More Foxtel Newscorp b.s
Keep announcing this stuff as a news creation system.
Reece is a Warrior until …
But believe Foxtel Newscorp … sure cant

I don't disagree with you.

The only problem with this I all have is that the debates are where he is going - Broncos are in the hunt for him too

Not a lot of talk about him staying which leads me to believe he is as good as gone - and deep down we knew that already

The Oz media see the Warriors in a different light
Sydney teams first
Then other Oz teams
Then Nzw

It’s great fun for them to bag us and say Reece is going to Bronco s or Redcliffe

On the other hand didn’t Te Maire Martin play well last week.
Only 26 still.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Sydney teams first
Then other Oz teams
Then Nzw

It’s great fun for them to bag us and say Reece is going to Bronco s or Redcliffe

Only 26 still.
Was heartbroken when TMM had to retire years back - always thought he had a huge career in front of him. Stoked to see him back and that he played well.

Sydney teams first
Then other Oz teams
Then Nzw

Only 26 still.

I would support a walsh trade for TMM

Reactions: Tragic
Tmm I thought for three years out played really really well last week for the Bronco s.
He has been picked again at 1 for the Bronco s.
I would love to see him play six for the Bronco s.
It’s risk versus reward for the Bronco s and so far is paying off.

No doubt this kid could be a great player.

If he was staying I would be more than happy but I do see problems with his size.

Of course he can grow into a good frame but at the moment his returns are ineffective. Really good playmaker.

Maybe I’m sour but I see his peak a fair few years away.
Best for both him and the club to cut ties sooner rather delay the inevitable if he has one eye on a return to QLD.

Reactions: WarriorDave
Reece is under contract until the end of 2024.
Yes jellybeans and pessimists of Aotearoa end of 2024.

I watched a replay of NRL 360 ..... a 10 second grab by Paul Kent saying its expected Reece will sign with Dolphins in a few weeks prior to that one of the talking heads said it was speculation.

I d say where is Te Maire Martin going to go? Stays at Broncos? Goes to Redcliffe?

The twats on 360 never seem to get anything right. The show has turned into a pack of egotistical gobshites trying to 1 up each other with their shit takes since Ikin left. It's a shame because I used to enjoy the show and watched every episode when it was just him and Kent.

If it's true the Dolphins have approached Walsh then we should be submitting a complaint to the NRL like the Storm have. What idiot at the NRL didn't see that giving a new club 12 months to create a full squad would lead to dodgy underhanded tactics. If we don't get a fair trade for Walsh then why exactly would we let him leave.

I still question a potential decision to go to the Dolphins for someone like Reece Walsh when the spine is literally spineless! Unless they grab Cameron Munster, I cant see how a kid who is not even 20 yet and still very much developing would sign on for a new venture which has clearly struggled to land any quality halves.

If the Dolphins sign Munster then I would be a little more concerned as it would make more sense for Walsh knowing that you have real quality in the halves. I cant see how the opportunity would be a good one for Reece otherwise.

To be honest, Walsh is better off with the Broncos where he would be slotting into an established system and not have the extreme pressures of what he would receive in Redcliffe.

With the Broncos though, I just don't know how that works. It's literally saying that Stephen Kearney asked Shaun Johnson to come back to the Warriors! So, Kevvie Walters was happy for Reece to leave the club as he wasn't ready in his eyes, now all of a sudden he is ready to have him back after 2 years? It doesn't sound like the norm in rugby league.

Its all very confusing.

Fake news. How is he supposed to sign a contract when he cant even be approached until November.
Thie issue isn't that he can't be approached, it's that he can't be signed (or, at least, the deal can't be announced) until November. Until then it's whispered sweet nothings in certain player's ears out of earshot of the certain player's current amore. All of which can be denied, of course, as there's no proof of any alluring behaviour.

Wouldn't surprise me if Reece's signing was part of the first group of signing announced on 2-3 November after "very quick and easy negotiations" :p.

Zero Tackle reckons 2024 is a Player Option. So it's not set in concrete that he'll stay in 2024. Not sure of the rules of when a Club Option/Player Option has to be announced as being taken up or dropped but it seems logical that Reece would have to announce his 2024 plans fairly soon as if he decides he's leaving, that means 2023 is his last year, so as of 1 November 2022 he's available to sign.

Reactions: Defence
End of the day if Reece Walsh decides he's going to the Dolphins or Broncos it's because he wanted to go and not because the warriors didn't do enough to keep him.

The warriors can secure him financially but moving to New Zealand might be a bridge to far?

For now I have hope that he can picture himself living in New Zealand and setting his family up here, he sounds Iike he genuinely wants to get over here and see how it is.

Don't give up him just because some journos say it's the way its happening. The warriors are surely in the better seat, if not so be it.

Also one other thing to note is that I haven't heard Peter Bedel speak about any of these signings? When it comes to Queensland rugby league he's the guy that hits most often.

Last edited:
I still question a potential decision to go to the Dolphins for someone like Reece Walsh when the spine is literally spineless! Unless they grab Cameron Munster, I cant see how a kid who is not even 20 yet and still very much developing would sign on for a new venture which has clearly struggled to land any quality halves.

If the Dolphins sign Munster then I would be a little more concerned as it would make more sense for Walsh knowing that you have real quality in the halves. I cant see how the opportunity would be a good one for Reece otherwise.

To be honest, Walsh is better off with the Broncos where he would be slotting into an established system and not have the extreme pressures of what he would receive in Redcliffe.

With the Broncos though, I just don't know how that works. It's literally saying that Stephen Kearney asked Shaun Johnson to come back to the Warriors! So, Kevvie Walters was happy for Reece to leave the club as he wasn't ready in his eyes, now all of a sudden he is ready to have him back after 2 years? It doesn't sound like the norm in rugby league.

Its all very confusing.

Exactly - why would any young player go to the Dolphins when they have some no body coaching them. I mean what has he ever done in the sport. Is he even any good. Can he build a team. Build a player from a good base. I doubt that very much. Just check out who he could play under - Brown, Walters, Payton, Holbrook. I mean they are some sweet names right there.

Exactly - why would any young player go to the Dolphins when they have some no body coaching them. I mean what has he ever done in the sport. Is he even any good. Can he build a team. Build a player from a good base. I doubt that very much. Just check out who he could play under - Brown, Walters, Payton, Holbrook. I mean they are some sweet names right there.

I don’t disagree when it comes to playing under Wayne Bennett, but right now as it stands and clearly coming from the media - there aren’t any dominant signings in key areas for a player who would need to be part of a decent spine you would think.

How well did Bennett go at the Knights between 2012 - 2014. Not saying it was a new venture but something didn’t go right there. Oh that’s right, they weren’t a powerhouse like the Broncos and South Sydney.

At the moment I’m sure even the great man Wayne is a little concerned or possibly thinking about the Knights days.

I was rapt when Walsh signed with us but I didn't feel that it was ever going to anything more than a stepping stone for him. And I'm sure that if he gets offered the position he wants he will go. He'd be silly not to.
And especially to the Dolphins. Imagine having the opportunity to be coached by and to learn from Wayne Bennett? Walsh will not get that sort of experience if he stays at the Warriors. The last game against the Storm really highlighted the difference between a top 4 side on their game and a bottom 8 side that is going to struggle for many years to bridge that gap. If he wants to play in a grand final he will have leave the Warriors.
Wayne Bennett is no fool and probably not short of a dollar so if he has taken on the Dolphins it will be on his terms and he must think that they are a chance in the future.
Perhaps Walsh could be one of his missing halves?

Why would we release him though? It’s not like the Dolphins can offer us a player

He has the clause about staying in Australia if he doesn't want to move to NZ... Who knows how the clause is worded, but he has an out. A 19 year old with a baby, it's understandable he would want to stay around family. If we were happy to put the clause in his contract, then the Warriors can't feel hard done by if decides to stay in Brisbane.

Reactions: Defence