General Returning to Mt Smart

jonesy101

jonesy101

It was nice to see some footage of the Warriors support staff with the players today. There was a reporter in the media recently who implied that there are almost no female employees, which doesn't actually look to be the case.

Really hoping we can get an NRLW team back on the field though as its very important for this club. I can understand the difficulty in committing to next year, but the NRL should show some goodwill and make allowance for us to re-enter in 2024. Sounds like Souths were prepping themselves for 2024 before the NRL came out the 10 team expansion announcement for next year at short notice, so maybe they'll allow for 12 teams in 2024 if the expansion proves successful and let us and Souths in. The NRL have said they are open to expansion so lets see it happen.

the borg

Kinda feel good for Sunday's homecoming, but pissed off and sad.. cause living in Aussie exposed our biggest weakness' and it seems to be top management and the owner... as a club that should of been worked on and fixed. Returning home aint goin to fix the prob, might get a win or two, but it will hide the real problem..

Fonzie

Fonzie

Contributor
Good to see the Pōwhiri occur to welcome the team back. Many new players and staff. Also good to see some of the club icons invited, The Mad Butcher, Awen Guttenbeil etc. Making these connections are important as we build our home base back up.

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2022...zGLuhkoPutCrcHNF58_ThD1jr0adhicyVQjzNf8GO-UBg
Interesting that Addin Fonua-Blake doesn’t appear once in this video, has anyone seen any shots of him with the team in NZ this week?

Reactions: ramps
john nick

john nick

I am interested to know what is your issue with Sir Peter?
He has done alot for the game and the community.
And himself. The bar he had at MSS was very very expensive last time I was there.
He also took over the crowd and even threatened to have bouncers kick out anyone talking while he was talking to the crowd

1995Warriorsfan

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
And himself. The bar he had at MSS was very very expensive last time I was there.
He also took over the crowd and even threatened to have bouncers kick out anyone talking while he was talking to the crowd
I assume you are talking about the Sir Peter Leitch Club? If you are, he doesn't run the bar or decide the prices, this is run independently.
He rans the lounge, so he can do what he wants, personally I believe if Sir Peter or his guests are talking and people are talking over them, then he has every right to threaten to kick those people out of the lounge.
Anyway mt.wellington, myself and the other 200 people who have a different opinion to yourself, will be having a fantastic time in the lounge with Sir Peter for the final time on Sunday.

Last edited:
john nick

john nick

I assume you are talking about the Sir Peter Leitch Club? If you are, he doesn't run the bar or decide the prices, this is run independently.
He ran the lounge, so he could do what he wanted, personally I believe if Sir Peter or his guests are talking and people are talking over them, then he has every right to threaten to kick those people out of the lounge.
Anyway mt.wellington, myself and the other 200 people who have a different opinion to yourself, will be having a fantastic time in the lounge with Sir Peter for the final time on Sunday.
Good for you. Enjoy your day

roadrunner

roadrunner

To all the fans on this site I hope you have a great time at the game on Sunday. Would have loved to have been there but busy time at work for me at the moment.I will be sitting in front of TV at kickoff with colours on and refreshments in hand for that long awaited win.

KiwiinJapan

Read an article on Stuff NZ. It said that the NRL is thinking of moving some team's home games to Mt. Smart. The article stated that it was to say thank you for the Warriors time in Australia. Then it went on to say that the perfect time would be when the Women`s world cup was on and other stadiums that would have been used are not free. I don`t think that the NRL really cares about the sacrifice that the Warriors have made over the last 2 years.