Rumour Rene Ranger and Dogs player

You can't only rely on the juniors but I'd rather we give them a crack. Some positions we need to buy players like at centre and hooker where we haven't had the really good juniors come through. Wing is a position I think we have the players that could eventually be NRL quality. I would really like to see Glen on the wing with Omar putting on pressure for his spot.

The only time Fish has done anything good was when he played FB last year. This year he's had a few goes and hasn't even had one amazing play. He is not a winger.

Bluey should just give Omar a go and buy Ranger anyways ;)

I think he would only be on the wing to start with. Like you said Nielson was just signed.

Again I would probably agree that Ranger would cost around $200k but I think that is a good price to pay. I don't think you can only rely on growth from juniors. I think Fish just isn't up to NRL. Omar has potential and I would like to see him get a go.

If we could get him for 200k, i could live with that....but i think Ranger would laugh at that offer to be honest.

Sadly i agree with you about Fish, he isn't an NRL level fullback, or an NRL level anything at the moment. The only hope i see for him is spending a good chunk of time in the centers
for the Vulcans.....it'll either toughen him up, or confirm what unfortunately he's been showing up to now...that he's soft mentally and physically.

Wouldn't you rather pay a fortune on someone who is a proven NRL player not a slightly above average union player?

And it doesn't matter how much extra funds we have with Glenn on board. Salary cap will put a lid on how much he can spend anyway.

I dont know if he will cost a fortune? but surely we will struggle to use our cap up, unless we have a massive signing waiting in the wings, I dont care if he signs with another club if we dont take him, just always felt he was playing the wrong code and have always wanted to see him run in the NRL, I believe he will rip shit up big time in this comp,realise his potential If not for us, for someone else.

* and this guy would eat fish for dinner bones n'all
** watching Tigers seeing how slow old Lote is getting they could do worse than sign the big fella for their flank

Ahh this discussion again, it warms me heart that a possibility of Ranger coming over to a sport that better suits his style still flickers.

Reactions: Moz
Some people need to realise that just because Glenn has money, does not mean we can pay any wages we like.

Have you not heard of a salary cap!!

Ranger would be good signing, but who would we drop?

Some people need to realise that just because Glenn has money, does not mean we can pay any wages we like.

Have you not heard of a salary cap!!

Ranger would be good signing, but who would we drop?

Lewis Brown

Krisnan Inu
Ukuma Ta'ai
James Maloney

You also know we haven't reached out cap even without offloading those players

How do you know what it will cost....$$$ shouldnt be a issue with Glenn on board
Just wondering if you spend your own money as freely as your willing to spend Owens? Just because there is two wealthy owners of the club doesn't mean a bottomless pit for salaries, fortunately several other posters here realise that maybe you need to as well.

would think they want to spend upto the cap, if players are available to sign up, isnt that what most clubs use as their budget guidline?

My experience in business is EVERYBODY wants the absolute most for the least amount of money, how do you think Eric and Owen got rich in the first place.

Just wondering if you spend your own money as freely as your willing to spend Owens? Just because there is two wealthy owners of the club doesn't mean a bottomless pit for salaries, fortunately several other posters here realise that maybe you need to as well.

LOL the salary cap will be increasing..And why do you think Glenn wanted in on the Warriors. he likely wont make much $$$ if any at all...but i bet he wants to spend on players to try win the clubs first premiership

My experience in business is EVERYBODY wants the absolute most for the least amount of money, how do you think Eric and Owen got rich in the first place.

If you think Owen bought into the club because he could make a tidy profit you need to have a good rethink.

LOL the salary cap will be increasing..And why do you think Glenn wanted in on the Warriors. he likely wont make much $$$ if any at all...but i bet he wants to spend on players to try win the clubs first premiership
Your right Glenn bought into the club to spend money.

If you think Owen bought into the club because he could make a tidy profit you need to have a good rethink.
Where in my post do you think I said he bought into it to make a profit, I doubt making money was the reason, however if you think he did it simply to pour money into it because he's rich is foolish. The team with the salary bill closest to the cap is not guaranteed to be the premiers.

It has been said Eric spends a million a year to keep us a float, there certainly is no profits to be made unless your News limited

Where in my post do you think I said he bought into it to make a profit, I doubt making money was the reason, however if you think he did it simply to pour money into it because he's rich is foolish. The team with the salary bill closest to the cap is not guaranteed to be the premiers.

We've made one buy with Glenn on board and you've already said pull the brakes. Seriously. Ranger is a great buy if we can get him for $200-250k

I dont get your point thats all clubs issue to sign players for the least amount possible as it is the agents job to secure players the highest amount possible, they either reach a mutual agreement during negotiations or they go their seperate ways ???

I sincerely doubt we will spend the cap anyways as we will struggle to import players always, personally think Ranger is worth the money and the perceived risk

We've made one buy with Glenn on board and you've already said pull the brakes. Seriously. Ranger is a great buy if we can get him for $200-250k
Again where have I said don't buy Ranger or any player for that matter, feel free to go back and read everything I've ever posted, I was merely making the point that just because the Warriors have a group of backers with a strong financial position, does not mean they will spend outrageous amounts of money to sign any player. To make it simple for those that I confused you have stated Ranger is a great buy at $200-250k, my point is just because Watson and Glenn would possibly be in a position to pay for example $500k for him is he still a great buy or do you spend the money on 2 or 3 other players that would cost that but not be ex ABs or whatever. Now to quote you, would that be the time to "pull the brakes"? "Seriously" don't read whats not posted.

Who on here is saying that Ranger would cost $500k!!?!?! Everyone who wants Ranger on this board has said that he should buy him. You said not to essentially in the posts, it's called inferring.

We weren't buying SBW for close to $500k, we've pretty much never cracked $500k. I think The Beast has cost to most this club has ever forked out.

If you think you aren't inferring everything that has been said, just look at the posts by Moz, Magic Stick, OMG and myself. Maybe you don't mean to, but your posts say don't buy, he'll cost too much.

I dont get your point thats all clubs issue to sign players for the least amount possible as it is the agents job to secure players the highest amount possible, they either reach a mutual agreement during negotiations or they go their seperate ways ???

I sincerely doubt we will spend the cap anyways as we will struggle to import players always, personally think Ranger is worth the money and the perceived risk
You don't get my point, well you answer it in your own post. "They either reach a mutual agreement... or they go their seperate ways??" Let me explain that to you, an agent comes in and says my player is worth $xxx k, the club says, we feel he is worth $yyy k, now they negotiate till the club reaches the maximum amount they are prepared to pay or the least amount it takes to secure the player. Now I don't know how much negotiating you have done in your life but if you go into it by saying I have $100k I am willing to spend to buy that house but I will offer you $50k the first thing the sales person will say is , it costs $150k, because they know that you are already willing to spend more. You then negotiate till chances are you get to $100k. However if you go in and say we intend to spend $50k and have little chance of movement you then potentially have the chance to sign a contract for less as the sales person thinks any increase is good and getting you to say $80k is a great outcome as they were willing to sell it for $70k. Whether it is a house, car,tv or player the point for the buyer is the BEST product for the least money.