mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
You can bet Reece the actress had that talk with her parents when she was starting out as an actress:
Honey, please, for the love of all that's holy, do not get hooked on drugs. We don't want the family name having the mickey taken out of it. Let the family you love go through life not having to hear their surname as With-Their-Spoon...

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Walshy is a generational talent but he needs to pull his head in a bit on and off the field. He needs a metaphorical punch in the mouth, and I hope this is it.
Agree with you except the generational talent. He might become one but I cant see it happening at fullback, the biggest problem he has is top end speed - he doesn't have it; but also currently he doesnt have the positioning, safety under the high ball or defence - these 3 are fixable but need the right attitude and work.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Hes likely to be suspended for a few weeks. Does anyone know how long he is looking at? Jesse Bromwich and Proctor got 2 weeks didn't they, but from memory they claimed they were too drunk to remember that they procured and snorted it. Weak. Somehow their apology was considered "remorseful" despite not admitting to what they did and just blaming it on alcohol. They seemed more upset at having to talk it through with Bellamy than anything else.

Naden got 4 weeks?

Will be interesting comparisons with what Walsh gets compared to Munster and Smith, and how they tell their side of the story.

Walsh was stupid. There is no way he had the bag for just himself and just tried to clear others who were involved. He had the bag so has to take responsibility, but coke is a social thing...I've never known someone buy coke to just do it by themself alone. And it surely wouldn't have been his first time. No first timer carries the bag.

Big lesson for him. He has damaged his young reputation and cost himself now and his future with sponsors and marketability. Its how he bounces back from this. Tough lesson but if you are in a privileged position, esp in the public eye, you have to have awareness on what fire you are playing with at each step of life.

Respect for admitting to it, and taking responsibility. Not everyone mans up like that. Time to take this as a life lesson and change young buck.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Reactions: bruce and rugged

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
It will be interesting to compare how the Storm handle their pair compared to the Warriors with Walsh. Their two players are older and should know better.

Think Bromwich said confronting Cameron Smith and the senior players was the hardest part. A bit different know with him gone and it being post season.

I think the Warriors have handled it well so far. Everything was done pretty swiftly now he's at the mercy of the judicial system and any fines or bans imposed by the NRL or internally by the club.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012

Looks like it was club imposed 4 game ban.
Ah ok.
Am I right he took cocaine the day before the GF? If so that is a far bigger breach to his club then Reeceys.

The article also says “This is not another penalty from the NRL, or the Panthers, this is about Brent wanting to show the people he respects most that he’s willing to do it the hard way to redeem himself,’’ Gainey told the Telegraph.

Reactions: bruce

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
420blaze ???I have no idea of anything modern
I am a member of my church men’s group
Am an executive member of a community non for profit group
I work for the government as a civil servant
I read literature in my spare time. Currently I am getting high on Katherine Mansfield.
Hit me up if you need any more of those Katherine Mansfields bro, I know a guy with a good supply of Janet Frames too if you're down

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Hopefully the fact Walsh and the Warriors owned it and Munster and Smith not cooperating has a bearing on the severity. It has with the fines, hopefully the same with suspension. Walsh got fined $5000 and I think it was about $40 and $20k for the other two.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Hopefully the fact Walsh and the Warriors owned it and Munster and Smith not cooperating has a bearing on the severity. It has with the fines, hopefully the same with suspension. Walsh got fined $5000 and I think it was about $40 and $20k for the other two.
Yeah those two not admitting shit while a 19 year old (although he had no choice after the cops got involved) is taking his punishment says a lot about their character. Was a big fan of the cheese and will still rate him as a footy player.....but jeez,,,,,his stocks have fallen with how their choosing to handle it.

Also, given the Storm's approach kudo's to the Warriors getting on top of it like they did.

kiwiborn91

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 6, 2019
Looks like the storm players are facing two game bans so going by the logic Reece is getting fined less than them - he should get less suspension time - let’s hope! And let’s hope our boy grows from this! Everyone in the team needs to buckle down this pre season!

WE HAVE A PREMIERSHIP TO WIN NEXT YEAR! GO THE WARRIORS! 🔥

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Hit me up if you need any more of those Katherine Mansfields bro, I know a guy with a good supply of Janet Frames too if you're down
I knew it!

YOU'RE HEISENBERG!!

Tend to agree with the narrative about Walsh. There is a fair argument to be made that he's only sorry because he got caught - that is, that he didn't front the police the first time they showed up and confessed to holding the Bolivian Army's favourite substance...He waited until it was found. Even so, once found, he admitted he'd fucked up badly.

Munster and Smith are not coming out of their situation anywhere near as well, even if they front up to the Integrity Unit. I wonder how Vlandys and co will react to the shitty attitude, let alone what they're alleged to have done?

Last edited:

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
My read on these two situations with the Storm and Warriors situations is that the Warriors got ahead of the situation by owning it and providing a way forward that is best for the club, player and game. That will have an effect on penalties..

The Storm on the other hand have said nothing. I do not have any criticism of the players involved as their club has said nothing so any legal advice they got would have been to say and admit nothing.

Once the lawyers are involved, the only winners are the lawyers.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings