Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
I’d sack him. Let him know there’s repercussions for his actions regardless of his age and also set the tone and standard with one swift swipe across the club letting everyone know that the Warriors don’t stand for this shit.

But it won’t happen and I’ll get crucified for this comment.

Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
Lol in possession of cocaine on his first week away from his minders while his young partner and infant baby are at home. Not even enough brains to rack some lines and let someone else hold the bag and worse yet he comes back to the scene where the cops told him to move on earlier carrying the fucking bag!!

Ladies and gentleman we have a special one on our hands!! Imagine him Evans and lodge on a night out. Walsh carry’s the drugs, Lodge breaks into peoples houses and Evans folds all the cu**s inside yaaaaaaaay!!!
Ladies & Gentlemen.
Look what we have here.....Grows Pot, smokes Crake & plays with Ice... the 1st Grade Bag carrier hahaha "Amen"

That's as close as you'll get to a game on any given Day!

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Lol in possession of cocaine on his first week away from his minders while his young partner and infant baby are at home. Not even enough brains to rack some lines and let someone else hold the bag and worse yet he comes back to the scene where the cops told him to move on earlier carrying the fucking bag!!

Ladies and gentleman we have a special one on our hands!! Imagine him Evans and lodge on a night out. Walsh carry’s the drugs, Lodge breaks into peoples houses and Evans folds all the cu**s inside yaaaaaaaay!!!
Just like this Forum, we take all comers! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Rick O'Shay

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
The New Zealand Warriors cheerleading squad is having pre-season practice in the hope that the Warriors will be able to play at Mt Smart in 2022.

The Golden Rule the squad want all the cheerleaders to follow and they will be implementing for 2022 is "Do NOT Use Any Music That Uses The Riff From 'Mr Brownstone'. Or any other riff from any other songs about drugs."

After thorough investigation of songs used in cheerleader routines and their connections to drug use, the cheerleading squad are considering performing to Enya next season. Although they're double checking her Gaelic lyrics just to make sure she passes muster...

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia

Walsh breaks down while admitting responsibility

Walsh broke down on a Zoom call on Sunday afternoon with his manager and the club's chief executive.
"This is solely on me. I should never have done it. It's a mistake that I've made and I'm aware of that. I'm remorseful and should never have done it," he said.
He admitted to being in possession of a small bag of cocaine.
"I was told by officers last night to move on. I didn't move on, which led to me getting arrested and taken back to the police station. Once I got back to the police station I was searched and I was in possession of a small bag of cocaine which I had some of during the night."
Warriors chief executive Cameron George said Walsh had been charged and would undergo drug and alcohol counselling.
"We don't condone this behaviour so we'll continue to work through this situation with the NRL integrity unit and also our club in terms of sanctioning processes, but as it stands now he's been charged on one count of possession of a prohibited substance and will attend court in mid-October," he said.
"It hurts the kid. He's learning. He's been exposed into a very big arena that carries a lot of responsibility and pressure. However, none of that is an excuse for Reece, which he established this morning."
Unable to crack it for the Broncos' top 30, Walsh signed a deal to join the Warriors in March and was given an early release to head there immediately.
Warriors coach Nathan Brown shifted captain and superstar fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to accommodate Walsh and the young gun responded in kind, scoring nine tries and setting up 11 others from 16 appearances.
It was enough for [COLOR=var(--link-text,var(--colour-assistant))]Queensland coach Paul Green to call him up for a State of Origin debut
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06...e-walsh-in-queensland-maroons-squad/100229924 after just seven games, although [COLOR=var(--link-hover,var(--link-text,var(--colour-assistant)))]Walsh never played after suffering an injury the day before the game[/COLOR].[/COLOR]
He has claimed the Rugby League Players Association's Rookie of the Year Award last weekend and was a contender to take home the Dally M rookie honours tomorrow night, but he will not be attending.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
I’d sack him. Let him know there’s repercussions for his actions regardless of his age and also set the tone and standard with one swift swipe across the club letting everyone know that the Warriors don’t stand for this shit.

But it won’t happen and I’ll get crucified for this comment.
If it was Evan’s who got done , they would have sacked him . Same probably applies to a player such as Murchie

Tim burgess

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2012
If it was Evan’s who got done , they would have sacked him . Same probably applies to a player such as Murchie
To sack him that would be my initial reaction. But given his age, family background it isn't the right answer.

In addition to the court case, NRL penalties the club will apply further sanctions. I'm glad someone has arranged for counselling because it's support he needs.

However, part of the clubs sanctions could be another discretion and its the sack.

Reactions: Geoff Public

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
My two cents…
I actually used to run a club in surfers in the early 2000s which was owned by a couple of footy guys- u name a player from that time and I’ve seen them off their head.
Plenty of lessons to be learned here for the young fella and if it means he makes better choices moving forward this could all be a blessing in disguise.

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
My comment on legalizing it wasnt because everyone does it more that more harm is done through prohibition than if there was a regulated industry and issues were treated through health outcomes. I dont want to do it but I like a beer and growing up I saw a lot more violence from drunk people than stoned people so seems hypocritical to make one bunch of people criminals but it's ok for others like me to drink. Do you advocate making drinking illegal?

As for the comment on making DV legal, there is obviously a victim and a crime, in most cases with recreational drugs who is the victim? Society is the victim in terms of cost but the cost is higher because it's not legal regulated so gangs prosper and people dont get help.

I can go with legalised cannabis, cocaine no.

Reactions: Tragic and Defence

pleatedpantspete

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 9, 2012
Well, if the coach keeps yelling at you "I want to see you over the white line!" What are you gonna do?

I've made those before and I have been wrong before, but exactly what's the logical fallacy in this instance? Tragic's argument seemed to me to be exactly what I said "We all do it anyway, so legalise it."..

And I forget to add in my reply to Tragic: It certainly isn't a Storm in a Grand Final...

Walsh will be stood down while he gets the treatment he needs and the Warriors might be able to use his 2022 salary to attract another fullback. Otherwise I see DF or Dallin Watene-Zelezniak at fullback until RW's return.
Some prepositional logic nerd shit that I’m very rusty on now but You’ve made a conclusion from a premise that wasn’t there. Your conclusion assumes tragics premise was conditional( eg if everyone does “something”, “something” should be legal) , which wasn’t the premise. If “lots of people do it” was false, tragic’s premise can still follow but your
Equivelancy won’t, so there’s the error. If tragic had used a conditional (if, then) rather than conjoined the premises, then your Equivelancy would follow.

Reactions: Tragic

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
I really like Walsh and think he’s switched on and intelligent. But he’s a risk taker with no fear and it will get him in trouble.

It shows up in his play and it shows up in his personality.

From the no fear cut out passes to the decision to be our kicker to the pushing and shoving off the ball he starts against guys twice his size. Even the decision to move to Warriors and having a baby at 18… not your typical logical reasoned decision 🤣

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings