Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
Stupid? Yes...incredibly immature, and will he need to pay a price for his actions, of course...but should he be crucified as much as he seems to be by many on here and on social media? No.

As some have alluded to, he's 19, got a big lot of money burning in the back pocket, and comes from a tough family with drug related challenges in the past (correct me if im wrong here). Youd have to be an incredibly strong willed individual to handle all of that on top of being put on the pedestal of being the next big thing.

He has owned it quickly which has helped control the narrative of the situation to a certain extent (and is the right approach imo), and I just hope his apology and remorse is a genuine one. For some reason I feel (and its purely a hunch) that it is genuine, especially in comparison to some of the other dickhead players that have rolled out apologies in the past.

It will show his true character how he handles the next 12mths or so.

My biggest disappointment about this is that he has a young daughter who he should be at home with supporting, cause god knows my mrs wouldnt let me out of the house for the first 6mths of our daughters life, let alone at da club letting rip.

In summary, - I think its dumb and immature, rather than entitled and arrogant. In my mind I have been comparing it to Proctor and Bromwich after they were getting after it the night of being hammered in a Kiwis vs Kangaroos test. They couldnt give a shit. But I think Walsh will learn from this...here's hoping.
Do you know his family & his up bringing?...U know nothing.

Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
I note that imported players such as Lodge, Evan’s and Walsh got sent off and arrested - the family / nice guy type culture is changing as they’re based in Aussie and have more Aussies in the team.
I believe there is work to be done here by the Warriors.
If it’s drugs , then this is bad.
Unfortunately, it's Not only Aussie culture, it's world wide....coke

Pukekohe_hard

Waterboy
Apr 18, 2018
No big deal it was only a baggy in the off season. Just a shame he got caught because it’s a bad look for the club. Pretty standard for people his age to be dabbling in drugs. I’m about two years older than Walsh and honestly, I know more people my age that do drugs than not do them. I guarantee half of the nrl is on coke.

Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
No big deal it was only a baggy in the off season. Just a shame he got caught because it’s a bad look for the club. Pretty standard for people his age to be dabbling in drugs. I’m about two years older than Walsh and honestly, I know more people my age that do drugs than not do them.
Maybe not for you, but for NRL Players it's illegal...regardless weather you think it's right or wrong..

Pukekohe_hard

Waterboy
Apr 18, 2018
Maybe not for you, but for NRL Players it's illegal...regardless weather you think it's right or wrong..
I don’t think it’s right or wrong. I just don’t think people should come down hard on him and act like he’s some bad guy when he’s done something quite normal for his age. Seen heaps of comments calling him a drop kick etc..

Hope he learns from this and stays squeaky clean.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017
NRL Rookie of the Year...arrested on coke charges hahaha.... Biggest story for NZ ,& NRL News..
Yeah unfortunately sports journos make huge stories about nothing and know fuck all most of the time. Sensationalism.
But realistically the guys not Pablo escobar, he's a 19 year old.
Let him have some fun ffs

Dixpat

All in the Brown stuff!
Contributor
Feb 3, 2014
Auckland
Yeah unfortunately sports journos make huge stories about nothing and know fuck all most of the time. Sensationalism.
I can see why you have the avatar that you do!

Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
I don’t think it’s right or wrong. I just don’t think people should come down hard on him and act like he’s some bad guy when he’s done something quite normal for his age. Seen heaps of comments calling him a drop kick etc..

Hope he learns from this and stays squeaky clean.
Yep, I agree. Unfortunately, this site seems to love ridiculing Players on here, who are very well deserving, & are great humans...on & off the field...

Spudstar

U20's Player
Jun 17, 2021
Unfortunately it's not a great look when they are trying to get sponsors......but then I wonder if Pablo would take them on...

kiwiborn91

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 6, 2019
Honestly - you’d think being fans of a team there would be a little more support and love and compassion. Not saying anyone needs to condone his actions but bloody hell - the preaching and the high horsing and the venom 😂😂😂

And it’s not just with Reece - it’s every week; Hating on Chanel Harris-Tavita amongst others etc

not saying you can’t critically speak about player performance or comment on what has happened today. But taking a constantly negative approach and one that isn’t overall supportive or looking for the best in someone is nauseating

but that’s what our culture has become online in this social media era.

I’m only going to say one more thing on this and then I’m done. Reece is 19. He’s a human. He has a past and a life we no nothing about. He was out being young and got caught with coke. Is it great? No. Is it the worst thing in the world? Also no. Did he show great maturity, respect and resolve for owning up to it? HELL YEAH. That is more telling than his mistake. Should there be some learnings and repercussions from this? Sure. Should we stick by and support this young guy so he has the inspiration, love and energy to overcome this? HELL YEAH. He’s human. I’m human. You’re all human. So let’s come at thag from this angle.

we are WARRIORS supporters and are best when we stick together so let’s stick by one of our own! Love ya Reece Walsh ❤️🔥

Last edited:

Mr Dragon

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2015
Honestly - you’d think being fans of a team there would be a little more support and love and compassion. Not saying anyone needs to condone his actions but bloody hell - the preaching and the high horsing and the venom 😂😂😂

And it’s not just with Reece - it’s every week; Hating on Chanel Harris-Tavita amongst others etc

not saying you can’t critically speak about player performance or comment on what has happened today. But taking a constantly negative approach and one that isn’t overall supportive or looking for the best in someone is nauseating

but that’s what our culture has become online in this social media era.

I’m only going to say one more thing on this and then I’m done. Reece is 19. He’s a human. He has a past and a life we no nothing about. He was out being young and got caught with coke. Is it great? No. Is it the worst thing in the world? Also no. Did he show great maturity, respect and resolve for owning up to it? HELL YEAH. That is more telling than his mistake. Should there be some learnings and repercussions from this? Sure. Should we stick by and support this young guy so he has the inspiration, love and energy to overcome this? HELL YEAH. He’s human. I’m human. You’re all human. So let’s come at thag from this angle.

we are WARRIORS supporters and are best when we stick together so let’s stick by one of our own! Love ya Reece ❤️🔥
Give us a break, we are old 🤣 At least he didn't get caught under the bed or on the roof, that's bogan shit! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RiceOwl and matiunz

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 9, 2016
Lol in possession of cocaine on his first week away from his minders while his young partner and infant baby are at home. Not even enough brains to rack some lines and let someone else hold the bag and worse yet he comes back to the scene where the cops told him to move on earlier carrying the fucking bag!!

Ladies and gentleman we have a special one on our hands!! Imagine him Evans and lodge on a night out. Walsh carry’s the drugs, Lodge breaks into peoples houses and Evans folds all the cu**s inside yaaaaaaaay!!!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings