General Regular Season Attendances

LordGnome_old

The Warriors total regular season attendance was 190,679 for the 2011 season, making them the best supported NZ team again this year (the average attendance was 15,890.)

Compare that to;

Hurricanes

Total 70,704 Avergae 10,100

Blues

Total 139,607 Average 17,450

Highlanders

Total 75,283 Average 9,410

Chiefs

Total 80,926 Average 10,115

Crusaders

Total 121,547 Average 15,193

And

Phoenix

Total 120,230 Average 8,015

Source - Wikipedia

playdaball_old

2nd best behind Blues?

Eden Park is important to the Warriors as that crowd would have pushed the average up.

How does this year compare with others (Warriors average crowds)?

LordGnome_old

2nd best behind Blues?

Eden Park is important to the Warriors as that crowd would have pushed the average up.

How does this year compare with others (Warriors average crowds)?

More people watched the Warriors than the Blues overall.

From memory, the warriors were also the most watched last year, but this is the first year of the (semi) expanded Super XV.

Next year will give a truer comparrison.

Jesbass_old

The most interesting thing there is the averages, because we have higher averages than everyone except for the Blues, and that would be expected as they had 2/3 the number of home matches as the Warriors.

But every other team that had fewer home matches also had lower averages.

I don't think anything can be garnered from the crowd stats for the Crusaders, though. Their figures hardly match what a normal season would have been, with (I think) 0 home matches, and smaller stadiums in places where there was probably more appeal to go see them given the novelty value.

playdaball_old

i assume that the Cusaders average would have included the game they played at Twickers?

LordGnome_old

I don't think anything can be garnered from the crowd stats for the Crusaders, though. Their figures hardly match what a normal season would have been, with (I think) 0 home matches, and smaller stadiums in places where there was probably more appeal to go see them given the novelty value.

I think that we had a better crowd total than the Crusaders for the season before, too, but the real comparrison will only be available once the expanded Super XV runs its full course next season.