Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I like Ponga the most out of all of them....RTS close 2nd.

Reaction score
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
RTS to replace Karks in a couple years at 6.

Reaction score

AusWarriorsFan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So many good ones in this era. I'd rather have RTS, Trbojevic or Ponga over those two mentioned above.

Holmes scores a lot of tries but I don't see him having that all around game as yet, it'll probably come though.
Same. Val Holmes may score tries but so many times hes not in position to save tries. I think Rog saves more tries than Val scores tries,.

I think Tedesco is the only full back now that Billy has retired that is both good on defense and is lethal on offense. But hes still no where close to RTS on defense.

I think also considering Rog is captain, hes doing an incredible job at the warriors. he is inspiring with his actions.

Reaction score
Salatape

Salatape

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm no rugby league expert by any means but I do find it a bit weird that RTS has only scored 3 tries this year. You'd think that we would be using our best and most explosive runner more, especially with guys like Blair and Harris on the edges who can get their hands free. A lot of times I've seen Blair get free and look for an offload but with no support runners around him.

But meh with Fus scoring 20+ tries it's not that big of an issue I guess

Reaction score
Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I'm no rugby league expert by any means but I do find it a bit weird that RTS has only scored 3 tries this year. You'd think that we would be using our best and most explosive runner more, especially with guys like Blair and Harris on the edges who can get their hands free. A lot of times I've seen Blair get free and look for an offload but with no support runners around him.

Radio sport did a good job nailing Kearney down on a specific area they try to improve a player as good as RTS.

Kearney agrees with you. He also told RTS to work on his PTB speed.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

I see it as a positive .He's contributing to the teams try .Not worried if he
Scores or not .He could have held onto a few passes an gone for it.
But no he's passed the ball to someone in a better position to score .
He does so much work .If anyone says his lack of tries is letting him down
They are idiots .The guy is the full package as a player.

As a captain .
We appear to lose the referee battle slightly more than we win.
An we still have the propensity for total collapse at anytime .An
More so than other clubs .
But over all he's good as .

Reaction score
1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as you can believe betting agencies in Aussie. RTS is odds on favourite to win the Dally M.

I hope he does win it because does he deserve it this season.

Reaction score
Citygirl

Citygirl

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Reaction score
As much as you can believe betting agencies in Aussie. RTS is odds on favourite to win the Dally M.

I hope he does win it because does he deserve it this season.
Would be stoked if he won this. Anyone know how the operation went?

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So when do we move him to 5/8? :p

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'd love for RTS to win it but I reckon Damien Cook has been the best player in the NRL this year.
Agreed he has been awesome... well until Saturday night but that doesn't count for Dally M

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'd love for RTS to win it but I reckon Damien Cook has been the best player in the NRL this year.
It's been cooks year for sure but his origin series was a big part of that and that doesn't (well shouldn't) count towards the dally m.

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
A shame he got injured as he'll miss the internationals. But a bit of a blessing in that he will get some rest and can get a pre-season in once he has recovered from the knee injury.

Knee won't hurt Roger Tuivasa-Sheck long-term

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is confident a knee injury won't hinder his preparations for the 2019 NRL season as he looks to build on his Dally M success at the Warriors.

The Kiwi fullback was ruled out of next month's test between the Kiwis and Kangaroos in Auckland and New Zealand's tour of England after undergoing minor surgery this month, but he remains hopeful he will have a full pre-season following the injury.

Tuivasa-Sheck's award made him the first Warrior to win the gong, as he led the club to their first finals series in seven years this season.

"I'm gutted I'm going to miss out on wearing the black jersey this year and focus on my pre-season with the Warriors," Tuivasa-Sheck said after winning the medal on Wednesday night.

"I'm just super proud of the club and where we've gone to.

"There is a lot of improvement we can take and the next step we want to take. Just proud we can take this back to Auckland and show the friends and family there."

The 25-year-old polled 29 votes this season to win by two points from Newcastle's Kalyn Ponga.

After being presented the award by Australia Prime Minister Scott Morrison and Johnathan Thurston, fellow-Kiwis Issac Luke, Jordan Rapana, Jazz Tevaga and Jamayne Isaako led an impromptu haka performance.

"That's just crazy. Where I'm from back in New Zealand there is a special moment for me," Tuivasa-Sheck said.

"Back home when something happens, the haka is performed to bring up a special occasion and just to be receiving on is a big honour.

"To have Bully (Issac Luke) a close friend of mine do it for me and a close group of friends there was truly special for me."

With his partner back home in New Zealand with his young child, Tuivasa-Sheck was joined by his father Jonny for the night and the pair embraced on the stage post-awards.

"My dad, even though he was a bit quiet tonight, he gives some pretty honest feedback and sometimes I want to block his number because they keep coming," the Warriors fullback said.

"But that's because he wants to pick up small areas in my game and wants to help me improve me every day. He's fully into it and I love him for it."

AAP

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/107408174/knee-wont-hurt-roger-tuivasasheck-longterm

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This all goes back to him re-signing before the season started.
He could've held off and pushed for more money but he showed real loyalty and leadership to make that decision.
If it had dragged on through the season we might not have got off to such a great start and could now be looking at our 8th season without finals and possibly moving forward to next season without our captain and best player.
Without wanting to sound to mellow dramatic he may have singlehandedly saved this club.
How he missed out on captain of the year is beyond me.

Reaction score
Fearmuss

Fearmuss

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It's been cooks year for sure but his origin series was a big part of that and that doesn't (well shouldn't) count towards the dally m.
I reckon Rog did more with less, a lot of Cook’s highlights were running off a monster pack. RTS had to work for every metre and his try saves are heading towards Slater level.

We could unlock RTS even more with better attacking structures, I agree with Matty Johns here, he was better used at the Roosters, we are using him shit and he still pulls this off, shows his quality and how much more he can improve...

Reaction score
ttkk19

ttkk19

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This all goes back to him re-signing before the season started.
He could've held off and pushed for more money but he showed real loyalty and leadership to make that decision.
If it had dragged on through the season we might not have got off to such a great start and could now be looking at our 8th season without finals and possibly moving forward to next season without our captain and best player.
Without wanting to sound to mellow dramatic he may have singlehandedly saved this club.
How he missed out on captain of the year is beyond me.
Throwback to when everyone started hating on him because of one measly article that linked him to rugby.

If you go back 20 or so pages you could have a good laugh at some of the bs people on here were saying about him (I won't quote any of it just to keep things civilized) . Unfaithful lot (was gonna use a different word but again, need to be civilized). Now they're all gloating to their friends about how a warriors player's just won the Dally M.

Pretty sure you were one of the only other people to support him when everyone turned on him dude. Hats off to you, a true supporter. All these other band-wagon fans can go away (civilized).

Reaction score
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So so good! Congrats Roger and well deserved.

Just watched the replay on Sky and the one thing that jumped out was what an awesome human being he is. How humble he is. I had enormous respect before but even more so now. There is not an inch of arrogance to the guy and really shows how much he cares for this club and his team mates. Awesome stuff.

Top Bottom