Player Roger Tuivasa-Sheck

Matulino's Left Shoulder

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 22, 2012
I'm not sure what to make of this because I can't seem to access the video. but bulldogs fans (i'm not are why) say on their forum that Roger Tuivasa-Sheck regrets signing with us:

https://tenplay.com.au/sport/2015/9/21/roosters-x-factor

I: Any regrets signing with the Warriors?
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck: Yeh aww alot alot yeh it's tough.

I: Is there any time you've thought you've made the wrong decision, and I want to stay?
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck: Awww there was plenty of those, plenty of those. You see the boys at work and the coaching staff and bond I've created with them and it's tough. Again again I have my family to look after though.

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but can anyone else access the video??

Aww yeaaah its tough dox but $850k tho

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

Makasene

1st Grade Fringe
May 10, 2012
Bit of a blow up.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck says regrets about leaving are because of the bond he has with his team mates - Media interpret it to be regrets about joining the Warriors.

I have no doubt he will get here and find himself at home alongside Bully, Shaun Johnson, Manu etc.

Hopefully we click with him as quick as possible as it appears he will be lost to Union once his contract expires.

Reactions: Sup42 and Nahz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Just watched it, its fully slanted to make it seem like he regrets signing with the Warriors. As others have said its pretty bad cutting and I get the impression had you seen the full take it would have been something like " Yeah im sad to leave the roosters but looking forward to a new challange with the warriors" type cliche but they just seemed to cut in the words that suited their agenda.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
If you leave any job or place you leave there is a bit of sadness when you come to the point where leaving is really close. In the end you realise you made a decision for change and change is what you wanted for what ever reason.

He's been busy looking for a house in Auckland and it sounds like both Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and his partner are keen to come home. Once he gets home from the Kiwis tour and is home in Auckland the reasons for wanting to come home will be clear and he'll be keen to start the next phase of his life/career.

As a Warriors supporter that it seems foreign to have a player wanting to come home to Auckland; but damn it does feel good having one of the best young superstars on the way to our club. That dummy half we brought is quite good as well I hear.;)

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012
What a freak of a player so stoked to have this guy coming home ..arguably the best player signing in this club's history.

He's going to bring so much class and quality to make the players around him better.

I liken Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Luke's signings to when the Chiefs signed Cruden and SBW, they made players around them better.

Messam, Kerr-Barlow, Cane etc pretty much laboured in the years prior to Cruden and SBW signing. Cruden and SBW inspired players around them by their conduct and professionalism and made that franchise a real force and turned guys like Messam, TKB, Cane & Retallick into regular All Blacks.

I believe Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Luke will have that same impact with our club.. A lot of our players have coasted far too long and haven't earned their pay cheques imo.. just the excitement of having two genuine NRL superstars to look up to and learn from is priceless for our boys.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
What a freak of a player so stoked to have this guy coming home ..arguably the best player signing in this club's history.

He's going to bring so much class and quality to make the players around him better.

I liken Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Luke's signings to when the Chiefs signed Cruden and SBW, they made players around them better.

Messam, Kerr-Barlow, Cane etc pretty much laboured in the years prior to Cruden and SBW signing. Cruden and SBW inspired players around them by their conduct and professionalism and made that franchise a real force and turned guys like Messam, TKB, Cane & Retallick into regular All Blacks.

I believe Roger Tuivasa-Sheck & Luke will have that same impact with our club.. A lot of our players have coasted far too long and haven't earned their pay cheques imo.. just the excitement of having two genuine NRL superstars to look up to and learn from is priceless for our boys.

Hope your right, I remember feeling the same way when we got price and wiki but it was not to be

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
To be fair both players had peaked. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck hasnt even come close to his...
Positions too bro, people don't seem to realise how much difference a Hooker with nous can make and a Fullback that can not only read play but do amazing shit, Rog follows play better than I have seen, his support play will be immense IMO, something that has been neglected for far too long.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
When we first signed him we were signing an exciting player with a great step; someone who could break open a game. Sounds like what we already had with a lot of players. Back then he was still an unknown as a fullback. He obviously had potential and it looked like the position would suit him.

This year he's come on leaps and bounds. The $800k we forked out for him at the start of the year might have seemed a risk. He's now one of the games superstars; and is probably worth that.

We are getting a fullback whose dangerous on kick returns, follows that with another hit up, and is a metre eating machine. Hell I could easily go on.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
When we first signed him we were signing an exciting player with a great step; someone who could break open a game. Sounds like what we already had with a lot of players. Back then he was still an unknown as a fullback. He obviously had potential and it looked like the position would suit him.

This year he's come on leaps and bounds. The $800k we forked out for him at the start of the year might have seemed a risk. He's now one of the games superstars; and is probably worth that.

We are getting a fullback whose dangerous on kick returns, follows that with another hit up, and is a metre eating machine. Hell I could easily go on.

He's definitely worth it bro. It's actually probably going to end up being a steal.

Nice to have a kick returner who can make things happen for sure after Tomkins and Locke who were both trash at that part of the game. Locke couldnt beat a guy one on one to save his life. Tomkins was even worse.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
I remember someone earlier bringing up about Gus Goulds comments about the price the Warriors paid for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being too much. That was when the deal was first announced and all before he went on his extraordinary record breaking run.

I asked a couple weeks back on Twitter whether he still held that view and this was his reply...

Just too proud to admit he was wrong. Forget his age/experience and look at his performance this season.....easily Dally M Fullback and easily worth what we paid.

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
He's definitely worth it bro. It's actually probably going to end up being a steal.

Nice to have a kick returner who can make things happen for sure after Tomkins and Locke who were both trash at that part of the game. Locke couldnt beat a guy one on one to save his life. Tomkins was even worse.
I get the Locke hate Bro, but he did have a couple of wow moments, I was at the Titans game when he had his 1st shot at it and his return from near our line was wicked and the rest of the season he was way better than average.
He certainly had disappointing moments but as I said when we signed the Pom, it wasn't an upgrade, and I took a bit of shit around here over my assessment of the Pom.

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
I get the Locke hate Bro, but he did have a couple of wow moments, I was at the Titans game when he had his 1st shot at it and his return from near our line was wicked and the rest of the season he was way better than average.
He certainly had disappointing moments but as I said when we signed the Pom, it wasn't an upgrade, and I took a bit of shit around here over my assessment of the Pom.

Seriously from 2012 onwards he was a weak kick returner....he could not beat a man one on one to save himself. Before that yeah sure he did pretty well and I was a big fan. But he lost that ridiculous pace he had, he was close to quickest in the league at one point and it all went downhill from there with his injuries and attitude.

I agree with Tomkins....can't remember your initial assessment but have always respected your opinion so am not suprised if you were bang on the money. Some forumers here.....one in particular.....talked him up to almost god like status like we were getting a future immortal....that obviously never happened.

Reactions: ramps and OMG

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
Seriously from 2012 onwards he was a weak kick returner....he could not beat a man one on one to save himself. Before that yeah sure he did pretty well and I was a big fan. But he lost that ridiculous pace he had, he was close to quickest in the league at one point and it all went downhill from there with his injuries and attitude.

I agree with Tomkins....can't remember your initial assessment but have always respected your opinion so am not suprised if you were bang on the money. Some forumers here.....one in particular.....talked him up to almost god like status like we were getting a future immortal....that obviously never happened.
Elliot made him fat Bro, size is psychological and can give an outward sense of intimidation and inner sense fearlessness, its all about the ticka.
Lockes last season at FB was hugely better than the Poms, with at least 2 games where he was our best on the field, particularly a Broncos game.
He pissed me off with the stupid moments like when he thought he could out wheels people and get taken over the sideline.
In saying that I would have dearly loved to have seen the Pom at 6 and Locke in the 1.
The mind is so fickle that things that happen off the field can affect the best of players.
Im truly of the opinion that our Culture has deteriorated so badly that none of our personnel can be held directly responsible for the outcomes of our recent seasons, its been a group effort.

Reactions: Rick O'Shay

ShaunJohnson7

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Elliot made him fat Bro, size is psychological and can give an outward sense of intimidation and inner sense fearlessness, its all about the ticka.
Lockes last season at FB was hugely better than the Poms, with at least 2 games where he was our best on the field, particularly a Broncos game.
He pissed me off with the stupid moments like when he thought he could out wheels people and get taken over the sideline.
In saying that I would have dearly loved to have seen the Pom at 6 and Locke in the 1.
The mind is so fickle that things that happen off the field can affect the best of players.
Im truly of the opinion that our Culture has deteriorated so badly that none of our personnel can be held directly responsible for the outcomes of our recent seasons, its been a group effort.

True, but how do you explain Locke's attitude since he left? I just think he's toxic and if I'm honest I think he stunk in his last season, people were saying he was injured but either way he wasn't the answer at fullback and nowhere near his 2011 and early 2012 old self....anyway now we have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck who is better than Locke and Tomkins combined in my honest opinion ;) I do agree though that Tomkins never being tried in the halves was ridiculous, especially when Shaun Johnson went down.

Reactions: Defence

OMG

Warriors 1st Grader
May 18, 2012
Churchur
True, but how do you explain Locke's attitude since he left? I just think he's toxic and if I'm honest I think he stunk in his last season, people were saying he was injured but either way he wasn't the answer at fullback and nowhere near his 2011 and early 2012 old self....anyway now we have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck who is better than Locke and Tomkins combined in my honest opinion ;) I do agree though that Tomkins never being tried in the halves was ridiculous, especially when Shaun Johnson went down.

Locke hasnt actually done so much wrong over there, the Salford stuff wasn't sweet FA, Koukash is pretty out there and slammed him for being fat(Elliots fault lol, he should have been packing a 12pack with his build) and he thought he had a grievance in regards to his wage, he might have been wrong or could of had a shit agent.
The latest seems exactly like a rumour that got started on these pages, one fuckhead says its true so it must be.
His denial is good enough for me or they all would have been charged, early days yet but he has never been found guilty of lying as far as I know.
That old saying about shoes comes to mind when I think about Kev and some of the things said about him, definitely a slow maturer though.

Edit-Sorry Mods, need to keep you busy though, hehehe.

Reactions: mt.wellington

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I remember someone earlier bringing up about Gus Goulds comments about the price the Warriors paid for Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being too much. That was when the deal was first announced and all before he went on his extraordinary record breaking run.

I asked a couple weeks back on Twitter whether he still held that view and this was his reply...
Sounds like Gould is just being stubborn and trying to stick with his orginal statements. Either that or he's jealous he couldn't get him for the Panthers.

Gould was gushing about Roger Tuivasa-Sheck being able to play in the halves a few weeks before he signed. He signs for us and all of sudden people think he'll be too old to learn, pass etc.:rolleyes:

Some of that might be how we have gone the last few years but any other clubs signs quality and its a good thing.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings