Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Geez, is Tony Kemp a slime ball or what? Absolute dickhead.
Taken you a while to see that Rick O'Shay Rick O'Shay.

After every game he is rolled out on the DRS to give his expert opinion and on every occasion I have heard him he has run the team down even after a win!

If we win the comment is the other team played like shite.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Geez, is Tony Kemp a slime ball or what? Absolute dickhead.
Those who did, could or can, lead the Warriors to finals football.

Those who didn't or couldn't (such as Lowe and Kemp) bitch about the Warriors on the radio.

Although to be fair, Endacott fits in that second group and you don't hear him whinging...

Last edited:

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Well the example of a ceo that Kemp got was Watson. He certainly wouldn't front a pressee about drug use.

Kemp was a Warriors coach when we cheated the cap to buy props. I know Watson was the architect but head coach always has to take some heat for squad composition.
While Melbourne cheated to have Inglis, Smith and Slater. We cheated for Wiki and Price (love them but you don't cheat for props, especially in 05).

He had a decent 2005 squad.
Jones
Price
Wiki
Toopi
Fien
Hohaia
Webb
Ropati
Betham

Was enough footballers to make the 8 - he delivered 11th

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Kemp's main argument is the Warriors hung him out to dry. We don't know the inner workings of the club and the meetings around the issue. If Walsh was onboard with it and remorseful no issue. It may have even been his idea.

I have seen athletes in various codes come out years later and talk about an incident how they were treated like an addict when it was a one off. Sometimes it may have been the only incident, others it was the first of many.

The club has come in for criticism over the years and a lot of it has been justified. To find criticism in the handling of this incident he's reaching a bit. It was done swiftly and now Walsh is at the mercy of the courts from a legal stand point. Then the NRL in terms of fines or suspensions.

Sure the Storm pair and Grand Final week took the heat off but still the Walsh incident is pretty much out of the media now.

The club also need to keep the sponsors happy. Dealing with it quickly would help there instead of it hanging around for days like the Storm's handling of their players.

Juno

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2018
You would have to be dead unlucky to get busted the first time you possessed the white powder!
Nothing to do with luck...naive, dumb and a teenager...pretty much the same thing really. Hope he learnt something from it, all these guys in the NRL going off about Munster & co have a history themselves, notice Joey & a few 'known' abusers haven't said anything, but the ones that are mostly talking up just never got caught. Not necessarily drug abuse but gambling or some other guilt. They should go after the guys that hang around with everything on offer - there's heaps of them & someone like Walsh hasn't got the nous to see them for what they are.. Munster and Smith are old enough to have learnt, whereas Walsh has a chance to learn. Roosters anyone? Could say some stuff & it ain't about yesteryear

YeahNah 4020

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 6, 2017
I got a feeling that the new QLD club will make a play at Walsh to bring him home

He’s being “mentored” by QLD greats which I think is all part of the home coming process

Hopefully we can have a good year make progress and build solid combinations with Walsh so by the time this becomes an issue the Warriors are his home and he is long term

Last edited:

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
I got a feeling that the new QLD club will make a play at Walsh to bring him home

He’s being “mentored” by QLD greats which o think is all part of the home coming process

Hopefully we can have a good year make progress and build solid combinations with Walsh so by the time this becomes an issue the Warriors are his home and he is long term
??? If you mean Tallis, the Warriors were the ones who got in contact with him in the first place to work with Reece.

Reactions: bruce and tajhay

YeahNah 4020

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 6, 2017
??? If you mean Tallis, the Warriors were the ones who got in contact with him in the first place to work with Reece.

True the warriors may of reached out to Tallis to offer some support to Walsh but I’m just thinking in the end where does Tallis loyalty belong.

Tallis has no real connection or history with the club and is a QLD man 100% connected to Titans and possibly involved in some form with QLD heartland rugby league.

Just like Gus if a different offer comes along and depending on the details situations could change.

There were no QLD “greats” with a connection to the Warriors that could of offered a similar role ?

Reactions: bruce

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
True the warriors may of reached out to Tallis to offer some support to Walsh but I’m just thinking in the end where does Tallis loyalty belong.

Tallis has no real connection or history with the club and is a QLD man 100% connected to Titans and possibly involved in some form with QLD heartland rugby league.

Just like Gus if a a different offer comes along and depending on the details situations could change.

There were no QLD “greats” with a connection to the Warriors that could of offered a similar role ?

I think the reasoning is that Gordon Tallis has a very well-known anti-drug philosophy to life and that might be why.

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016

He’s being “mentored” by QLD greats which I think is all part of the home coming process

being mentored by one of the most famous and avvid Broncos old boys was the Warriors idea. Genius.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings