Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
A promising youngster is probably the angle

I’ve had the idea that if Gus and Ciraldo could con Karl Oloapu into going to the dumpster fire that is the Dogs…

The transfer fee the Dogs paid is no joke, but AFB is quite the bikkie

If Oloapu sees himself as a 13 long term like Gus does, he wouldn’t learn shit under what the Dogs have, but Tohu??

His back issue sounds pretty serious, but just throwing a name out there
IMG_1026.jpeg

How's this for a scenario.
Luai to the Tigers,
Klemmer and Galvin to Panthers,
Blake to Panthers and Fisher Harris to the Warriors.
Panthers can then flog Klemmer off if they don't need him
Starting to wonder if JFH is a possibility in 2025. His instagram page shows him home in the last couple of weeks, probably just to catch up with his family but he’s done pretty much all there is to do at panthers. Proud Kiwi so you never know.

I reckon I’ve cracked the code- hear me out.
So what do our three big recruits for next year have in common? Rts, cht, capewell… they’re all good looking roosters- handsom af.
Last year tmm, the year before Sj, Reece Walsh….
We’re obviously recruiting to a plan here so based on that our number one middle forward target without a doubt must be… corey horsborough.

So what do our three big recruits for next year have in common? Rts, cht, capewell… they’re all good looking roosters- handsom af.
We’re obviously recruiting to a plan here so based on that our number one middle forward target without a doubt must be… corey horsborough.
RTS, CHT , Capewell, SJ, Walsh.......And,.....Horsborough? ...... Hmmmmm

I see what you done their Cabo (Caboolture) is sort of in NZ that many bloody Kiwis here haha

I guess time will tell with the Capewell thing. A successful team needs a good leadership group......he fits that bill i suppose.

For mine tho doesnt address the imminent AFB departure and the chasm that will leave, and i do a get a bit of Ryan Hoffman vibes about him.....hopefully he has a bit more impact on an edge than Hoffman did......who knows, if he signs tho ill be all in.

To be fair, how good would signing Horse be. Can’t we send some local girl over there to get knocked up by him. A reverse Reece Walsh situation.

Starting to wonder if JFH is a possibility in 2025. His instagram page shows him home in the last couple of weeks, probably just to catch up with his family but he’s done pretty much all there is to do at panthers. Proud Kiwi so you never know.
It’s one that u really don’t wanna throw out there because it just sounds too good to be true but he’s probably a more realistic option than most because he does strike me as the type who would want to move back to nz one day- maybe wants to bring his kids up there with their cousins…. Parents/ grandparents couldn’t be getting any younger etc…
He’s already done everything in the game- 3 premierships, odds on for the golden boot, kiwi captain…
How much does he like the captaincy role? Yeo will pass it on to cleary- tohu would hand it to him…
We could offer a pay rise.
Would Penrith release him? Well I can’t see Cleary being spiteful considering everything he’s done for the club and his relationship with Webby.
Really it’s no different to the situation we’re in with afb and getting afb in return would go some way to softening the blow.

Well as a wise man once told me- dreams are free :)

Back