Dippa

Warriors Bench Player
Jan 27, 2015
Just a real shame for the Warriors club and all the players who have given their everything. The wheels have fallen off and I am sure there would be many in NRL circles who would be feeling for the club. However, at the end of the day, these guys are professionals and no doubt would have been given clear messaging around behaviour now that their season was over.

The only thing in Reece's favour is that he is young. The pressure of being a farther too maybe? I don't know but clearly no excuse whatsoever.

I can only imagine the reaction and disappointment in Roger Tuivasa-Sheck when he would have come across the headlines!

Unfortunate that Reece was in possession as that may not bode well for him.

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 13, 2016
I'll cut him some slack because he is so young and stupid.
I understand how tempting it is for him to be doing what his mates are doing but they are not professional footballers.
Someone at the club needs to drum it into him that he can't behave like his mates. He is up for scrutiny every day and night. Everyone carries a phone and will video him, photograph him if he is doing something wrong.
A little hard maybe but that is what he is paid the big money for.
I don't like the crying after being caught routine.

Greenlite

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 11, 2021
What's the usual sentencing for this, will he go to jail?

Was he dealing? That'd be the end if that's the case. Hope not.

If it's just rehab & fine then it'd be a strike 1 for him.

Get it together dude, you've got a baby daughter and a young wife

Reactions: Aman

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018
What's the usual sentencing for this, will he go to jail?

Was he dealing? That'd be the end if that's the case. Hope not.

If it's just rehab & fine then it'd be a strike 1 for him.

Get it together dude, you've got a baby daughter and a young wife
Based solely on what has been reported and assuming it’s a first offence and all the right steps are taken from here I think lots of lawyers would be hopeful (but not certain) of getting what they call a section 10 - guilty, but no conviction recorded

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 13, 2016
Based solely on what has been reported and assuming it’s a first offence and all the right steps are taken from here I think lots of lawyers would be hopeful (but not certain) of getting what they call a section 10 - guilty, but no conviction recorded
It's probably in the same or below the level of those two blokes that were caught after a test match recently. Blew over quickly and they carried on their careers.

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Is there a bigger virtue signal then sending him to drug counselling.? I get he has to be seen to be doing the right thing. But pretending every recreational user is an addict and has a serious problem really doesn't help with solutions around addiction.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Is there a bigger virtue signal then sending him to drug counselling.? I get he has to be seen to be doing the right thing. But pretending every recreational user is an addict and has a serious problem really doesn't help with solutions around addiction.

Well, I guess the idea is to get him off being even a recreational user, as it's a banned substance in terms of rugby league apart from anything else. If it wasn't, I agree, just because Walsh has done it now - and this may well be the first time - it doesn't mean he's got an uncontrollable addiction, therefore not much to see here...

Reactions: Worried2Death

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
As far as sentencing goes I see the NRL being far more severe than the Civil Court. The Warriors have done well to get in front of this by Walsh apologising publicly. It says to the Courts and the NRL that proactive steps are being taken by the club in Walsh's welfare and education. Any severe action by either the Courts or NRL can be played off against the other. A small amount of drugs and a low level obstructive offence against a strict anti drug policy which is being addressed by the club who are being proactive.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

The idea of Counselling is to prevent addiction. It doesn't matter what your views on drugs and Society is, the NRL have a zero tolerance so it is getting ahead of the situation, not virtue signalling.

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
I thought there was a rule where a first positive test for recreational drugs the NRL would be informed but was otherwise kept in house and the player was given a second chance. But because this involves an arrest and maybe a minor charge he will be fined and maybe given a short suspension.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
The idea of Counselling is to prevent addiction. It doesn't matter what your views on drugs and Society is, the NRL have a zero tolerance so it is getting ahead of the situation, not virtue signallin
My views on drugs are very conservative, but I can still see the way they are playing the game.

The NRL don't have zero tolerance they clearly give warnings, 2nd chances etc etc. Of course it is virtue signalling "the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue." - He wants to be seen to be doing the right thing - I don't blame him or the club for wanting to "play the game"

Reactions: dean and Gizzyfan

pleatedpantspete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 9, 2012
Interesting that WADA get involved in coke cases. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/9713c21fb0de2290367256a9e222fa0f

If he got the one month suspension it would be ok timing as he won't miss any important part of the off season
Only if he tests positive. Think it was same with proctor /Bromwich. They didn’t actually test positive so no wada rules. If Walsh passes the drug test (given disruption with covid it possibly passes through his system by the time they get to him) it’ll just be nrl sanctions, not wada

it’s actualy occurred to me that now the dopey shit is ineligible for rookie of the year. This was the first time our club had a shot at it! Granted it’s probably walker who stitches it up but I am no longer forgiving 😂

Reactions: Worried2Death

Jaffa J

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 22, 2020
Only if he tests positive. Think it was same with proctor /Bromwich. They didn’t actually test positive so no wada rules. If Walsh passes the drug test (given disruption with covid it possibly passes through his system by the time they get to him) it’ll just be nrl sanctions, not wada

it’s actualy occurred to me that now the dopey shit is ineligible for rookie of the year. This was the first time our club had a shot at it! Granted it’s probably walker who stitches it up but I am no longer forgiving 😂
He was already ineligible because of suspensions

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings