Warriors have knocked back the Walsh to Storm move weird at what started as a mess-around scenario ended up being true

Here’s the article, for others reference:

Quote from Bellamy:

"That's been hit on the head," the coach told AAP on Friday ahead of their clash with Souths in Sydney.

"That's been knocked back by the Warriors so we've moved on”

Here’s the article, for others reference:

Quote from Bellamy:

"That's been hit on the head," the coach told AAP on Friday ahead of their clash with Souths in Sydney.

"That's been knocked back by the Warriors so we've moved on”
Good to hear. This toing and froing around all the clubs at this stage of the season is a load of crap.

Another nail in the NRL management coffin

There’s nothing wrong with Melbourne putting out the feelers about Walsh, I’d hope our club would do the same if the roles were reversed.

That being said the Club are doing the right thing and saying no. I’m not sure Walsh would even be interested given the fact the team are based in Queensland as opposed to moving to Melbourne for 2 months.

Far from sold with Chanel Harris-Tavita starting at fullback, but Walsh coming of the bench against a team that can fade badly in the 2nd half could be a master stroke from Stacey. Could be an interesting game.

Walsh has neither offense or defense anymore, Im glad he is leaving, the 2 options next year are far better FB's. Walsh promised lots and delivered little. He cost more points on defense than he scored on offense, as flashy as his footwork looked.

Im also not impressed with the reasons people have given for dumping and running from contracts with the Warriors. I honestly thought he was different, but while I was thinking that, he had apparently already made his decision to leave.

So no, do not release him, we shouldnt have released him next year on compassionate grounds either after he left it until we were nearly in a desperate position for a FB next year. Players are looking at our management as easy mugs to walk all over.

The flip side of me says hes a teenager and if you going to hire young players expect a bit of immaturity, at least he has an excuse.

Reactions: marv

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Walsh on the radio this morning, didn't commit to staying with team for the rest of the season.
As others have said, NRL contracts mean nothing.
When you also have TV commentators encouraging him to leave, it just makes it worst.
I personally wouldn’t release him, just let him be 20th man for the rest of the season.

Luke Metcalf is who the Warriors should have tried to tee up to go to the storm for the remainder of the season. Sharks would have denied the request but if we made it public with him coming to us next year and not getting any games for the sharks or even now jets it could have been good for all parties. Is Metcalf injured? He played 52 minutes for the jets a few weeks ago but nothing since and no injury reports for him.

Everyone moaning about this kid needs to go back and read the kiss ass stuffthey posted in his first year. Big turn around. If you didn't see this shit coming you have rocks in your head. He needs to leave the warriors so he can be close to his daughter in QLD hwere he will be half the time with the warriors. But is wanting to go to Melbourne and be based in Melbourne for the rest of the year. He isnt leaving us for his kid - nek minut him and the missus are back together. He just wants out. Was always gonna be a five minute stop at the warriors. Used us like they all do. Cant blame him. This club is run by dipshits.

I cringe every time I see Walsh in a warriors jersey. Can’t believe they are still using him for marketing. One of our all time worst signings but this one is not the clubs fault.
Some of it does need to go on the club. The Broncos were wise in that they knew he is naturally gifted but needed extra development time so held him back.
The Warriors knew the only way he could be signed was to guarantee first grade time (no fault of Walsh who was pursued) and took what was always going to be a gamble with a still raw 18 year old under those circumstances. While he continues to wear the jersey I genuinely hope he goes well on Friday night if he makes the final 17.

As for players jumping ship midseason etc, its the NRLs fault that they actually allow this to happen. They need to tighten this ridiculousness up quick before the competition unravels. It has to stop.

Some of it does need to go on the club. The Broncos were wise in that they knew he is naturally gifted but needed extra development time so held him back.
The Warriors knew the only way he could be signed was to guarantee first grade time (no fault of Walsh who was pursued) and took what was always going to be a gamble with a still raw 18 year old under those circumstances. While he continues to wear the jersey I genuinely hope he goes well on Friday night if he makes the final 17.

As for players jumping ship midseason etc, its the NRLs fault that they actually allow this to happen. They need to tighten this ridiculousness up quick before the competition unravels. It has to stop.
Yeah they did rush him, more the media circus that has followed him that’s not the clubs fault.

Will be interesting to see the media’s reaction next year when he undoubtedly gets dropped to the Reggie’s to learn how to actually play FB. I bet it will be along the lines of “great move by the Bronco’s, it’s the best thing for him” 🙄🙄