Recruitment Roger Tuivasa-Sheck Signing & Sam Tomkins Release Discussion

I think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will be happy and looking forward to next year more now that Luke has signed. Takes the pressure of him a lot and he knows he the team is going somewhere. I think the stats are a pretty good indicator of how hes going this year offensively and defensively. Defensively Ingles is better now but Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is running twice the metres as him and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has age on his side so a better longtime signing. An extra 100 metres a game can be huge. He reminds me of England's Jason Robertson for the spring he has in his feet when he steps.

Inglis is overrated as hell in my opinion. The amount of try saving tackles i've seen him miss.. Then again the stats probably won't end up backing me up on that one lol. Very excited for what Roger Tuivasa-Sheck can bring, if he can develop the passing game Tomkins has I can see him being one of the best fullbacks of all time easily.

What's the odds on the Warriors feilding 2 golden boot winners next year?
I know it's a long way off but I'm calling it early- if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck can keep up this form he should be right in the mix for the dally m.
And when u consider that the golden boot is heavily weighted towards internationals and Australia have already played their one and only test for the year- and they got flogged...
Well if we can account for the poms at the end of the year and keep our number 1 ranking a kiwi would have to be odds on to take it out again with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leading the charge.
His most likely opposition would prob be luke and Bromwich- Shaun Johnson could even be a chance to go back to back with a strong second half to the year and a dominant display in Great Britain.
Good chance of a 2016 warrior taking out the 2015 golden boot imo.
The futures so bright I gotta wear shades :cool:

What's the odds on the Warriors feilding 2 golden boot winners next year?
I know it's a long way off but I'm calling it early- if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck can keep up this form he should be right in the mix for the dally m.
And when u consider that the golden boot is heavily weighted towards internationals and Australia have already played their one and only test for the year- and they got flogged...
Well if we can account for the poms at the end of the year and keep our number 1 ranking a kiwi would have to be odds on to take it out again with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leading the charge.
His most likely opposition would prob be luke and Bromwich- Shaun Johnson could even be a chance to go back to back with a strong second half to the year and a dominant display in Great Britain.
Good chance of a 2016 warrior taking out the 2015 golden boot imo.
The futures so bright I gotta wear shades :cool:

Your quite possibly right, imagine no Kangaroos nominated because they didn't play enough tests, the Aussie journos would flip out.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is proving to be every bit the player we hoped, Let's just hope he can bring the form to our team, or more importantly that our team can play to his strengths.

In no way shape or form in any universe should we be designing playing structures that limit Roger's running - He's made over 200m every game bar 2, and that was 171m and 178m respectfully. Also passed the 300m mark as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonno
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is proving to be every bit the player we hoped, Let's just hope he can bring the form to our team, or more importantly that our team can play to his strengths.

In no way shape or form in any universe should we be designing playing structures that limit Roger's running - He's made over 200m every game bar 2, and that was 171m and 178m respectfully. Also passed the 300m mark as well.
I think him and Shaun Johnson will get along real good with their twin running attack. Luke in the center of it all directing traffic. It's going to be lethal...

We really just need to stack the team with guys who can defend and we're title contenders...

I think him and Shaun Johnson will get along real good with their twin running attack. Luke in the center of it all directing traffic. It's going to be lethal...

We really just need to stack the team with guys who can defend and we're title contenders...

It sounds so simple...you'd think at this club simplicity would be a strength, but this defense stuff you speak of has always seemed all but impossible.

I think I'm gna have to hit the piss on the weekend of round 13!! I have no doubt they'll both be true to their word but gee the rooters have a bit of sway, as do the bunnies... Must stay positive....

Here's the changes to NRL contracts. I've put it in this thread because posters have been asking in here about the Round 13 deadline - mods if you want to move to a new thread or another thread, please do so. Interesting that the clubs can't announce a new signing until the cooling down period is over. I wonder how many will be "leaked" in order to force players current clubs to "up their offers" before the ten days is up:

NRL Contract Rule
Tue 02 Jun, 2015, 3:01pm
Email
Print

Players will be given a maximum 10 day "cooling off period" for any contract they sign under a new rule proposed by the NRL.

Head of Football, Todd Greenberg said the current rule, that was introduced to allow clubs until round 13 to retain players who have signed with a rival club, will be scrapped.

Instead, a contract signed with a rival club will be registered once a 10 business day cooling off period expires.

Mr Greenberg said fans and clubs were frustrated with the "round 13" rule because it can create uncertainty and speculation for a long time after a contract has been signed.

"I think everyone agrees it is unseemly to have months of speculation about whether a player is going to a rival club," he said.

"Our view is a 10 day cooling off period is an acceptable solution for all involved."

The introduction of the new rule is subject to further consultation and approval from the Rugby League Players Association.

If approved, it will stipulate that:

• A player may sign an extension of his contract with his existing club at any time
• A player may sign with a new club only during the final year of his contract
• A 10 business day cooling off period will apply to all contracts
• A club signing a player is prohibited from making an announcement until the cooling off period has expired

Mr Greenberg stressed that the proposed new rule will be an interim measure pending the outcome of Shane Richardson's "whole of game" review.

https://www.nrl.com/nrl-contract-rule/tabid/10874/newsid/86727/default.aspx

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s lucrative deal will prove money well spent by the Warriors
Dan Walsh
FOX SPORTS
June 02, 2015 11:00AM
image.jpg

ANOTHER round of NRL action has passed and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s sizzling performance for the Roosters should have the Warriors smiling, while the latest injury crisis at the foot of the mountains has Penrith in trouble.

Plenty in the game scoffed when the Warriors laid out around $800,000 a year to secure the fancy feet of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck until the end of 2018. If 21-year-old Roger is worth $2.5 million for three seasons, pondered Phil Gould, what about a Johnathan Thurston, a Cameron Smith or a Billy Slater? It’s a fair point. But right back at you, which of those blokes can do what Tuivasa-Sheck did on Monday night?

Tearing the much-lauded Storm defence a new one with the best footwork in the game, Tuivasa-Sheck had 158m to his name by halftime, not to mention a try assist for Daniel Tupou that he made look easy as pie, but in reality very few players in the game could have pulled off.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ran riot off the back of one of the most dominant forward displays seen this year, a platform the Warriors big men are more than capable of providing, but of course their consistency has been the bane of their existence for the past 20 years.

Still, Tuivasa-Sheck is out of the Benji/Hayne Plane mould: A precocious talent capable of nigh on anything on a footy field, the bloke who has kids pulling on his model of Nikes and imitating him in the backyard. And that is something the Warriors, with all of New Zealand and the greatest nursery in the game, can bank on.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...-by-the-warriors/story-fn2mcuj6-1227379368934

Ran for 200+ meters for the 5th game this year already. What is exciting was seeing him against the Storm he got himself into first receiver and wasn't just running with the ball but was showing his ball playing abilities threw a beautiful pass for Daniel Tupou's try.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Ran for 200+ meters for the 5th game this year already. What is exciting was seeing him against the Storm he got himself into first receiver and wasn't just running with the ball but was showing his ball playing abilities threw a beautiful pass for Daniel Tupou's try.
Been one of the most exciting players to watch this season but doesnt feature in the Dally M top 10. Chris Sandow does though. How is that even possible???

Been one of the most exciting players to watch this season but doesnt feature in the Dally M top 10. Chris Sandow does though. How is that even possible???
It's like one of life's great riddles or the game is full of blind judges.:confused:

Can't wait for this 10 business day rule to be put in place. If we have to have a cooling off period it needs to be a short period. This weeks Big League had a small article on the current situation saying that players sign elsewhere then their current club decides they then want them. Most cases this isn't correct the current club got out bid and then went back to the drawing board and upped their offer.

The form Roger Tuivasa-Sheck seems to be is going to make next off season a long one.:oops:
The Big League also had an article on him being potentially one of the most marketable players. Hopefully the Warriors tear the comp a new one next year so Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Johnson gets some good third party deals, stay Warriors become big stars and we get a lot of kids around the country wanting to be Warriors.