Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
We will definitely play Walsh this year. I know Ponga got a game or two with the cowboys first grade before his time at the knights, but Brown won't be scared to give Walsh some game time now.

Whether he is short or not, get him on the wing to get some game time. If they are convinced he is the real deal, he just needs to get on the field. Will be no more a liability than we already have.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Twitter rumours that Paul Turner is on the outer to get Walsh in early (and not Perham as suggested).

Hope this is just twitter BS and not true, otherwise a smart move by the Broncs.
Read an article on Google News that the issue is if Turner were to move he should move to the same position at the Broncos (a top 30 contract).

The Broncos don't have a slot in their top 30.

Paulo24

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 3, 2014
Read an article on Google News that the issue is if Turner were to move he should move to the same position at the Broncos (a top 30 contract).

The Broncos don't have a slot in their top 30.
If this is an oversight, pretty silly one. You could have just blown the confidence of Turner who maybe double guessing his relationship with the club. Get the facts right. PS I think Turner could turn out to be a great ball running 6.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
If we do get Walsh earlier, what are peoples thoughts of replacing Fusitua with him in the same way the Roosters used Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the wing when he first came into FG. He's speed would certainly be an upgrade over Fusitua.
That would be one way to go.

Centre is another option for the youngun since we are short there and the skills are transferable....defence and playing some ball...might be more useful to challenge him a bit.

I have grown weary with the Wing test tube experiments at the Warririors, so many young full back candidates go there and end up being fated to be like an extra on the Star Trek away team...Lockes time on he Wing was wasted...he didn't get much opportunity to do anything outside no pass Tate.

Be amazing if they shifted Rioger to centre and just went for it....

wellyboy

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Jun 1, 2015
If we do get Walsh earlier, what are peoples thoughts of replacing Fusitua with him in the same way the Roosters used Roger Tuivasa-Sheck on the wing when he first came into FG. He's speed would certainly be an upgrade over Fusitua.
Absolutely do it the same way. Im hoping it happens.

Ref

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Rotorua
What needs to be considered is this.
Is Reece Walsh even now more likely to be better than most or all of our other backs.
If the answer is Yes and maybe POS and Brown believe so, then get him out there in his best position.
An 18 year old Sam Walker played like a seasoned veteran last weekend.
I am hoping Reece Walsh can do the same.
I would move Roger to centre.

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015
Is Reece Walsh even now more likely to be better than most or all of our other backs.
If the answer is Yes and maybe POS and Brown believe so, then get him out there in his best position.
Great post

Yes, if his strength is FB don’t waste time teaching him how to play another position . Especially NRL level.

The Walker kid is a great example.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
Great post

Yes, if his strength is FB don’t waste time teaching him how to play another position . Especially NRL level.

The Walker kid is a great example.
The only glearing difference you guys have left out is, walsh is in a warriors system and walker is in a Roosters system, and they are not in the same league so it's it's huge gamble.

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
I don’t mind the strategy- mentioned a while ago you potentially strengthen two positions if he’s a gun player as we’re led to believe.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
If this is an oversight, pretty silly one. You could have just blown the confidence of Turner who maybe double guessing his relationship with the club. Get the facts right. PS I think Turner could turn out to be a great ball running 6.
Firstly I don't want Turner to leave. Just reporting what I read, others have already posted there were rumours Turner was being talked about as moving in the opposite direction. So not sure why my particular post is a problem.

Here is the article. This could of been edited as earlier it said the Broncos didn't have a position in their 30.

Turner is currently in the Warriors top 30 NRL squad and will only agree to the swap should he be given the same status at the Broncos.

Walters and the Broncos do have a position available in the club’s top 30 but like a lot of clubs at the moment are believed to be keeping one spot open.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings