Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

For my cheapies I've gone for Bostock, Strange, Flanagan, Weekes, Hughes, Willison, Cartwright. Keeping an eye on Taaffe as well. If he doesn't start at fullback for round 1 then I'll go Tuaupiki.
Taaffe is this years guaranteed trap haha.

There’s a real lack of decent bottom dollar cash cows this year. Last year there was a heap.
Whoever gets roles in the Raiders back like are worth a look. Most likely one of either strange and Weekes.
Danny Levi isnt a great fantasy player but if he’s starting hooker at less then $300k he’s hard to ignore.
Sam Hughes is must have.
Kini is a risky but decent option.
Burbo if he gets the start is risky but being a center starting at edge you pretty much have to go with it.
Salmon if he gets the start at lock is a really good option.

His handling was pretty average last night. But the Dogs seem like they are sticking with Chrichton at centre so it might be his position for the first few rounds at least.
He’s a bad option because even when he plays 80 at fullback he doesn’t score well. He’s a decent player but has proven to be a bit of a dud fantasy wise.
Of course this is fantasy and anything can and will happen.

I’m not sure if it’s been explained in this thread elsewhere but the core of choosing a player is the points they are priced at and the points you think they will score.
If you take a player and divide their price by $13.75k you will get the score they are priced at. 500k/13.75 is 36.36. So ideally to make a $500k player worth buying you should be confident they will average 10 points more than this, so 46 or more points.
Something must have changed from last season to this season to create those extra 10 points.

1708768869666.png

Does Fantasy know something we don't know? :ROFLMAO:

With Brimson being a strong likelihood of starting round 1 at centre for the Titans I've decided to go with Kini instead of Tuaupiki or Taaffe. Doesn't look like Campbell will be coming back until at least April so he's going to be getting a few games. Thanks everyone who has been answering the questions and providing advice to those of us who are playing for the first time.

I've settled on my round 1 team. With Piakura playing he's back in my 17 now and 5 of my 17 are playing in Vegas. I'm fairly certain every player in my 21 will be featuring in round 1 so I don't think I'll be needing to make any changes. Still got a spare $231k at the moment.

I've settled on my round 1 team. With Piakura playing he's back in my 17 now and 5 of my 17 are playing in Vegas. I'm fairly certain every player in my 21 will be featuring in round 1 so I don't think I'll be needing to make any changes. Still got a spare $231k at the moment.
Its possible that your team wont change. But the odds that the next TLT doesn't throw a few spanners in the works of your players (especially cashies) is pretty slim. Also that's probably too much cash to have in the bank.

Last edited:
Yep finally settled I think.. 6 playing in Vegas. This year is definitely harder than previous years. By the way, you should know with almost 100% certainty if your players are playing, dont chose a player that has question marks if they’re even playing. You can’t afford to have non scorers (except for Kris, hint hint)

Yep finally settled I think.. 6 playing in Vegas. This year is definitely harder than previous years. By the way, you should know with almost 100% certainty if your players are playing, dont chose a player that has question marks if they’re even playing. You can’t afford to have non scorers (except for Kris, hint hint)
This is really good advice. Don’t buy a guy like Jack Howarth and have him sit as a red dot in your emergencies all season. Like I’ve seen people do the last two seasons with him

Jamie brown on YouTube just released two awesome videos. Best in position, best mid range options & best cheap options. It’s great advice and i strongly suggest watching them both. Never have a player sitting on your team, or bench, that isn’t playing. Injured, suspended, anything. The opening half of the season is all about making cash to upgrade players down the track.

shhhhh with Kris