Rumour Rene Ranger and Dogs player

With the salary cap people are kidding themselves if they think we're going to get a superstar to partner Johnson. Well you could, but you better be prepared to have a shit forward pack to afford them. Its a luxury teams cant afford (well the ones that play by the rules anyway) in this day and age.
Not really fans of them but if Keating and TL can be solid at best, then that'll complement Shaun Johnson quite nicely. Godinet/Johnson together? No thanks.
plus you don't need two gun halves to win the comp. just look at Melbourne, they've never had two gun halves - at least not since I started watching the NRL in 2004.

1, 7 & 9. Strong there and you go a long way. We're almost there with those 3. Shaun Johnson and KL will be awesome for us, we just need to pick up a younger version of Friend - or better still a younger version of Smith!

Reactions: 1 user
Never mind keating he sucks If I had to pick a off contract dogs player it would be David stagg. Dude replaces luck at 13 with his defensive ability and has got a decent attacking game as well it not great but can provide options also great utility value as well could play 6, center and anywhere in the back row if we got struck with injury in game. This is the guy I would be throwing my money at for any off contract dogs hand made replacement for luck

Can't see the sense in another superstar half at all - anyone we sign should just be a solid caretaker in the position while young Tuimavave hones his game. Wouldn't ever have thought that we'd look to anyone else for a long term option; that kid's got the goods in my opinion.

Out of those 4 id only consider Eastwood. There is no way we should get Keating, waste of money, already got plenty of hookers/halves, and ours are much better than him. Halatau has had has time and wright is who ??? we have neilsen and hurrell with the ctr spots sewn up.

Who else of any note is off contract with any club at the end of 2012 ???

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Thomas Leuluai and Kris Keating LOL....Holy Moly. we may aswell get Shane Endacott and Grant Rovelli back

Grant Rovelli played a game on saturday I think were he kicked the ball on the last and it ended up behind him.......*LMAO*

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, Ranger ant coming to the Warriors next season?

*sigh

(damn everytime this thread pops up I hold my breath!)

Reactions: 2 users
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, Ranger ant coming to the Warriors next season?

*sigh

(damn everytime this thread pops up I hold my breath!)
Clearly you have not heard the news. He is in trouble. Knocked a guy out then stomped on his head while he was out on the ground. We don't want that in the club.

Clearly you have not heard the news. He is in trouble. Knocked a guy out then stomped on his head while he was out on the ground. We don't want that in the club.

So in other words hes got some mongrel in him? That would be great attitude on D. :p

no we dont need that.

Ranger Just got charged with assault still as a few issues but we need a player like ranger.cant be getting much money at northland so I think he will jump at 250k a season,deffenitly built like a league player hope he signs soon

So we're appalled by the idea of Metcalf but we'll jump for joy at Ranger?

Not talking league skill or ability here, obviously....

Not everyone was appalled by Metcalf, just like not everyone is jumping for joy about Ranger.

Plus, both cases are very very different. Metcalf kicked his pregnant mrs, Rene smacked someone. There must be a tonne of people on this forum that have given someone a hiding. I doubt many kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach.

Reactions: 2 users

Danpatmac

Hell you can't even begin to compare an organised attack to make a girl miscarry to a guy getting pissed and smacking someone can you?

Well, you can.

Remove the emotive, reactionary stuff and what you have is a human being attempting to cause greivous injury to another human being.
If Ranger had allegedly done the same to a woman then there would be an uproar, so what is the difference?

A person is a person and should be valued equally, whether male, female or infant and to judge them differently is, in my humble opinion, flawed.

Now when you add the context, you start to make a differentiation between the events, but in essence both men have commited violent acts in order to cause harm.... allegedly.

Well, you can.

Remove the emotive, reactionary stuff and what you have is a human being attempting to cause greivous injury to another human being.
If Ranger had allegedly done the same to a woman then there would be an uproar, so what is the difference?

A person is a person and should be valued equally, whether male, female or infant and to judge them differently is, in my humble opinion, flawed.

Now when you add the context, you start to make a differentiation between the events, but in essence both men have commited violent acts in order to cause harm.... allegedly.

True but wrong.

So if a Silver Fern had smacked someone to the same level Ranger's alleged to have done, if an ex-girlfriend of Metcalf's had carried out an organised attack to Metcalf's current girlfriend miscarry you'd look on those differently?

And the fact that they were pissed is irrelevant if the accused did infact do the deed.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Well, you can.

The difference is pre-meditated murder (attempted) versus assault. I'm not going to cotton wool what Ranger has done, but the two crimes are on such different magnitudes they aren't comparable.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok knocking a guy down if he tries grabbing you. But to then stomp on his head, which I think he is accused of, thats just fuked up.

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
So if a Silver Fern had smacked someone to the same level Ranger's alleged to have done, if an ex-girlfriend of Metcalf's had carried out an organised attack to Metcalf's current girlfriend miscarry you'd look on those differently?

And the fact that they were pissed is irrelevant if the accused did infact do the deed.

I'm not quite sure what your point is, but I would look at the Silver Fern and Rangers cases the same and the ex-girlfriend and Metcalf's cases the same. Actually, I'd probably look more harshly on Metcalf as he was the father of the child (and partner of the woman) so there would be trust barriers he's violated.