Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Getting Capewell and losing Sironen and Curren is a win for us, certainly for the next couple years. The guy is known winner, is talked up everywhere he has played, and offers a point of difference to our second rowers. Ford and Niuokre are not great ball players, run first sort of guys who get cut out of any going wide plays. Capewell is more skillfull and can unlock his centre, Farnworth has been very well fed the past coupe of years and he's a big reason. Him and RTS together will be be really dangerous. Has an offload too. He is 31 next July, so you have to think there is plenty of life left in him. He will help fill the experience/leadership gap AFB will leave for sure.

Nuiokre hopefully will be moving to prop. Certainly has the frame and mongrel for it.

Capture.JPG
Which one of you did this? :LOL:

I'm old enough to remember DWZ getting run down by the Broncos in the preliminary final a few weeks ago

Oh wait

#MyTruthIsNotYourTruth #MyRealityIsNotTheSameAsYourReality #DontTrustYourEyes

Yoww thats what i mean. Hes fuckn fast. Dudes a speedster. I think people look at Ado-Carr and the Hammer and go "DWZ is just slow" ayyyyyye???? DWZ is fast my co. Hes also the best strike winger weve had since Manu.

The same was said about Montoya and DWZ.

No it wasn't. Who said that? Was this an apples and oranges only conversation or could any fruit join in?

Both Panthers and Dogs fans said DWZ could do something brilliant followed by something dumb 5 minutes later.

Montoya was a bargain buy to fill a gap at little cost. He came with no expectations.

More importantly, nobody was calling them the new anything.

Meanwhile since signing for us, CHT has been suggested as a possible first choice half, a hooker, even centre, the new Dylan Walker, the new Tohu Harris, and now the new Lance Hohaia despite not having anywhere near the skillset of those players.

Hope he does well under Webby, but if he does it won't be emulating guys with entirely different skillsets and strengths.

If we get Capewell. Its a HUGE signing, we have young bucks coming through. Have a feeling Zyon Maiu’u and Ale gonna get some important minutes in the middle for 2024. But having a winner like Capewell means we are all in for the Title. I honestly believe the moves are being made to take us to another level 👀. With Capewell helping build the right culture for the likes of Zyon Maiu’u, Laban, Sifakula, Ali, Ale. Updawahs!!!

DWZ is fast compared to guy on the street. He is at best average for a NRL outside back. Gets run down from behind when he makes a break
I would take DWZ's "fastest guy on the street" speed any day of the week, as long as he keeps making those head down runs off our 20-meter line.
Only concern I have with him are some his defensive reads, which I hope is a major focus for webby this pre-season.

Union Exemption/Lodge $ = RTS??
Siro and Williame $ = Capewell
Curran $ = CHT + top up ?Berry/Metcalf etc
AFB $ = ?? 2 props or 1 each of prop/2nd rower at $700K & $400K each or add 1 of Volkman/Metcalf for 2 $600-700K forwards (or $800+ forward & 500K+ forward)??

Thoughts? AFB is a trader's dream because we can use him to demand an immediate release of the other team's player(s) if we're letting him go for 2024. I'm still very nervous having one of our trump cards/leaders with his head thinking about 2025

Yoww thats what i mean. Hes fuckn fast. Dudes a speedster. I think people look at Ado-Carr and the Hammer and go "DWZ is just slow" ayyyyyye???? DWZ is fast my co. Hes also the best strike winger weve had since Manu.
If we use our teams properly we just need to put DWZ in the right spot and he'll score 20 odd tries.

We didn't do much long range tries but Metcalf might be our best long ranger.

Back