played the position of Fullback better then sheck?

Reactions: 11 users
Noitall

Noitall

I would argue that, Wade McKinnon, Ivan Clary, Kevin Locke, Lance Hohia played the position of Fullback better then sheck?
There’s probably some truth to that but I think the work ethic and values he and Stephen Kearney instilled to the club have been huge. I’m happy Shaun Johnson gained the game management experience at the sharks but I would also argue that if we kept that 2018 team for 2019, we would have been a competitive team considering how even the table was in 2018 with 4 points between 1 and 8 and gaining the experience from the loss to the panthers. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was impressive in 2018, some of those try savers gave the team massive belief.

Reactions: 4 users