General Regular Season

The 22 BEAST_old

Well here we are heading into round 26 of the 2010 Nrl Premiership.

If you had said we would be sitting in 5th place on the ladder heading into this match even ten weeks ago i wouldve been hopefull but honestly thought you were full of it.

I posted after the loss to the Panthers we would not make the 8, i was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go you good thing, lets bring home the TITLE!

Go the MIGHTY VODAFONE WARRIORS!!!!

gREVUS_old

Actually were currently 6th, i think the NRL ladder is wrong as it hasnt taken the number of attacking points scored by them vs us

gREVUS_old

actually i just noted that the ladder here has what i think is right, and it has us at 6th

Jesbass_old

No, the ladder is correct. It actually goes by the team with the better defensive record, which I think is stupid, but that's how it works.

So we're 5th heading into the last round. Pre-season, I picked us to finish 6th, but that was before all of our injuries, so even if we drop to 6th, it'll have far exceeded my expectations. That's of course taking into account our table position, our injury toll, our new blood, and also our recruitment.

gREVUS_old

ok well thats good news then, even tho i was wrong i just want to point out, i did that deliberatley to make Jebass feel smart

Spence_old

I don't know what the official line is. But the commentators said that it goes by the percentage of points scored compared to points conceded. In that method we are 5th.

The 22 BEAST_old

I don't know what the official line is. But the commentators said that it goes by the percentage of points scored compared to points conceded. In that method we are 5th.

Thats what i heard as well. I don't know how, I don't know why, but ill take it.

Swanley_old

back to topic.

I am surprised that we are 5th, was ecpecting us not to even make the 8.

It is good to see Ivan has looked bring through some under 20 players. I beleve our squad for next year look's very strong.

I also like the fact that having no Price has not really effected us. Because I know we were all panicking about next year, but him being forced out early has been a bonus in the terms of development.

The 22 BEAST_old

back to topic.

I am surprised that we are 5th, was ecpecting us not to even make the 8.

It is good to see Ivan has looked bring through some under 20 players. I beleve our squad for next year look's very strong.

I also like the fact that having no Price has not really effected us. Because I know we were all panicking about next year, but him being forced out early has been a bonus in the terms of development.

It was a blessing!

MightyWarriors_old

The 'percentages' factor used to differentiate equally-placed teams in points difference works like this. As it stands, the Warriors have scored 513 and conceded 474. The Roosters have scored 541, and have conceded 502. So, the equation for each becomes:

Warriors (513 points x 100 to express our points as a multiple of 100)= 51300 divided by 474 = 108.23%
Roosters (541x100)= 54100 divided by 502 = 107.77%

What it's saying is that for every 100 points conceded by the Warriors, they score 108.23 in reply. Our attack therefore manages to accumulate 108.23% of whatever points we concede. For every 100 points conceded by the Roosters, they only score 107.77.

The percentage actually rewards our attack, just by considering our defence like this points difference can be reduced that to a much more exact, minute standard to differentiate if two teams score equal attacking points and can avoid having to go to ridiculous standards like which team has hit the most FGs if all other things are equal.

The 22 BEAST_old

The 'percentages' factor used to differentiate equally-placed teams in points difference works like this. As it stands, the Warriors have scored 513 and conceded 474. The Roosters have scored 541, and have conceded 502. So, the equation for each becomes:

Warriors (513 points x 100 to express our points as a multiple of 100)= 51300 divided by 474 = 108.23%

What it's saying is that for every 100 points conceded by the Warriors, they score 108.23 in reply. Our attack therefore manages to accumulate 108.23% of whatever points we concede. For every 100 points conceded by the Roosters, they only score 107.77.

The percentage actually rewards our attack, just by considering our defence like this points difference can be reduced that to a much more exact, minute standard to differentiate if two teams score equal attacking points and can avoid having to go to ridiculous standards like which team has hit the most FGs if all other things are equal.

At least its not the Duckworthlewis system

BringBackRovelli_old

The reason they use this system is because I think we'd all agree that in rugby league, a result of 10-4 is more laudable than a result of 50-44. I think it makes sense.

a.c.e_old

Im just happy we are back in finals football! Other teams do not want to play us, theres a heavy price to pay when oppositions come away from a Warriors game.

Jesbass_old

That makes more sense. It seems like a long way round to get there, though!

Warrioraholic_old

We really cant afford to arm wrestle the eels, we need to smash them and get our for and against better than the roosters. The missed Hohia "maybe penalty try" and the Matalino no try hurt us on the weekend.

BringBackRovelli_old

Pity our game is played before the Roosters. I think we still need to try and run through them, beat them in the forwards like the Broncos. If we start throwing it around early, the Eels will be up for it more than if we play tough territorial footy.

MightyWarriors_old

Townsville and Sydney are in the same time zone between March and October. QLD doesn't observe daylight saving so they fall an hour behind NSW over summer, and three hours behind NZ.