General RLWC 2021 Kiwis Team

Yeah Simonson isn't bad. Reimis Smith is a big body but he's a bit lazy, he's the weak link in the Storm's backline IMO. I'd be really happy with Talaki and Manu in the centres.
Talakai has been impressive this season. Has he pledged his allegience to the Kiwis? I remember he played jrs a few seasons back.

Another centre option is Morgan Harper.

Reactions: Once A Warrior
I'd like to see Shaun Johnson stay healthy for the Warriors but wouldn't deprive him of a Kiwi's jersey. Hughes has enough big game experience not to need Shaun Johnson but you could see the two of them in the halves and Brown as the utility. Manu is great anywhere in the backline, he's more of an attacking threat at centre though and he's outplayed Mitchell in tests before. None of our other centre options can keep Mitchell quiet.

CNK doesn't look 100% to me.
I hope Brown makes the squad I wanted us to blood him in 2019 give Shaun Johnson his last run then Hughes and Brown as the future halves pairing for NZ we just need a quality FB

Reactions: Viking
Talakai has been impressive this season. Has he pledged his allegience to the Kiwis? I remember he played jrs a few seasons back.

Another centre option is Morgan Harper.
Or Matty Timoko. Got a good amount of young guys coming through in the center slot. A young bronco coming through too Deine Mariner.
Could always give Manu the fullback slot.

Is Jeremy Marshall-King an option as a 14?

Put a line through Talakai. 21 minutes in he talks that the goals for '22 are Origin & the WC for Tonga. Makes sense. Australian born & was only eligible for Junior Kiwis through his Nuiean heritage I think

Doesn't he have to play for the Kangaroos to be eligible for origin?

Tonga, Samoa etc are tier 2 nations so are eligible for origin. He can’t play for NZ or Great Britain to not play origin from what I understand as they’re tier 1 and Aussie of course.
Wouldn't that mean Taumalolo could play origin once he switched to Tonga?

I thought with taumalolo he was just a bit too old when he moved over to qualify.
He seemed to be leaning towards Qld then they brought in the criteria u had to be in Australia before your 14th birthday or something? Don’t think his heart was ever really in the kiwi jumper.
Sounds like talakai was leaning towards nz but that would rule him out of origin so no way he picks us now.
Origin really farks us since we’re the only ones excluded (yeah the poms too but how many of them move to Australia as kids?). It’s pretty much everyone’s eligible unless u align yourself with nz so for young guys with a choice to make it’s a pretty easy one now.