1. NZ
  2. NZ Maori
Awards/Honours
  1. Dally M (Positional Award)
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallin_Watene-Zelezniak

Read all the DWZ stuff with amused interest in the recruitment thread, wanted to comment but better off in here.

Not saying Dallin is Addo Carr class speed at all but i think even by NRL standards id rate him a fast winger (not just because of these highlights where he's mainly just finishing but from what ive seen in general). He's definitely the fastest winger the Warriors have had in several seasons imo......faster than Fusitua, Maumalo, Montoya.....in fact who was our last out n out speedster on the flank?

Usually the speed merchants are lacking in other areas. DWZ i rate as a good all round winger, good speed, great finisher, good in the air, starts sets off well enough......can come up with an error or 2 and can get exposed at times with a few defensive reads, but name me the winger that doesnt.

Also dont know who the poster was questioning Rocco Berry abilty to set Dallin up but good god from above here in all Dallins tries some of his touches and tip ons were absolutely top shelf!.......(and im not even sold on the Berrysiah!)

Interesting in seeing all Dallins tries from the clip above, we get a really great insight into how effective that attacking structure on the right edge was last season. From all the decoy runners and players in motion, to the timing and passing of CNK and Berry.

However at the heart of it all is our man Johnson. May have lost a yard of pace but his timing and vision of how far to take it to the line, when and where to pass and the ability to execute is just as lethal as ever. Reminds me of the 2018 season when Fusitua was the main beneficiary. Chuck in the top drawer kicking game and yeah he's almost irrepaceable.......really glad he signied on for another season.

Read all the DWZ stuff with amused interest in the recruitment thread, wanted to comment but better off in here.

Not saying Dallin is Addo Carr class speed at all but i think even by NRL standards id rate him a fast winger (not just because of these highlights where he's mainly just finishing but from what ive seen in general). He's definitely the fastest winger the Warriors have had in several seasons imo......faster than Fusitua, Maumalo, Montoya.....in fact who was our last out n out speedster on the flank?

Usually the speed merchants are lacking in other areas. DWZ i rate as a good all round winger, good speed, great finisher, good in the air, starts sets off well enough......can come up with an error or 2 and can get exposed at times with a few defensive reads, but name me the winger that doesnt.

Also dont know who the poster was questioning Rocco Berry abilty to set Dallin up but good god from above here in all Dallins tries some of his touches and tip ons were absolutely top shelf!.......(and im not even sold on the Berrysiah!)

Interesting in seeing all Dallins tries from the clip above, we get a really great insight into how effective that attacking structure on the right edge was last season. From all the decoy runners and players in motion, to the timing and passing of CNK and Berry.

However at the heart of it all is our man Johnson. May have lost a yard of pace but his timing and vision of how far to take it to the line, when and where to pass and the ability to execute is just as lethal as ever. Reminds me of the 2018 season when Fusi tua was the main beneficiary. Chuck in the top drawer kicking game and yeah he's almost irrepaceable.......really glad he signied on for another season.

For mine Dallin is in the conversation for best Warriors winger of all time.

The last speedster on the wing for the Warriors you say B & H? train spot time, we have not had many....

Still me train spotter gene off the top of my unreliable memory says....Kevin Locke was the last fast Winger.

Before that the teenage Manu.

Then Lee Oudenryn.

Before him Sean Hope (getting close to the slower power winger pace but hey he was not slow).

Dallin might be the best Warriors winger of all time.

If he turns in more seasons like this year then he will be.

He is a better defender than Manu, and he doesn't lose much to Manu in the kick return department. But Manu could win games single handed, therefore he is still probably number one....but like I say, if Dallin is knocking on the door, how many times do we see him catch a ball before the line and think that will be a try...no one is stopping him in the corner I do not care who it is...no one in the NRL has been able to stop him because of his acceleration off the mark.

Someone has scored 10 tries for 10 years straight.

Over their entire career scored two tries every 3 games.

No way is dwz best ever.
Not yet...but if you consider that someone let in ten trys a season then the conversation is more objective. Someone played in sides for ten years that made serious shakes for the finals less often than not.

Consider that had the Warriors released someone...he would not get a gig at the Melbourne Storm during their peak dominance as the best club of all time because someone does not meet their criteria of apex defenders in every position.

Someone was actually a target on every NRL clubs tip sheet for a chip in behind because someone turned like the Titanic...

Manu was a great winger but he can be beaten by the new age merely with better defence, DWZ is not perfect in defence but he is way better than left standing stuck in the mud Manu.

More time is needed to answer the debate....the conversation is still open.

For mine Dallin is in the conversation for best Warriors winger of all time.

The last speedster on the wing for the Warriors you say B & H? train spot time, we have not had many....

Still me train spotter gene off the top of my unreliable memory says....Kevin Locke was the last fast Winger.

Before that the teenage Manu.

Then Lee Oudenryn.

Before him Sean Hope (getting close to the slower power winger pace but hey he was not slow).

Dallin might be the best Warriors winger of all time.

If he turns in more seasons like this year then he will be.

He is a better defender than Manu, and he doesn't lose much to Manu in the kick return department. But Manu could win games single handed, therefore he is still probably number one....but like I say, if Dallin is knocking on the door, how many times do we see him catch a ball before the line and think that will be a try...no one is stopping him in the corner I do not care who it is...no one in the NRL has been able to stop him because of his acceleration off the mark.
Always thought Manu's speed at full flight was under rated.....it was up there. Problem was much like him turning it took him a while to reach it.

Tui Lolohea on the wing was the last out n out flier i can remember. The before him obviously the Fish who didnt kick on. Then before them the likes of Denan Kemp and Michael Crockett who apart from speed didnt have a lot else to their game.

I think another season like the last one and DWZ more than just makes that all time wing conversation.

Lee Oudenryn was the most immediate flyer I could recall and then I think Denan Kemp was supposed to be as well. But even though he wasn't ours, Martin Offiah was a bit of a speedster aye.

I like Dallin. Not because of his speed (whatever it is). Not because of his defensive misreads when he jams (whether right or wrong).

But for his commitment to take hard carries. And his ability to actually score the tries he did this season.

Always thought Manu's speed at full flight was under rated.....it was up there. Problem was much like him turning it took him a while to reach it.

Tui Lolohea on the wing was the last out n out flier i can remember. The before him obviously the Fish who didnt kick on. Then before them the likes of Denan Kemp and Michael Crockett who apart from speed didnt have a lot else to their game.

I think another season like the last one and DWZ more than just makes that all time wing conversation.
My memory does not include Tuimoala Lolohea as a flyer. Denan and Crockett though I do agree.