Rumour Rene Ranger and Dogs player

You don't get my point, well you answer it in your own post. "They either reach a mutual agreement... or they go their seperate ways??" Let me explain that to you, an agent comes in and says my player is worth $xxx k, the club says, we feel he is worth $yyy k, now they negotiate till the club reaches the maximum amount they are prepared to pay or the least amount it takes to secure the player. Now I don't know how much negotiating you have done in your life but if you go into it by saying I have $100k I am willing to spend to buy that house but I will offer you $50k the first thing the sales person will say is , it costs $150k, because they know that you are already willing to spend more. You then negotiate till chances are you get to $100k. However if you go in and say we intend to spend $50k and have little chance of movement you then potentially have the chance to sign a contract for less as the sales person thinks any increase is good and getting you to say $80k is a great outcome as they were willing to sell it for $70k. Whether it is a house, car,tv or player the point for the buyer is the BEST product for the least money.

except my answer was way shorter and less patronizing I didnt get your point in reference to this thread, or spending Owen Glenns millions in cyberspace ,my point is all parties involved have more experience in player negotioation than you or I will ever have Im sure they could sort it with their eyes closed and the market will dictate rangers value. At the end of the day if we want players they cost money, this thread was about Ranger coming over to league maybe soon no idea how much he'd cost

I still reckon the Tigers should look at him on their wing both Lote and Utai are getting on a bit.

Who on here is saying that Ranger would cost $500k!!?!?! Everyone who wants Ranger on this board has said that he should buy him. You said not to essentially in the posts, it's called inferring.

We weren't buying SBW for close to $500k, we've pretty much never cracked $500k. I think The Beast has cost to most this club has ever forked out.

If you think you aren't inferring everything that has been said, just look at the posts by Moz, Magic Stick, OMG and myself. Maybe you don't mean to, but your posts say don't buy, he'll cost too much.
Settle down, have a cup of tea and a lie down. At the moment you aren't buying SBW or Ranger for $500k or $200k. I never mentioned Ranger in my early posts, simply that just because the Warriors have access to large amounts of money doesn't mean they will spend large amounts. I didn't think what I posted was so hard to understand but you seem to be struggling. The "for example" before the $500k was a number used to give a figure to base my point around, would you have been as confused if I said $ 1 million. Hell where did you get the $200-250k figure you used in regards to a wage for Ranger, from being part of a meeting or simply as a number to back up your arguement. Please highlight my posts that say don't sign Ranger.

except my answer was way shorter and less patronizing I didnt get your point in reference to this thread, or spending Owen Glenns millions in cyberspace ,my point is all parties involved have more experience in player negotioation than you or I will ever have Im sure they could sort it with their eyes closed and the market will dictate rangers value.

I still reckon the Tigers should look at him on their wing both Lote and Utai are getting on a bit.
Ok so i'm patronising, my point in reference to this thread if you go back at post #48 and look is Magic Sticks statement that $$$ shouldn't be an issue with Owen Glenn on the board. My point again, just because you have money doesn't mean you spend all of it, some how between that and here Tyrael has decided I said don't sign Ranger he will cost too much.

My point again, just because you have money doesn't mean you spend all of it.

And your point is zilch...like a dissapointing fart that you thought was gona have enough power to blow up a small town. but amounted to nothing

Glenn is on board to spend money.End of story

And your point is zilch...like a dissapointing fart that you thought was gona have enough power to blow up a small town. but amounted to nothing

Glenn is on board to spend money.End of story
Can't argue with such a well thought out and succinctly put statement as that, obviously when it comes to a extensive knowledge on farts and their uses you are in a league I can only dream of reaching.

Reactions: charlie bobmarley

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
It has been said Eric spends a million a year to keep us a float, there certainly is no profits to be made unless your News limited

Thats right we had Russell Crow on the radio talking a bout souths and he said you don't make money from buying in to a rugby league club and if you do the NRL will INVESTIGATE

Not a discussion I was going to enter into, but looks like I am now.

Owen Glenn said when buying into the club that he wasn't in it to make money, but to build the game. He also said he was going to massively increase spending on development of the game and of the club.

On the topic of how much the club should spend on players, I believe since the salary cap is supplied by the NRL, it should only be used for Player wages. Any left over salary cap should be returned to the NRL. It should not be used, as the Warriors have done in the past, to top up shortfalls in the running of the club. I think the club should be spending most of the cap, not hoarding it. That way we are less likely to be in situations where we are short on cover for certain positions.

I personally prefer the club to be putting more faith in the players they are trying to develop through the juniors rather than giving big contracts to players to get them to switch codes. They are a bit of an unknown quantity and it would be unfortunate to discover that, even though they looked perfect for league, they can't make the switch easily after putting 750K - 1mil up to lure them over. But thats just a personal preference.

surfin surfin I just wasted several minutes of my life reading this ;)
As an outsider looking this is how I saw it.

1. Everyone agrees that we have enough money to buy Ranger, right?
2. 250k (or round about) would be the maximum amount to spend, right?
3. Surfin is saying that just because we have enough to spend doesn't mean we have to.
4. Twig, Moz and OMG took that to mean you think we shouldn't spend it on Ranger.
5. Tyrael makes a good point, saying that your posts seemed as if you were implying we shouldn't sign Ranger (I thought so too).
6. By the looks of things you didn't, meaning this was all just a big misunderstanding. :)

Now its time to kiss, make up and support the Mighty Warriors, dag nabbit!

Reactions: fizurg and BHP
Money isn't the most important issue with any approach to Ranger. At the moment he has a court case and an assault charge with most details suppressed hanging over his head - from what I gather, the assault was a lot more than a bit of push and shove and a twack in the head, so it'd be madness to sign him up until that has been settled one way or the other. Obviously the powers that be can chat to the bloke as much as they want, but there won't be a signature until the case is behind him.

Mixmasterreece

Heritage Member
*Retracted*

Probably shouldnt post the name as Im not sure of the details at this stage, however I am aware of discussions.

And I'm hopeful that the signing doesn't occur.

Danpatmac

*Retracted*

Probably shouldnt post the name as Im not sure of the details at this stage, however I am aware of discussions.

And I'm hopeful that the signing doesn't occur.

I would imagine it is one of:

Halatau - Brown is a younger, better version and would've been cheaper I imagine.
Keating - No thanks.
Eastwood - Yes please.
Wright - No thanks.

It's Keating from what I've seen around the place, which I think is absolutely stupid. Mara has shown he's a good hooker back up, TL will be 6 and I'd rate Godinet over Keating aswell.

I would say we are down a winger and a forward for next season.

Why are we after Keating? what gap is he filling? do the Vulcans need another hooker/half? out of the 4 that danpatmac named he is the one I least want