Social A Weighty Issue

Just an update...seriously...

I have been on Jenny Craig for 3 years. I lost 12 kg which is great but it wasn't easy. More like a starvation diet which I am told is not good for the heart.

Anyway.. Jenny Craig went broke so I lost my reliable supply of carefully measured food..

Everything I looked for at the supermarket had too many calories per serving.
I just wanted to know how to go shopping.

So I asked my doctor for help who put me on to this (expensive) nutritionist.
She was really impressive. Jenny Craig were just glorified sales people working to a one size fits all script, yet everybody is different.

This nutritionist has started me peeling off the weight already. All I wanted to do was to stop putting it on.

Happy days so far.

No way on olive oil and avocado
Why do you mention those two
I was only speaking as a weight watcher
If you are watching your weight or have heart issues they are a no no.
Otherwise avocados are full of nutrient and olive oil is a healthy cold oil, so is avocado oil.
They are unsaturated fats as opposed to saturated.
Avocados are ok as a replacement for butter though.

Ok as a weight gain issue take your point

Bit like raw nuts

Raw nuts avocado olive oil are all super foods

I have raw nuts and oats for breakfast every day. I reckon the nuts say a handful make your weight stable as long as you don’t indulge eating crap drinking alcohol etc

some Bullshit foods

Diet Coke
Subway
Indian food
KFC
Maccas Battered fries
olive oil
avocado
What's the story with Indian food? I was under the impression it's pretty healthy. Got a few health issues but won't know any more until after the endoscopy on the 10th Oct so (aside from going off track today) am keen to know about anything foody.

What's the story with Indian food? I was under the impression it's pretty healthy. Got a few health issues but won't know any more until after the endoscopy on the 10th Oct so (aside from going off track today) am keen to know about anything foody.
There is nothing wrong with Indian food per se, they are pretty skinny people.
However their tolerance for chillies is like Thai people, and way in excess of us Europeans.
So they add a lot of sugar to balance the chillies, just for us guys.
So Indian takeaways in western countries are full of ghee and sugar. Fat and sugar are a real bad combination.
Thai food is the same, in western countries.
It is so full of sugar it is all I can taste after having eaten the real thing in Asia.

Bruce
That’s news for me on the Thai food- thx
What about Chinese- same?
Chinese and Thai foods are full of mono sodium glutamate. Just read sodium, is is a toxic substance, the same as table salt, sodium chloride.

The problem I have with Chinese food is the amount of white rice, which is as bad as white bread. Especially fried rice.

Asian people can cope with it because it has been their staple dish for over 5000 years.

The reason they get rid of all the protein in the husk is cooking time. If you are burning wood you don't want to have to burn three times as much.

Brown rice is much healthier, but Asians hate it.

Reactions: kos
Just an update...seriously...

I have been on Jenny Craig for 3 years. I lost 12 kg which is great but it wasn't easy. More like a starvation diet which I am told is not good for the heart.

Anyway.. Jenny Craig went broke so I lost my reliable supply of carefully measured food..

Everything I looked for at the supermarket had too many calories per serving.
I just wanted to know how to go shopping.

So I asked my doctor for help who put me on to this (expensive) nutritionist.
She was really impressive. Jenny Craig were just glorified sales people working to a one size fits all script, yet everybody is different.

This nutritionist has started me peeling off the weight already. All I wanted to do was to stop putting it on.

Happy days so far.
Amazing Bruce, can you give us a rundown on the nutritionist's advice sometime, for us plebs who can't afford one

Chinese and Thai foods are full of mono sodium glutamate. Just read sodium, is is a toxic substance, the same as table salt, sodium chloride.

The problem I have with Chinese food is the amount of white rice, which is as bad as white bread. Especially fried rice.

Asian people can cope with it because it has been their staple dish for over 5000 years.

The reason they get rid of all the protein in the husk is cooking time. If you are burning wood you don't want to have to burn three times as much.

Brown rice is much healthier, but Asians hate it.
Bro, this is actual bs. Not sure whose koolaid you have been drinking.

I agree re white rice, it's not good for you. Brown rice is much better
Brown rice is more nutritious but doesn't mean white rice is unhealthy. It's like saying potato is unhealthy. It's got nutrients but if you deep fry it is unhealthy.

Half the world eats white rice as a staple every day food. Are those the countries that have a massive obesity rate?

Back