Rumour Rene Ranger and Dogs player

It could make some union fans watch rugby league, deoending on how well the warriors play afterwards. But if it turns into a media "Former union player saves Warriors" then ima be so mad:mad:

I don't want him for the amount of money we would have to pay him. If he came cheap and earn't his keep before going on big money then bring him in but there is no chance of that.

Reactions: facefacts
Tupou has scored some freaky tries, rare as they may be, he's scored some cracking ones. He's steady, sure he's not the greatest, but he has been improving steadily. I certainly don't mind him in the team at the moment.

We had another guy who played just like this - went by the name of Inu......................

Haha i think the Blues are doing the same thing lately

I think the entire game of rugby union is doing exactly that...i used to love union, but as soon as i see the first reset scrum, i change the channel, not because reset scrums
are a new thing, but because it reminds me of the mess the rest of the games in... how they expect any new fans to understand the game let alone enjoy it, i dont know.

I dont get these sorts of statements...are you paying the players wages????

Maybe he like myself, would rather pay much less, for a young league winger that is steadily improving, than spend a huge chunk of cap on an untested union convert, who looks to be good
with ball in hand, but pretty poor in every other department...if we're gonna buy a ex all black winger, at least get one who can defend, kick, and defuse bombs/grubbers etc.

Maybe, but he wont cost us what an all black would...not even close.

How do you know what it will cost....$$$ shouldnt be a issue with Glenn on board

Manu's days are numbered on the wing...Tupou is mediocre at best.

Warriors should be looking far and wide for a few wings...unless they plan to convert some secondrowers to the wing

Reactions: Nekminit and Moz
I hope we do sign him...as back up

Id rather see him play for another NRL club then rot in the vulcans or on the bench for us, I want to see him playing, I dont think he would have trouble adapting at all

As for what well pay him who cares we have to pay a fortune to get anyone to move to NZ anyway

Reactions: Defence
I dont get these sorts of statements...are you paying the players wages????

What do you mean am I paying the players wages? What a stupid thing to say. He would cost a fortune to sign with no rugby league experience. He could turn out to be a legend but it isn't a risk I would want the club to take. Facefacts is right, I'd rather sign a proven rugby league player or at least a junior with potential.

Id rather see him play for another NRL club then rot in the vulcans or on the bench for us, I want to see him playing, I dont think he would have trouble adapting at all

As for what well pay him who cares we have to pay a fortune to get anyone to move to NZ anyway

Wouldn't you rather pay a fortune on someone who is a proven NRL player not a slightly above average union player?

And it doesn't matter how much extra funds we have with Glenn on board. Salary cap will put a lid on how much he can spend anyway.

Reactions: Nekminit
What do you mean am I paying the players wages? What a stupid thing to say. He would cost a fortune to sign with no rugby league experience. He could turn out to be a legend but it isn't a risk I would want the club to take. Facefacts is right, I'd rather sign a proven rugby league player or at least a junior with potential.

What do you think Tupou is on, and what do you think Ranger would cost us?

Natural Athletes are natural athletes, they will be good no matter what they do. What's that show where they pit different code sports star against each other. Billy Slater was on it and he won every challenge, I think it was the same for Marshall. The move from Rugby to League is much smoother than League to Rugby. Look at SBW he's doing very well now.

What do you think Tupou is on, and what do you think Ranger would cost us?

Natural Athletes are natural athletes, they will be good no matter what they do. What's that show where they pit different code sports star against each other. Billy Slater was on it and he won every challenge, I think it was the same for Marshall. The move from Rugby to League is much smoother than League to Rugby. Look at SBW he's doing very well now.

Just guessing, I would think Ranger would be signed on for atleast double what Tupou is on. Billy can't be on much more than $100,000 and I'd expect Ranger to be getting $200,000ish. Obviously pure and probably pointless speculation though.

I'm not saying for a second that he would be a flop, he's a skillfull player. I would just rather not risk it, especially with Glenn and Omar there to have a crack on the wing and Nielson already signed on for centre.

Just guessing, I would think Ranger would be signed on for atleast double what Tupou is on. Billy can't be on much more than $100,000 and I'd expect Ranger to be getting $200,000ish. Obviously pure and probably pointless speculation though.

I'm not saying for a second that he would be a flop, he's a skillfull player. I would just rather not risk it, especially with Glenn and Omar there to have a crack on the wing and Nielson already signed on for centre.

I think he would only be on the wing to start with. Like you said Nielson was just signed.

Again I would probably agree that Ranger would cost around $200k but I think that is a good price to pay. I don't think you can only rely on growth from juniors. I think Fish just isn't up to NRL. Omar has potential and I would like to see him get a go.

I think he would only be on the wing to start with. Like you said Nielson was just signed.

Again I would probably agree that Ranger would cost around $200k but I think that is a good price to pay. I don't think you can only rely on growth from juniors. I think Fish just isn't up to NRL. Omar has potential and I would like to see him get a go.

You can't only rely on the juniors but I'd rather we give them a crack. Some positions we need to buy players like at centre and hooker where we haven't had the really good juniors come through. Wing is a position I think we have the players that could eventually be NRL quality. I would really like to see Glen on the wing with Omar putting on pressure for his spot.