General Where are you watching the Prelim?

Full guide of where to watch the big game​

Richard Becht

Almost 100 watch parties across the country will give fans the chance to make a night of it backing the One New Zealand Warriors in their blockbuster NRL preliminary final against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night (9.50pm kick-off NZT).

Supporters will be able to gather in venues for live coverage of the One New Zealand Warriors’ biggest match in 12 years on the Sky Sport and Sky Sport Now platforms.

Among the watch parties will be a special one in the Go Media Stadium precinct at Lilyworld situated behind the West Stand.

“It’s been terrific having the support of our commercial partner Lion Breweries in setting up dozens of watch parties for the third week running as our final campaign goes on,” said One New Zealand Warriors CEO Cameron George.

“The level of support for the team has been unbelievable all season and has gone to another level in the finals.

“The players really feel the love and the passion. It means so much to them.

“We’d urge as many people as possible get along to a watch party or put on a party at home and make a night of it. The boys will be out to do all they can to make everyone proud.”

Where to watch | One New Zealand Warriors v Brisbane​

Television coverage​

Sky Sport 4
Sky Sport Now

Watch parties​

Northland/Waiheke Island
Awanui Hotel
Bank Bar
Waipapakauri Hotel
Pioneer Bar
Homestead Bar
Matauri Bay Café
Pukenui Pacific
Taipa Tavern
Far North RSA
Opononi Hotel
Kensington Tavern
Matakana Pub
Mangawhai Tavern
Bridgehouse Lodge
Warkworth Inn
Salty Dog
Charlie Farley’s

Auckland
Lilyworld, Go Media Stadium
Wynyard Pavilion
Pat’s Garage
Northcote Tavern
Wairau Sports Bar
Northern Union
Shoreward
Innfield
The Paddington
Good Home Mt Eden
Good Home Onehunga
Good Home Howick
Good Home Birkenhead
Birkenhead RSA
Grey Lynn RSC
Morningside Tavern
Occidental
The Albion Hotel
Little District/Cleaver & Co
The Alex Bar & Eatery
De Post, The Alex Bar & Eatery
Good Home Takanini
Howick Club
Mangere Bridge Tavern
Franklin Club
Tuakau Club
Barrel Inn Howick
Pukekohe Club
Waiuku Club
Franklin’s Bar
Counties Inn
Muddy Waters
Pokeno Sports Bar
Danny Brothers Ellerslie
Botany Commons
Vantage Bar
Papakura Tavern
The Stables

Hamilton/Bay of Plenty
Te Rapa Tavern
Freeport with Cleaver
Good Home Papamoa
The Flying Mullet

Taupo
Pub n Grub

Gisborne
The Rivers

Napier
Ale House

Havelock
Diva

Te Awamutu
Stallions

New Plymouth
Good Home

Hawera
Hawera WMC

Manawatu
Rosie O’Grady’s, Palmerston North
Muray Irish Bar, Feilding
Merrylees Hotel, Dannevirke
Speight’s Ale House, Palmerston North
Cossie Club, Palmerston North

Wellington region
Sandbar, Mana
Boundary Tap & Kitchen, Raumati South

Wellington
Bond Sports Bar
Four Kings
Upper Hutt Cossie Club
Petone Workingmen’s Club
Speight’s Ale House Petone
Lone Star Petone
Backbencher
D4
Mishmosh Bar
Cutlers
Shepherds’ Arms Hotel
The Tote, Upper Hutt

Marlborough
Woodbourne Tavern, Blenheim

Nelson
New St Steakhouse
Turf Hotel
Speight’s Ale House

West Coast
Speight’s Ale House, Greymouth
Union Hotel, Greymouth
Australasian Hotel, Greymouth
Denniston Dog, Westport
Stumpers, Hokitika
Railway Hotel, Hokitika
Landing Bar, Franz Josef
Heartland Hotel, Fox Glacier

Christchurch
The Halswell
Schroeder’s Tavern
The Church Pub
Bill’s Bar
Famous Grouse

Full guide of where to watch the big game​

Richard Becht

Almost 100 watch parties across the country will give fans the chance to make a night of it backing the One New Zealand Warriors in their blockbuster NRL preliminary final against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Saturday night (9.50pm kick-off NZT).

Supporters will be able to gather in venues for live coverage of the One New Zealand Warriors’ biggest match in 12 years on the Sky Sport and Sky Sport Now platforms.

Among the watch parties will be a special one in the Go Media Stadium precinct at Lilyworld situated behind the West Stand.

“It’s been terrific having the support of our commercial partner Lion Breweries in setting up dozens of watch parties for the third week running as our final campaign goes on,” said One New Zealand Warriors CEO Cameron George.

“The level of support for the team has been unbelievable all season and has gone to another level in the finals.

“The players really feel the love and the passion. It means so much to them.

“We’d urge as many people as possible get along to a watch party or put on a party at home and make a night of it. The boys will be out to do all they can to make everyone proud.”

Where to watch | One New Zealand Warriors v Brisbane​

Television coverage​

Sky Sport 4
Sky Sport Now

Watch parties​

Northland/Waiheke Island
Awanui Hotel
Bank Bar
Waipapakauri Hotel
Pioneer Bar
Homestead Bar
Matauri Bay Café
Pukenui Pacific
Taipa Tavern
Far North RSA
Opononi Hotel
Kensington Tavern
Matakana Pub
Mangawhai Tavern
Bridgehouse Lodge
Warkworth Inn
Salty Dog
Charlie Farley’s

Auckland
Lilyworld, Go Media Stadium
Wynyard Pavilion
Pat’s Garage
Northcote Tavern
Wairau Sports Bar
Northern Union
Shoreward
Innfield
The Paddington
Good Home Mt Eden
Good Home Onehunga
Good Home Howick
Good Home Birkenhead
Birkenhead RSA
Grey Lynn RSC
Morningside Tavern
Occidental
The Albion Hotel
Little District/Cleaver & Co
The Alex Bar & Eatery
De Post, The Alex Bar & Eatery
Good Home Takanini
Howick Club
Mangere Bridge Tavern
Franklin Club
Tuakau Club
Barrel Inn Howick
Pukekohe Club
Waiuku Club
Franklin’s Bar
Counties Inn
Muddy Waters
Pokeno Sports Bar
Danny Brothers Ellerslie
Botany Commons
Vantage Bar
Papakura Tavern
The Stables

Hamilton/Bay of Plenty
Te Rapa Tavern
Freeport with Cleaver
Good Home Papamoa
The Flying Mullet

Taupo
Pub n Grub

Gisborne
The Rivers

Napier
Ale House

Havelock
Diva

Te Awamutu
Stallions

New Plymouth
Good Home

Hawera
Hawera WMC

Manawatu
Rosie O’Grady’s, Palmerston North
Muray Irish Bar, Feilding
Merrylees Hotel, Dannevirke
Speight’s Ale House, Palmerston North
Cossie Club, Palmerston North

Wellington region
Sandbar, Mana
Boundary Tap & Kitchen, Raumati South

Wellington
Bond Sports Bar
Four Kings
Upper Hutt Cossie Club
Petone Workingmen’s Club
Speight’s Ale House Petone
Lone Star Petone
Backbencher
D4
Mishmosh Bar
Cutlers
Shepherds’ Arms Hotel
The Tote, Upper Hutt

Marlborough
Woodbourne Tavern, Blenheim

Nelson
New St Steakhouse
Turf Hotel
Speight’s Ale House

West Coast
Speight’s Ale House, Greymouth
Union Hotel, Greymouth
Australasian Hotel, Greymouth
Denniston Dog, Westport
Stumpers, Hokitika
Railway Hotel, Hokitika
Landing Bar, Franz Josef
Heartland Hotel, Fox Glacier

Christchurch
The Halswell
Schroeder’s Tavern
The Church Pub
Bill’s Bar
Famous Grouse

Let’s play bingo, how many pubs have you had a drink at?

Looks like Lilyworld for me. Big screen, capacity, and surely club legends and even players gonna watch from there. Anyone know if there is parking right next to to?

While good for the live crowd I haven’t liked these 6pm kickoffs, kid wants to play before bed and doesn’t understand why dad is hiding in the office “your not working” “no son, this is more important than work”

late is better for getting out to the pub, but I hate being around pissed people when sober - it’s a toss up between having some atmosphere vs being able to concentrate on the game

While good for the live crowd I haven’t liked these 6pm kickoffs, kid wants to play before bed and doesn’t understand why dad is hiding in the office “your not working” “no son, this is more important than work”

late is better for getting out to the pub, but I hate being around pissed people when sober - it’s a toss up between having some atmosphere vs being able to concentrate on the game
For the same reason, I really like watching the 8pm Friday (away) games and the 730pm Saturday (away) games at home. Later than 9pm pisses me off though.

I am suprised by how many people can watch at home lol. I’m a loud extrovert - if I watch at home I have to keep quiet and this literally gives me headaches. At a pub or especially the game I get to let the sound out lol and I feel better. I also have 2 under 4 years so my wife would kill me if I woke them with my screaming (have tried not to do so but it’s bloody impossible)

I am suprised by how many people can watch at home lol. I’m a loud extrovert - if I watch at home I have to keep quiet and this literally gives me headaches. At a pub or especially the game I get to let the sound out lol and I feel better. I also have 2 under 4 years so my wife would kill me if I woke them with my screaming (have tried not to do so but it’s bloody impossible)
I'm the opposite - I like watching at home because half the absolute filth I spout would not be suitable for a public environment.

I'll be down in Wellington, and I'm meant to be going to a gig but might have to give that a miss, I think the timing is going to clash.

I imagine the sports bars will be full of bandwagoners, so it might be a bit of a mission finding somewhere to watch. There used to be a crew of Warriors supporters at the Bristol Bar on Cuba Mall every weekend no matter how badly the team was doing. I'd pop in there during the years when I didn't have access to the game at home.

Edit: thinking about it, I think the last game I watched in Wellington was the comeback in the rain vs Sharks. I walked around for ages trying to find a bar with the game on. Finally found one on Courtenay that had the game on (but no sound). I'm pretty sure I was the only person watching that game and I'm so glad I stuck around, almost left at half time to join some mates at a pub quiz, but felt like a comeback might have been on the cards!

Back