01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
Whangarei
Unless the NRL site's table isn't updated properly, given last night's results we're in, win or lose, aren't we? Dragons beat the Knights by more than 115 points or something. This will make it interesting to see whether the players really are unaware of what's happened in other games - if we come out like it's still do or die, then obviously the lads don't know.

Still, when media twat interviews Mannering at the coin toss, the first thing they'll mention is us being in the 8. And as much as I hate to think of a player like this, I can't get it out of my head that Mateo will find out the other teams' results to see whether he has to work hard or not.

[EDIT] The Panthers will be playing for a top four spot, so they'll be going into the game with more at stake than we will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sup42

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Unless the NRL site's table isn't updated properly, given last night's results we're in, win or lose, aren't we? Dragons beat the Knights by more than 115 points or something. This will make it interesting to see whether the players really are unaware of what's happened in other games - if we come out like it's still do or die, then obviously the lads don't know.

Still, when media twat interviews Mannering at the coin toss, the first thing they'll mention is us being in the 8. And as much as I hate to think of a player like this, I can't get it out of my head that Mateo will find out the other teams' results to see whether he has to work hard or not.
Yeah as long as we don't lose by more than two points we are in.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
fun fact
out of 11 losses the Warriors have only lost 1 game by 3 or less

So the chances of them losing by 3 or less are pretty slim, they have to win.

Then the Bulldogs lose and the Warriors face the Panthers 1st week of the finals, personally I think the Panthers are the weakest team in the finals and a great team to start off against

Reactions: Hadyn

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
fun fact

Then the Bulldogs lose and the Warriors face the Panthers 1st week of the finals, personally I think the Panthers are the weakest team in the finals and a great team to start off against
Your full of cheerful notes Wallace haha

At least.....and this is grasping at straws......if the Panthers kick a drop goal in the dying seconds and we lose by one, all the informed Leagueites will be cheering when that hooter goes while the bandwagoners will be crying......a fitful punishment for their sins.

I imagine if the Warriors go to Golden Point the thing to do would be give away a penalty under the sticks......Hold Soward down for ten minutes.

There's a tip for gamblers.....Panthers win in golden point with a penalty.

Gamble responsibly.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Your full of cheerful notes Wallace haha

At least.....and this is grasping at straws......if the Panthers kick a drop goal in the dying seconds and we lose by one, all the informed Leagueites will be cheering when that hooter goes while the bandwagoners will be crying......a fitful punishment for their sins.

I imagine if the Warriors go to Golden Point the thing to do would be give away a penalty under the sticks......Hold Soward down for ten minutes.

There's a tip for gamblers.....Panthers win in golden point with a penalty.

Gamble responsibly.
..Warriors get investigated over the off season and docked 4 or 6 or 8 points in 2015 season

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
I'll be able to tell in the first 5 minutes wether we're going to be up for this game or not.

Line speed on D. That'll be the key. If they bust an arse and get up quick, that'll set the tone for how we play.

However, if we show all the enthusiasm of Konnie at a salad buffet.....she's a long off season!

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2012
Invercargill
I'll be able to tell in the first 5 minutes wether we're going to be up for this game or not.

Line speed on D. That'll be the key. If they bust an arse and get up quick, that'll set the tone for how we play.

However, if we show all the enthusiasm of Konnie at a salad buffet.....she's a long off season!
Without good line speed, we wouldn't be able to go with any team that has played this weekend. The level of game has gone through the roof for everyone.

Reactions: snake77

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
It's going to be such a long day .Please ,please ,please just win tonight and I won't even ask for 6 to be the winning margin just want a Bloody win
The funniest thing would be if they did win by 6 points - the only time that janfin hasn't picked it since 1995!!!!

Hadyn

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2013
fun fact

I agree,very exciting day today.Knights v Drags who gives a shit but go the Tits.If they beat the Dogs all of a sudden we have an easier run.We will get the Panthers again in first round of finals (after we have smashed them up tonight) and then more than likely get the Sea Eagles whose forwards are stuffed at the moment and probably there for the taking after having played the Rabbits.After that would come the Roosters and then if we win that we are in the final.If the Dogs win today we will cop Storm then Cowboys then Rabbits....... just sounds harder to me.
Go Bulldogs and go the Warriors,as I see it if we play well we will beat the Panthers because we will be too good for them.
Under Clearly or Elliot this is a 50:50 game who knows what happens,if Cappy has taken us forward and we have improved our thinking and mindsets we will be a better chance than that......today we will see when the heat comes on!!!

Reactions: Defence

RJPWarrior1

U20's Player
Aug 24, 2014
Love my kids to the max and love the fact that they got me a heap of cool little thingies for F'day... but like all of us, what I really want today more than anything is a solid Warriors win. I'll be at the game cheering our boys on (and trying to make some inroads on the Manly-cheer squad my wife has turned our family into), but I'll be devastated if we either get thumped or lose in a close one by 3-6 (I'll be cursing the Storm for not going on with the job on Friday).

I agree with what was said about line speed in D being key, as it'll be a huge indicator of enthusiasm and attitude. Apart from that we just need the boys to execute well. As our forwards haven't been lighting the world on fire, I don't think we can out-grind the Panthers, which means we'll need to go to an off-load based second phase game, though a selective and controlled one. Matulino and Henry (and Mateo off the bench) must stand up here, as I don't think our other forwards have much to offer here. Apart from that, Johnson's kicking game needs to be spot on, as does his direction - if he starts to pivot aimlessly mid-field and not find gaps or men in the clear, our whole attack will break down.

Okay, that's me till tonight. Hopefully I'll catch you all on here later so we can cheer our way into the finals together. GO THE WARRIORS!!!

Nielsen Fan

Without good line speed, we wouldn't be able to go with any team that has played this weekend. The level of game has gone through the roof for everyone.

That's why we miss The Danger Man. He leads our defence and is one of our best players. How many others in our team can claim to be both an NRL Champion and a State Of Origin rep? Remember he is first cab off the ranks behind Justin Hodges and Greg Inglis. He is our best centre by 10 miles.

HeartyWARRIOR_278

NSW Cup Player
Jul 29, 2013
Brisbane
That's why we miss The Danger Man. He leads our defence and is one of our best players. How many others in our team can claim to be both an NRL Champion and a State Of Origin rep? Remember he is first cab off the ranks behind Justin Hodges and Greg Inglis. He is our best centre by 10 miles.
Is that you dane only he would say something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings