General Returning to Mt Smart

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Any Warriors fans out watched a Raiders game at Allegiant Stadium or a Rams game at SoFi stadium this season?
They are something else!

Attachments

• C3AFC695-98BC-4EC6-BBA6-89511C72BDEA.jpeg
    C3AFC695-98BC-4EC6-BBA6-89511C72BDEA.jpeg
    444.6 KB · Views: 22

RiceOwl

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2015
This may being covered off in the Covid thread but I just can’t bring myself to sift through the dozens of threads of the Sup vs Crow battle to get the answer…

Surely if this outbreak has sped up the need for NZ to transition from the elimination plan, and now that vaccinations are being pushed hard so that summer events can take place and airlines mandating that double vaxed people can travel (once borders open), surely borders are likely to be opened earlier meaning our boys (if vaxed) may have the opportunity to come home earlier to play?

Appreciate that the club has said they are sticking it out for the year, but I do wonder if things really opened up if they would reconsider or bring home games back earlier.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This may being covered off in the Covid thread but I just can’t bring myself to sift through the dozens of threads of the Sup vs Crow battle to get the answer…

Surely if this outbreak has sped up the need for NZ to transition from the elimination plan, and now that vaccinations are being pushed hard so that summer events can take place and airlines mandating that double vaxed people can travel (once borders open), surely borders are likely to be opened earlier meaning our boys (if vaxed) may have the opportunity to come home earlier to play?

Appreciate that the club has said they are sticking it out for the year, but I do wonder if things really opened up if they would reconsider or bring home games back earlier.
I think it depends on the effect of the new anti viral.

They can kiss their asses goodbye on vaccination unless the body bags start piling up and scare the beheyzeuss out of some of these antivaxxers.

The new drug will not be available until after Christmas, it costs US$700 a set and the Kiwibuild crew are showing what they have learned :rolleyes: and have turned down an early offer of supply from Merck. Scomo has already ordered for Oz.

So my guess is the country will be in turmoil by Christmas:eek:, and maybe a delay well into the New Year to get the antiviral.

Then we have to see what effect that has on the hospital system.

Book the fat lady for March 2023 ladies and jellybean...with an out clause.

• Sad
Reactions: wizards rage

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I think it depends on the effect of the new anti viral.

They can kiss their asses goodbye on vaccination unless the body bags start piling up and scare the beheyzeuss out of some of these antivaxxers.

The new drug will not be available until after Christmas, it costs US$700 a set and the Kiwibuild crew are showing what they have learned :rolleyes: and have turned down an early offer of supply from Merck. Scomo has already ordered for Oz.

So my guess is the country will be in turmoil by Christmas:eek:, and maybe a delay well into the New Year to get the antiviral.

Then we have to see what effect that has on the hospital system.

Book the fat lady for March 2023 ladies and jellybean...with an out clause.
what new drug?

Reactions: john nick

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
what new drug?
The new antiviral from Merck.

Once infection is detected take the tablets for a week and it reduces hospitalization and death by 50%.

That should create an effect in hospitals similar to 100% vaccination...maybe

Combine that with the vaxx passports and to quote Fauci...it is a game changer.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga

Once infection is detected take the tablets for a week and it reduces hospitalization and death by 50%.

Let's order them right now. Oops forgot. Do they work

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012

yep those arrived the other day, something like 7000 doses for the country.

• Love
Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Let's order them right now. Oops forgot. Do they work
Heyzeuss spare me!!!

By the time they are ready this country will be in turmoil all because they would not have a farking meeting for six weeks to discuss a life and death situation!!!

Now that stupid prick ScoMo for all his denseness can see the need to take a gamble on something the merkins are already convinced will work and be available by Christmas.

Just asking like, has any trainspotter on here seen the governments' response to what ScoMo did...don't ask me, cos it was PATHETIC

I am off to find a whisky, You feckers are driving me to drink.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Heyzeuss spare me!!!

By the time they are ready this country will be in turmoil all because they would not have a farking meeting for six weeks to discuss a life and death situation!!!

Now that stupid prick ScoMo for all his denseness can see the need to take a gamble on something the merkins are already convinced will work and be available by Christmas.

Just asking like, has any trainspotter on here seen the governments' response to what ScoMo did...don't ask me, cos it was PATHETIC

The parliamentary bar is still open

• Haha
Reactions: bruce

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Till now I have been against the return home of our team without zero Covid.

By the start of the season New Zealand will be ready to host NRL games imho.

We have vaccine passports coming for this type of event. What better way to advertise the vaccine than to pack out Mt Smart with vaccinated Warrior fans?

The teams can take rapid antigen tests and stay in a bubble to keep the Govt happy if required.

At the rates the vaccine roll out is happening, there really should be no reason the Warriors cannot get special entry without fuss and permission to go into full training mode on arrival with their opposition enjoying the same.

The team would still be wise to stay in Aus a bit longer, due to the variant situation, there are lots of antivaxxers out there doing their damnedest to keep this pandemic going and to help the virus mutate into something that would trap the Warriors in Aus.

Fingers crossed it is all go for next season.

Last edited:

gREVUS

Contributor
May 8, 2012
Till now I have been against the return home of our team without zero Covid.

By the start of the season New Zealand will be ready to host NRL games imho.

We have vaccine passports coming for this type of event. What better way to advertise the vaccine than to pack out Mt Smart with vaccinated Warrior fans?

The teams can take rapid antigen tests and stay in a bubble to keep the Govt happy if required.

At the rates the vaccine roll out is happening, there really should be no reason the Warriors cannot get special entry without fuss and permission to go into full training mode on arrival with their opposition enjoying the same.

The team would still be wise to stay in Aus a bit longer, due to the variant situation, there are lots of antivaxxers out there doing their damnedest to keep this pandemic going and to help the virus mutate into something that would trap the Warriors in Aus.

Fingers crossed it is all go for next season.
problem is then the warriors and staff, and staffs families will also all have to be in a bubble as well.

maybe they should move Mt Smart to the south island instead.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
problem is then the warriors and staff, and staffs families will also all have to be in a bubble as well.

maybe they should move Mt Smart to the south island instead.

longer term relocating as you say, will throw up some interesting curve balls depending on what the Govt is doing about travel between countries.

We can have some games here next year if the Warriors leave Whanau in Aus and come here like an away game hey.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
At the moment I think they are wise to stay with the plan to be based in Redcliffe.

There is a lot that can happen between now and the season starting. Vaccination rates increasing, travel restrictions may ease by then. But its still to much of a risk for them to come back to New Zealand and not be sure that things will be back to normal.

At the moment the best options would be to stay based over there and get games organised in New Zealand and fly back for them. Or do the original plan for 2021 and plan around the school terms. If things open up plan to come back the next term which should hopefully give the families time to organise schooling for their kids and the club to work out accommodation for the players that have joined since the club has been based in Australia.

Think things are getting closer and looking promising but its not at a point any planning can be done.

DavidMcKay1974

Warriors 1st Grader
Aug 28, 2013
Heyzeuss spare me!!!

Oh Bruce and here I thought you were mellowing in your old age, you sought have gone quiet in the covid thread, but you found other threads to go into to sprout your NEGATIVE views. Come on now it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Don't make me go into the Political thread lol.

Hopefully once we start hitting past the 90 percent mark, the Government will start opening up, and the Warriors can come home, just like the Breakers and the Phoenix.

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Return to Mt Smart? Bit of an after thought until the Govt finally gets the vac numbers up and has given time for covid to spread around the country.
Til then quarantine restrictions wont be relaxed until they know our health system can handle it..

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Or do the original plan for 2021 and plan around the school terms.
That's what I'd be sticking with.

Finding out now - if the Warriors don't already know - when the Aussie school term end-dates are and basically being up-front as of now: "Whatever happens, to lessen disruption to children and partners, the Warriors will not be returning to New Zealand any earlier than 1 April." Then if things don't improve by March 1 (or a month out from End of Term), it's Term 2 in Australia...

Partners are going to have to resign from jobs, withdraw kids from Aussie School 1, enrol them in Kiwi School 2 etc etc.

It ain't no quick "screw you guys, we're going home!" thing...

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Return to Mt Smart? Bit of an after thought until the Govt finally gets the vac numbers up and has given time for covid to spread around the country.
Til then quarantine restrictions wont be relaxed until they know our health system can handle it..

Looks like Vaccine Passports will be a thing before next season, so events like this for Auckland which is heading to ninety percent vaccinated are probably going to be a goer.

The Warriors would be a good chance to host a game here and there under the new border changes.

• Love
Reactions: bruce and gREVUS

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings