Swanley

Swanley

Reece got a $400 fine and put on a good behaviour bond in GC Southport Court for his police charge.
On local tv apologising and saying it will never happen again.
"I'll never get caught again"....

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Reece got a $400 fine and put on a good behaviour bond in GC Southport Court for his police charge.
On local tv apologising and saying it will never happen again.
I like that it sounded genuine vs some of the forced apologies we have gotten from other players

Reactions: 4 users

the borg

Well he went to court, judge gave him a chance, so he got away with a fine and no conviction, but it could of been a lot worse. The NRL have imposed their 2 game ban.. And the club has sent him off to see Gordon Tallis.. as far as I'm concerned done and dusted.. time to move on to preseason and 22..

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Well he went to court, judge gave him a chance, so he got away with a fine and no conviction, but it could of been a lot worse. The NRL have imposed their 2 game ban.. And the club has sent him off to see Gordon Tallis.. as far as I'm concerned done and dusted.. time to move on to preseason and 22..
He got a good behaviour bond didn’t he?
Edit- just checked and he got a 9 month good behaviour bond, if reoffends within that time he’ll get convicted

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
was wondering if hes now on a drug monitoring program within the club, or if this is all done and dusted?

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
He won't be the only NRL player doing coke, will he be the only Warriors player?
Doubt it, the ‘nose beers’ are pretty comm in the Aus footy scene, plenty of clubroom Toilets will have a shelf just for it

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Dean Ritchie from the Daily Telegraph writes:

"Multiple sources have told News Corp that Walsh is feeling unsettled at the Warriors and will end up at either the Dolphins or Brisbane Broncos sooner rather than later. Walsh, 19, has not sought a release and has another two years officially remaining on his current Warriors contract.

Reece Walsh is believed to be keen on leaving the Warriors and is set to join either the Dolphins or Broncos. There is a feeling of inevitability that Walsh and his young family will return to Queensland. The only question is when. Walsh will definitely play with the Warriors this year but NRL clubs continue to hear speculation the star fullback may consider an early move back to a Queensland club for family reasons. While any early move will be denied, one well-positioned source suggested Walsh was feeling uneasy at the Warriors. Walsh has a clause in his favour for 2024."

Mostly dumb article filled with speculation, but ultimately doesn't sound like Walsh is keen to be the Warriors golden boy.

• Sad
  • Wow
Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Would Metcalf fill the fullback role from 2023?

Reactions: 1 users
AlexM

AlexM

He's probably a bit nervous about moving to NZ so young with a kid and all that palava.
Warriors need to buy the guy a nice house and set him up...
A lot of him staying could be based on how we perform this year I'd say. Another finals miss and he'd be gone imo.

snake77

snake77

The article reads like we are based in New Zealand not Queensland.

It wouldn't be surprising if he signed elsewhere when his contract completes. He has a new born and even though the kid will be older by then it's still takes a few years for it to get easier. He could also have another one by then. The chances of him being at the Warriors for the kid to start school would be slim. Can see the lure of returning to Queensland and family being a big draw card.

He will also be in demand by the time his contract his up. Most clubs would come inquiring about his interest.

This year will depend on how the team goes and how he gels with key personal mainly Johnson. If we make the 8 and survive a few weeks 2023 and he enjoys combining with Johnson then moving with the club for a year to see out his contract would be more appealing.

Metcalf coming. Another youngster to offer someone else to combine with could also have some appeal.

The flip side to that is 2023 could be fine but if he is intent on living in Queensland coming to New Zealand and organise things for a year could be a deterrent.

We have had some good recruits the last few years. That would be a mix of the cap situation, circumstances with the players current club and the Warriors being overseas. A lot of the squad haven't played a proper home game. It would be a kick in the guts from the last few years if they finally move back and a lot of key players move on.

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

Being young and an exciting talent he would be marketable for any club.

I wrote in the merchandise thread that one of my sons was wanting some Warriors gear. Probably to play in the backyard and sit with me while watching the games.

He doesn't really watch the games but he did ask me about the young looking guy doing the goal kicking one day. Told him his name and since then I'd get him randomly come up to me and go Reece Walsh. Might just be an easy name to remember.

6Again

Let’s be honest Dean Ritchie isn’t exactly a Fan of the New Zealand Warriors and has been called out by our own coaching staff for articles written in the past. This could just as easily be more muck raking from a bloke with a long history of operating at that level.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Tragic

Tragic

If they want him to stay then they should connect him with his NZ roots as soon as they return, get him immersed in the culture of his heritage and get him to his family marae. Once you have that connection the pull to stay will be a lot stronger. Without that he is a visitor who will only feel the pull from Qld.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Juju

"Multiple sources have told News Corp that Walsh is feeling unsettled at the Warriors and will end up at either the Dolphins or Brisbane Broncos sooner rather than later. Walsh, 19, has not sought a release and has another two years officially remaining on his current Warriors contract.

Reece Walsh is believed to be keen on leaving the Warriors and is set to join either the Dolphins or Broncos. There is a feeling of inevitability that Walsh and his young family will return to Queensland. The only question is when. Walsh will definitely play with the Warriors this year but NRL clubs continue to hear speculation the star fullback may consider an early move back to a Queensland club for family reasons. While any early move will be denied, one well-positioned source suggested Walsh was feeling uneasy at the Warriors. Walsh has a clause in his favour for 2024."

Mostly dumb article filled with speculation, but ultimately doesn't sound like Walsh is keen to be the Warriors golden boy.
FFS talk about ruining my day...

Reactions: 2 users

Swanny

Either way fullback seems to have the most talent coming through the junior ranks. Jayden Campbell stepped up very quickly, the hammer, even Simonsson at the Raiders was impressive when given a chance. As talented as Walsh is 2 years from now is a long time and the landscape can change quickly

Reactions: 1 users
Diesel

Diesel

NRL needs to step in and get a suitable replacement be if salary cap space or something. No way would the Roosters and easily 10 other clubs put up with what the Warriors have in the last 2 years

I think the storm, raiders & titans would be the only clubs that would do what the warriors have for the greatest good

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

Gee, an Australian player who's currently playing for the Warriors but actually wants to remain in Australia...

Well, after 27 years I guess it had to happen one day...

• Haha