Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

bruce

bruce

Contributor
Didn't have that much talent in front of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck? Are you kidding? The roosters are the most stacked side in the comp...
They don't have a Golden Boot at half back, and Luke is hooker in the best international team going...the Kiwi pack would mince both Queensland and NSW...so no I am not kidding...but the Roosters have good centres

OMG

OMG

They don't have a Golden Boot at half back, and Luke is hooker in the best international team going...the Kiwi pack would mince both Queensland and NSW...so no I am not kidding...but the Roosters have good centres
LMAO, Whats going on around here today, new winner for funniest post of the month.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Jay M

Jay M

ok I'll bite... no they don't have a golden boot at halfback... they have a 26 year old with 200 first grade games experience (versus Shaun Johnson at 25 with 100 games). And ok - so Pearce has played 200 first grade games. He is also the youngest player to have EVER done so. That indicates quality, and resilience to injury. Pearce debuted at 18 and has held his spot ever since. At age 19 in 2008, he player City-Country and State of Origin. Yes sure, they haven't won an origin series with him at halfback (in fact I believe they have lost seven - sorry, had to rub that one in as I semi-support Queensland)... But hard to say that's his fault when you consider the talent Queensland has had over the last 10 years (and some of the fu**wits that NSW keeps selecting who are penalty magnets and idiots).

If Pearce played behind that kiwis pack last year in the four nations - he would have won the golden boot as well. I don't like the guy (in fact I'd go so far as to say I detest him), but he's a damn good player, a h*ll of a lot more consistent week in week out than Shaun Johnson (granted he plays in a much stronger team). Shaun Johnson has a higher ceiling and more natural ability. But Pearce is a more consistent half with better game management (IMO).

As for your comment about Luke, Friend is an excellent hooker as well. Both have done some stupid things. Friend will be the Queensland hooker (probably) when Smith retires, and will probably get a shot in the Kangaroos too.

Aside from Shaun Johnson and Luke versus Pearce and Friend... You have to consider - JWH, Napa, Evans, Moa versus Matulino, Lillyman, Vete, Lisone laying the platforms (advantage Roosters IMO). The back rows are actually quite even IMO (Cordner, Guerra, Aubusson vs Hoffman, Mannering, Thompson) - I'd say advantage Warriors in the back row overall (due to experience), but the Roosters back row gives you more ball playing ability and hole running (IMO).

Then in the backs... the Roosters crap all over ours except in the Shaun Johnson vs Pearce debate. Maloney vs Leuluai at five eighth is a no contest for me. SKD, Tupou, Ferguson, Jennings (all current rep players) vs Manu, Wright, Hurrell, Kata... I know which side I'd be tipping with those match ups.

You're trying to compare a team that hasn't made the finals since 2011 with the side that won the comp in 2013 and won back to back to back minor premierships in 2013-2015. Granted the warriors have been a shambles in that time, but I realistically don't think you can say the warriors have more in front of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck than the current stacked roosters side. I hope they improve significantly next year though (and I hate the roosters).

Unless they really get into the other warriors' players' heads - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will not be as effective next year at the warriors as this year at the Roosters. a) he'll have a big target on him (second season superstar syndrome - i.e. his second year at fullback), b) the warriors pack and other players really have to aim up and actually give him options. The warriors run one out far too much with no support runners and option plays which can isolate players. What we need to see from them is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck running into holes off the shoulder of a player who can offload (i.e. Mannering or Matulino - or even Vete/Lisone). We haven't had a hole running fullback for awhile it seems. Locke and Tomkins both tended to be ball playing fullbacks. If they get it right, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will be lethal. If they dish up more of what they dished up this year... well I'll be disappointed.

There you go - bite over.

Reactions: 4 users
Jay M

Jay M

Or Kevin Locke.....

someone made me laugh at work today... (sorry for the off topic derailment)... Told me that Locke was fullback contingency for the Storm if he does in fact go there because Slater is ageing and getting more injury prone. I suggested that Munster seemed to have the goods for a long term run at the position, but they were adamant Locke was better than Munster currently.

I could see Locke getting a wing spot, but that's about it at the moment (at the storm anyway).

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
jsmooove

jsmooove

someone made me laugh at work today... (sorry for the off topic derailment)... Told me that Locke was fullback contingency for the Storm if he does in fact go there because Slater is ageing and getting more injury prone. I suggested that Munster seemed to have the goods for a long term run at the position, but they were adamant Locke was better than Munster currently.

I could see Locke getting a wing spot, but that's about it at the moment (at the storm anyway).
dude at work told me the some thing. that locke wanted to come back to the warriors but we said no. He reckons munster will play 5/8 and locke will be injury cover for slater

OMG

OMG

ok I'll bite... no they don't have a golden boot at halfback... they have a 26 year old with 200 first grade games experience (versus Shaun Johnson at 25 with 100 games). And ok - so Pearce has played 200 first grade games. He is also the youngest player to have EVER done so. That indicates quality, and resilience to injury. Pearce debuted at 18 and has held his spot ever since. At age 19 in 2008, he player City-Country and State of Origin. Yes sure, they haven't won an origin series with him at halfback (in fact I believe they have lost seven - sorry, had to rub that one in as I semi-support Queensland)... But hard to say that's his fault when you consider the talent Queensland has had over the last 10 years (and some of the fu**wits that NSW keeps selecting who are penalty magnets and idiots).

If Pearce played behind that kiwis pack last year in the four nations - he would have won the golden boot as well. I don't like the guy (in fact I'd go so far as to say I detest him), but he's a damn good player, a h*ll of a lot more consistent week in week out than Shaun Johnson (granted he plays in a much stronger team). Shaun Johnson has a higher ceiling and more natural ability. But Pearce is a more consistent half with better game management (IMO).

As for your comment about Luke, Friend is an excellent hooker as well. Both have done some stupid things. Friend will be the Queensland hooker (probably) when Smith retires, and will probably get a shot in the Kangaroos too.

Aside from Shaun Johnson and Luke versus Pearce and Friend... You have to consider - JWH, Napa, Evans, Moa versus Matulino, Lillyman, Vete, Lisone laying the platforms (advantage Roosters IMO). The back rows are actually quite even IMO (Cordner, Guerra, Aubusson vs Hoffman, Mannering, Thompson) - I'd say advantage Warriors in the back row overall (due to experience), but the Roosters back row gives you more ball playing ability and hole running (IMO).

Then in the backs... the Roosters crap all over ours except in the Shaun Johnson vs Pearce debate. Maloney vs Leuluai at five eighth is a no contest for me. SKD, Tupou, Ferguson, Jennings (all current rep players) vs Manu, Wright, Hurrell, Kata... I know which side I'd be tipping with those match ups.

You're trying to compare a team that hasn't made the finals since 2011 with the side that won the comp in 2013 and won back to back to back minor premierships in 2013-2015. Granted the warriors have been a shambles in that time, but I realistically don't think you can say the warriors have more in front of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck than the current stacked roosters side. I hope they improve significantly next year though (and I hate the roosters).

Unless they really get into the other warriors' players' heads - Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will not be as effective next year at the warriors as this year at the Roosters. a) he'll have a big target on him (second season superstar syndrome - i.e. his second year at fullback), b) the warriors pack and other players really have to aim up and actually give him options. The warriors run one out far too much with no support runners and option plays which can isolate players. What we need to see from them is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck running into holes off the shoulder of a player who can offload (i.e. Mannering or Matulino - or even Vete/Lisone). We haven't had a hole running fullback for awhile it seems. Locke and Tomkins both tended to be ball playing fullbacks. If they get it right, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will be lethal. If they dish up more of what they dished up this year... well I'll be disappointed.

You nailed it Bro,
Thats some Graham on Slater nah nah Tyson on Holyfield shit:D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Miket12

Miket12

Im not counting this years Kiwis team or else you could call Kata and Loloheia Kiwis despite having not played yet and having only one year experience (didnt realise Thompson had been there in the past, are you sure about that?)

This years team is a development Kiwis team, that seems pretty obvious
Don't know if he made it on to the field - but he was a part of last year's Four Nations squad:

Upload 2015 9 30 16 14 6

wallacenz

wallacenz

Don't know if he made it on to the field - but he was a part of last year's Four Nations squad:
Yeah I dont think he played, have to play to get the cap. Technically Kata, Thompson and Loloheia are Kiwis because they have been named in a squad but that is deceptive when naming a team and having international status as an indicator of quality. As someone else pointed out the Roosters playing in front of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck have a shit tonne of experience and legitimate rep caps

bruce

bruce

Contributor

If Jono Wright hadn't made an under 20 mistake by dropping the ball in goal we would have beaten the Roosters at Mount Smart. At one stage we were in the top four for a few days...my point is the Roosters aren't that good, the Warriors aren't that bad...and playing origin only means you have made it to the internal rep comp for the second best league country in the world...the Roosters had one of the best line speeds in the comp outside of the Broncos...we didn't even have a line...if Morgan can get that fixed the Warriors might turn a few heads next year

OMG

OMG

OMG here's another one for you bro :)

He has interesting point there, a tad flawed but interesting none the less.
He must be the only person that follows Rugby League that thinks that team is average and isn't pushing salary cap rules to the brink though and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being a Senior player made me giggle, I don't even class Shaun Johnson as a Senior player yet.
I certainly will strongly disagree about the ingoal catch from Jono, that didn't cost us the game, thats like saying Kata's 3 errors cost us the game.
Shit defence is what cost us the game end of story, and when you look at stats Thompsons 7 misses or Manners 3 and 4 ineffective are more responsible IMO.

Jay M

Jay M

He has interesting point there, a tad flawed but interesting none the less.
He must be the only person that follows Rugby League that thinks that team is average and isn't pushing salary cap rules to the brink though and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being a Senior player made me giggle, I don't even class Shaun Johnson as a Senior player yet.
I certainly will strongly disagree about the ingoal catch from Jono, that didn't cost us the game, thats like saying Kata's 3 errors cost us the game.
Shit defence is what cost us the game end of story, and when you look at stats Thompsons 7 misses or Manners 3 and 4 ineffective are more responsible IMO.

personally I loved the roosters aren't that good and the warriors aren't that bad... when the warriors ended the season on what - 8 losses in a row? and the roosters ended the regular season on 12, or was it 13 wins in a row?

the year the warriors win 12 or 13 games in a row - I'll be proclaiming them the best team in the comp, regardless of who actually wins it.

Warz7

If Jono Wright hadn't made an under 20 mistake by dropping the ball in goal we would have beaten the Roosters at Mount Smart. At one stage we were in the top four for a few days...my point is the Roosters aren't that good, the Warriors aren't that bad...and playing origin only means you have made it to the internal rep comp for the second best league country in the world...the Roosters had one of the best line speeds in the comp outside of the Broncos...we didn't even have a line...if Morgan can get that fixed the Warriors might turn a few heads next year

I know we're all Warriors fans but the Roosters side not that good? Lol you have to be kidding. Easily the best side in the comp this year and still a Top 4 side next year. They ooze experience and talent all across the park, even their bench is amazingly strong

Sup42

Sup42

Anyone see the article where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck bangs on about his dream to be an All Black ? then says he had an offer from Union but he still has to grow in league ?

That's SBW talk right there....fullah will go far.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Anyone see the article where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck bangs on about his dream to be an All Black ? then says he had an offer from Union but he still has to grow in league ?

SBW in a good way or SBW bad???

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

SBW in a good way or SBW bad???
Good way for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, he's promoting himself well in terms of reminding the public at large that his worth crosses two codes.

Same stuff Williams does really. Not what Warrior fans want, but pretty savvy putting it out there before he gets taken in by Warrior hearts and minds.

Certainly not trying to boost a contract offer.....he coulda tried that on while in negotiations with the Warriors.

Reactions: 3 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor

He will be looking at RWC 2019...how long is he signed for here?

bruce

bruce

Contributor
I know we're all Warriors fans but the Roosters side not that good? Lol you have to be kidding. Easily the best side in the comp this year and still a Top 4 side next year. They ooze experience and talent all across the park, even their bench is amazingly strong
I repeat if wasn't for the dropped ball we won the game. The NRL is a very competitive comp and the difference between winning and losing isn't much...one dud defender is all it takes...two is a disaster...and having one top attacking back in Shaun Johnson got us into the top four (momentarily)...and I have never been a Rooster fan...and doubt I ever will be...so I guess I am biased...so what?