General Returning to Mt Smart

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Reminder for those who are interested, the captains run is tomorrow at Mt Smart.

Date: Saturday 2nd July
Time: 9.00am – 11.00am
Access: Entry via Gates B or C from 8.30am.

FREE parking is available in the main carpark accessible via Maurice Road or O'Rorke Road.

J_P

Reminder for those who are interested, the captains run is tomorrow at Mt Smart.

Date: Saturday 2nd July
Time: 9.00am – 11.00am
Access: Entry via Gates B or C from 8.30am.

FREE parking is available in the main carpark accessible via Maurice Road or O'Rorke Road.
Is this is only for club members?

Teeps4Shore

Teeps4Shore

Ran into Dallin this morning in the CBD. Don’t underestimate how much coming home has meant to the players. Words used were ‘as soon as we walked through the doors, we felt we belonged somewhere’. That’s telling.

Coming home I think has meant so much to these guys.. and frankly, I think over the last two months, they’ve probably lost a bit because they subconsciously counted down the days.

For me, I don’t care what’s happened over the past 3 years. I think our season starts this weekend.

It is this game that counts. And we can build from here

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Ran into Dallin this morning in the CBD. Don’t underestimate how much coming home has meant to the players. Words used were ‘as soon as we walked through the doors, we felt we belonged somewhere’. That’s telling.

Coming home I think has meant so much to these guys.. and frankly, I think over the last two months, they’ve probably lost a bit because they subconsciously counted down the days.

For me, I don’t care what’s happened over the past 3 years. I think our season starts this weekend.

Awesome 👌

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor

Well they better show up tomorrow and play like their lives depend on it.

I’m expecting nothing less than a win in your home game back after 3 long years.

Don’t disappoint the fans putting in the time and $$$ to watch you play.

Reactions: Mr Frank White
Tragic

Tragic

Contributor
Was pretty exciting getting back to the stadium and seeing the Team. Pretty light training, Pompey kicking goals a lot so expect he is going to be doing that in the game, Volkman also doing a few and so was Jazz :), seeing them in person Aitken looks like a beast - just solid asf; Berry has skinny as legs but running round looks like an athlete and has a good high kick on him as was kicking to Montoya for practice, I still got hope that Berry will come good. The Team were really appreciative of the fans turning up to watch, particularly good with the fans were Bunty, Curran, Jazz, Montoya but all kept their distance, no signing autographs or anything.

I am All In again - doesnt take much. Its much easier to be a hater from afar, when you see the team again the love comes back.

snake77

snake77

Like everyone else I'll rag on them after a loss as the most important thing is the result on any given weekend.

But we can't under estimate what these guys have gone through the last 2.5 seasons.

That idiot Rothfield has brought up a few times how the NRL has helped the club with facilities in Australia and help organise accommodation. It's still not their own homes and beds, or their own facilities or playing in front of their home fans and their home ground. They also were not able to walk down the road to see their friends or family as they have been stuck in another country.

This article on Egan is a good example. Played 50 games for us without representing the club at Mt Smart. Moved to NZ for the 2020 season and left for round 1 with minimal gear as it was supposed to be for one game. He's been in Australia since then. Had to get cancel his lease for his apartment and get a club official to pack his gear from his flat and put into storage. This is an Australian recruit who would be comfortable in Australia but all his belongings are in a storage unit in Auckland.

There are likely other stories where the club employees back in New Zealand have had to sort things out for players/management/staff stuck in Australia.

zaggo

zaggo

I better say this now before my opinion is changed based on his performance tomorrow.

I have never, ever seen a bloke so obviously stoked to be home as Shaun Johnson was at the run this morning. From the minute he walked out of the sheds, looked like he was on cloud 9 and that he couldn't believe this day has finally come. Was great to see.

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Rotorua - the stadium is a dive as is the town .
Nothing wrong with the stadium, as far as provincial stadiums go its one of the better ones, well known to have one of the best playing surfaces in the country.

No doubting covid hit this tourist town hard tho....also would help if all you fuckers would stop sending your bloody homeless here.

Great fucking news for Rotovegas in my books, ill be there with bells on.

Last edited:

EastStandDiehard

I think Rotorua is a great location for the game and will be a good spectacle there. Hosted the NZ Māori and British and Irish Lions test match in 2017. We should be celebrating a high quality league game is being showcased in a region in NZ.