Recruitment Roger Tuivasa-Sheck Signing & Sam Tomkins Release Discussion

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Or if the warriors are playing like "the warriors" then yes I can see him leaving abit early lol
Tomkins says "Hi".

or should I say "Bye".

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This is what erks me about RTS. He's not coming here with a goal in mind to help the Warriors change. He's coming to earn a paycheck and find this way into the AB's.
Though I'm sure he will still harbor childhood dreams of being an All-Black, DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE.
Anyone thinking he's going to catalyst us to better things are kidding themselves.
Tell that to Cappy, sure RTS will make an impact and continue to be amazing BUT one injury and Cappy will be exposed again.

Reaction score

Marshthedarsh

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
This is what erks me about RTS. He's not coming here with a goal in mind to help the Warriors change. He's coming to earn a paycheck and find this way into the AB's.

Anyone thinking he's going to catalyst us to better things are kidding themselves.
Agreed. Fact is he's already won his Premiership Ring. He's 1 World cup away from the set. His Golden Boot is in the mail for this year already.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
IMO Sam Tomkins playing fullback was the worst positional decision ever... Maybe in super league he goes alright out the back, but in the NRL, he's too small...

We should have had two full seasons with him at half back... Would have been awesome...:banghead:

Reaction score
Jay M

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
IMO Sam Tomkins playing fullback was the worst positional decision ever... Maybe in super league he goes alright out the back, but in the NRL, he's too small...

We should have had two full seasons with him at half back... Would have been awesome...:banghead:
on attack - it'd be great. on defence - the opposition would run at him all day every day... nullifying his attack when he's making 30 tackles a game...

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
It would have been good to have seen Tomkins in the halves during his stint here. The appeal would have been with him paired up with Johnson and having that speed on both sides of the ruck.

We don't have the posters from Wigan on here as often as we did when we first signed Tomkins. They'd be able to confirm why Maguire moved him too fullback. Was his defence too weak for the front like or was it just to get the best use out of him on attack? It's probably a combination but the Wigan posters would be able to confirm his defence in the front line; at fullback it seems to be get his body in front of the ball carrier anyway he can.

Having Tomkins at fullback has given us the tip on plays to free up our outside backs, It's hard to remember now that we have fallen apart since Johnson's injury and Tomkins is playing with a gamee knee.

Reaction score
wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
After watching RTS in the weekend I can't wait to see him at the back for the Warriors. Him and Johnson (if SJ comes back from this injury) stepping teams to pieces should be entertaining

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
So the rugby league media keep wanting to find ways RTS can renege on his Warriors deal; because if he doesn't play for the Roosters the sun might not come up in the morning. We have RTS saying he wouldn't mind playing for the All Blacks.

Now one of his team mates are all "Hey America forget Hayne; our boy is just as good".

Can we at least have the poor guy turn up and try on a Warriors jersey and play a few games first.:rolleyes:

Friend: RTS can crack NFL
August 25, 2015 5:45pm
By Sam Alexander
Sydney Roosters captain Jake Friend has a message for American football scouts searching for 'the next Jarryd Hayne' – look no further than RTS.

Friend believes teammate Roger Tuivasa-Sheck possesses the same sort of freakish talent that has Americans drooling over Hayne.
The Roosters No.1 is blessed with speed, a lightning quick step, strength and great evasive skills.
Sound familiar?
“I guess it's (Hayne's form with the 49ers) going to open a lot of doors for a few blokes and I’m sure Roger would go awesome over there,” Friend said on Tuesday.
“I’ve never been into the NFL much but I’ve been into all the news reports and that sort of stuff… all the best to him (Hayne) and I hope he does make it and it would be good to see what comes of it.”

Friend’s teammate Mitchell Aubusson is another among a string of NRL players keeping tabs on Hayne’s progress and likes what he sees.
“It’s outstanding, a guy who just backs himself and went over there and gave it a crack. I just couldn’t be happier for him and I hope he gets into that 53-man squad,” Aubusson said.
“The way he’s going at the moment, they might sign him for a few years, who knows? It’s just so awesome he found the NFL and (I) just cant wait to see him go round in a regular game.”

https://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/friend-rts-can-crack-nfl-rugby-league-sydney-roosters-american-football-san-francisco-49ers/cyulofhcps5f1rsc9v1m4c8o9

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
RTS would go alright in the NRL. He'll go alright in a warriors jersey too...

Can't wait..

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
So Luke's coming home to be close to family....RTS coming home to be an All Black...Anyone who wants to play for the warriors? :(
Hey, no sports player moves to any club (whichever club, whichever tournament, whichever sport) for any other reason than because it suits them. The PR spin will make you think Messi stays at Barcelona because of the coach/setup/whatever but it's because it suits him at this point in time. The minute he wants a change, it's goodbye Barca!!

I'm actually impressed that they're being honest about things.

They're not saying they won't give 100%, just that they're here because it suits their family/career goals. I'm fine with that in the same way I'm fine with a club saying "We'll sign so-and-so for three years but he's coming to the end of his career so we won't re-sign him, just let his contract run down."

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
So Luke's coming home to be close to family....RTS coming home to be an All Black...Anyone who wants to play for the warriors? :(
SJ always talks about how he grew up wanting to play for the Warriors. Now he's in a position where his absence has caused the team to collapse into a stinking heap... Not only is he playing for us, but he's our best player... There's one dream come true right there...

Lets not forget that RTS, Luke, SJ and TL are 4/5ths of the first choice Kiwi's spine, and the kiwi's are currently No.1... If that had nothing to do with their decision to move here then I'm a blind goat eating old 90's clothes out of a recycling bin...

I personally think Luke is going to make a huge difference to our squad... How much? Too much! How meke? Tumeke!

Reaction score

willemse

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
Should we be worried about rts turning to mud? He talks about the nutritionist and conditioning staff altering his workout and eating plan everyday. Do we have people in place like that at the club that can devote that much energy into a player.

Reaction score

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Should we be worried about rts turning to mud? He talks about the nutritionist and conditioning staff altering his workout and eating plan everyday. Do we have people in place like that at the club that can devote that much energy into a player.
He's an energizer bunny...you cant teach that, it's something you're born with, so he'll keep running his guts out because thats how he plays.

It's always been one of the Warriors biggest problems...too many lazy fucks with no stamina or the will to keep going when fatigue starts biting.

Reaction score
brightman

brightman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
SJ always talks about how he grew up wanting to play for the Warriors. Now he's in a position where his absence has caused the team to collapse into a stinking heap... Not only is he playing for us, but he's our best player... There's one dream come true right there...

Lets not forget that RTS, Luke, SJ and TL are 4/5ths of the first choice Kiwi's spine, and the kiwi's are currently No.1... If that had nothing to do with their decision to move here then I'm a blind goat eating old 90's clothes out of a recycling bin...

I personally think Luke is going to make a huge difference to our squad... How much? Too much! How meke? Tumeke!
Love the enthusiasm and agree on most points you make however I believe the coach will determine how well the team performs, a team of champs or a champion team?

Reaction score
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It would have been good to have seen Tomkins in the halves during his stint here. The appeal would have been with him paired up with Johnson and having that speed on both sides of the ruck.

We don't have the posters from Wigan on here as often as we did when we first signed Tomkins. They'd be able to confirm why Maguire moved him too fullback. Was his defence too weak for the front like or was it just to get the best use out of him on attack? It's probably a combination but the Wigan posters would be able to confirm his defence in the front line; at fullback it seems to be get his body in front of the ball carrier anyway he can.

Having Tomkins at fullback has given us the tip on plays to free up our outside backs, It's hard to remember now that we have fallen apart since Johnson's injury and Tomkins is playing with a gamee knee.
I have a mate in Wigan and he cannot understand why we didn't play him in the halves, he reckons its his natural position.

Reaction score
jonno

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I have a mate in Wigan and he cannot understand why we didn't play him in the halves, he reckons its his natural position.
Cause the clubs bat shit crazy ATM...

Top Bottom