Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
When you strip it all down, we have a player and club who have been cooperative and getting in front of the situation accepting responsibility getting a two week ban, against an evasive group and club who have suspended fines and 1 week. Bullshit.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
To be fair the suspended fine were the club imposed ones… which effectively mean nothing unless they get caught with some white powdery substance that nobody seems to know what it is again…

they still got hit with $$ fines and a weeks suspension from the NRL. Walsh gets 2 weeks because he was dumb enough to actually get arrested while carrying drugs.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Its strange as isn't Tallis involved with the titans.
But I think Brownie and Tallis are close mates and have been since they played at St.G so if that's the case, great move.
Yeah they were housemates as young blokes and as you say still very close. There was a piece on it on the Matty Johns show.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
To be fair the suspended fine were the club imposed ones… which effectively mean nothing unless they get caught with some white powdery substance that nobody seems to know what it is again…

they still got hit with $$ fines and a weeks suspension from the NRL. Walsh gets 2 weeks because he was dumb enough to actually get arrested while carrying drugs.

this has seriously hit Smith and Munster

Munster has agreed to a 12 month alcohol ban. They will tear up his contract if he blunders.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
The extent of admission at the Storm...

Is there a more counter-productive body than the RLPA? No drug testing during off-season? And you seriously expect no stupidity during the off-season? The RLPA should be forced to sit alongside each scandal press conference and be asked what they are doing to stop players making tits of themselves.

I see that the NRL wants to do hair follicle testing...but the RLPA will never agree to this...

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
Why were these players (including Walsh) not drug tested by the NRL, I will answer the question. They were trying to minimise matters. I think the poor reaction of the Storm should have had them charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Why were these players (including Walsh) not drug tested by the NRL, I will answer the question. They were trying to minimise matters. I think the poor reaction of the Storm should have had them charged with bringing the game into disrepute.
Blame the RLPA not the NRL. Ex players protecting current players.

Sky Waka

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 28, 2017
I thought it was ASADA that drug tested players. And Munster has voluntarily entered a treatment facility which sounds to me like he's taken something. If you are in a treatment facility can you be drug tested???

RTS’s calves

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 25, 2020
Obviously, no suspension is good, but if there was a time for Walsh to get put back in place is now. He's still got 12+ years of footy ahead of him so hopefully, he doesn't stuff up again.

Reactions: snake77

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
The extent of admission at the Storm...

Is there a more counter-productive body than the RLPA? No drug testing during off-season? And you seriously expect no stupidity during the off-season? The RLPA should be forced to sit alongside each scandal press conference and be asked what they are doing to stop players making tits of themselves.

I see that the NRL wants to do hair follicle testing...but the RLPA will never agree to this...

I believe in the off season your on holiday.
So imo. You should be allowed to put whatever you want into your own body, free of nazi drug testing. The RLPA sticks up for players RIGHTS

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings