playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Redcliffe and Broncos will be big X town rivals.

I’m not sure if that means that the Cowboys and Gold Coast will become rivals , 2 other Qld sides? Perhaps the Cowboys and Redcliffe Will become rivals and Broncs and Titans will remain rivals?

The Warriors rivalry with the Storm was strong but our inability to win , has seen the rivalry diminish.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
My Dolphins squad.

Coach: Wayne Bennett.

1 J Manu
2 J Asaako
3 T Opacic
4 H Farnworth
5 J Paulo
6 C Munster
7 J Clifford
8 C Hess
9 R Mahoney
10 C Welch
11 F Kaufusi
12 K Koloamatangi
13 J Tapine

14 K Nikorima
15 B H Uele
16 J Ofahanguae
17 C Horsburgh

18 D Fusitua
19 A Taylor
20 K Lawton
21 T Milne
23 B Nikora
24 T Mikaele
25 L Timm

26 T Fuller
37 J Nikorima
28 T Sailor
28 K Kepu
30 P Kepu

Reactions: Worried2Death

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
My Dolphins squad.

1 J Manu
2 J Asaako
3 T Opacic
4 H Farnworth
5 J Paulo
6 C Munster
7 J Clifford
8 C Hess
9 R Mahoney
10 C Welch
11 F Kaufusi
12 K Koloamatangi
13 J Tapine

14 K Nikorima
15 B H Uele
16 J Ofahanguae
17 C Horsburgh

18 D Fusitua
19 A Taylor
20 K Lawton
21 T Milne
23 B Nikora
24 T Mikaele
25 L Timm

26 T Fuller
37 J Nikorima
28 T Sailor
28 K Kepu
30 P Kepu
That's a top eight side. No way they field a team that good in their first year. Remember the Titans first few years.

They'll have one marquee player that they'll pay massive overs for, probably Munster. The rest will be role players.

Also how dare you suggest we lose the Kepu twins.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
My Dolphins squad.

1 J Manu
2 J Asaako
3 T Opacic
4 H Farnworth
5 J Paulo
6 C Munster
7 J Clifford
8 C Hess
9 R Mahoney
10 C Welch
11 F Kaufusi
12 K Koloamatangi
13 J Tapine

14 K Nikorima
15 B H Uele
16 J Ofahanguae
17 C Horsburgh

18 D Fusitua
19 A Taylor
20 K Lawton
21 T Milne
23 B Nikora
24 T Mikaele
25 L Timm

26 T Fuller
37 J Nikorima
28 T Sailor
28 K Kepu
30 P Kepu
Take those Kepu's off your list you fkn maniac, stacked team otherwise, all realistic targets. I think they'll get off to a faster start than the Tits ever did, more like the Broncs when they came in. Instant superclub with Bennet running it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
That's a top eight side. No way they field a team that good in their first year. Remember the Titans first few years.

They'll have one marquee player that they'll pay massive overs for, probably Munster. The rest will be role players.

Also how dare you suggest we lose the Kepu twins.
I don't want to lose the twins no fucken way but Bennett can be a massive selling point.

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I don't want to lose the twins no fucken way but Bennett can be a massive selling point.
They signed until end of 2021 season. So I expect they'll be re-signed for at least two years to keep them out of reach from Redcliffe. Will be on development contracts next year I'd imagine and will likely debut in the second half of next year.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
There was talk about this on NRL360 and PK pointed out that the Melbourne Storm had a fair bit of help when assembling their 1998 roster. Namely, the demise of the Perth Reds, South Queensland Crushers and Hunter Mariners, which put some pretty decent players on the market. I'm not sure if things got as far as the NRL "suggesting" (ie "you shall do this" said through a benign smile but gritted teeth) certain players signed with the Storm, but I imagine certain encouraging noises were made.

And it worked, whatever the NRL did, as the Storm won the Big Dance in 1999. Not that Melbourne folk cared a hell of a lot.

So, with Redcliffe, will any players from the less financially viable Sydney clubs be given the same hints? For instance, the salary cap for off-field staff, just how strictly is that and/or the players salary cap going to be followed and enforced or is there some "Well, look offically you're over the cap for 2023 with what you're proposing, but if you can get the cap under control by 2025, well, gee, nothing to see here, right, cobber?" chat going on.

After all, not a good look for your fancy expansion team to bomb out for their first two seasons, is it?

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Anyone else concerned that we are using the Redcliffe base as our training facility…. Our players are right there for the picking!
Someone posted earlier that Nikorima, Taylor and Lodge are the prime targets. Think that was a good observation.

Can easily see that especially with the first two wanting to stay in Queensland. All 3 will depend on how Bennett thinks of them. He may poach guys he has coached more recently as well.

The Taylor club option might make him a bit safer but its still a one year deal. Can see him and Nikorima leaving, it might not be to the Dolphins.

Haven't heard much on where Lodge would prefer to live. Hopefully he loves being part of a front row combination with Addin Fonua-Blake and decides to stay. I think of the 3 losing him will be the harder one to take seeing as we have been waiting for more power up front.

Its not just the Dolphins its also the other clubs needing to strengthen their squads after they have lost players to the Dolphins. There will be a downstream effect.

Reactions: Rizzah and Juju

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Read an article they are looking at Bennett for a 3 year contract. He's already 72 years old and 2023 is still a few years away.

He's already well past retirement age. Mind you so have the last two American presidents, wait maybe not the best example.

You would expect with just his name there at the club, that they will be able to put together a good roster over the next few years. However, he's not known for future proofing clubs, and the teams he leave seem to crumble almost instantly when he goes.

The way Wayne is, I don't think he would like a coaching directors role, even though at his age and for future proofing the club, that would probably be the best way forward. He's all or nothing generally.

All things considered, he would be the best man to get a club going, even at his age. Also buys into the anti Broncos thing, which will divide fans nicely. They would need a clear succession plan in place, but that shouldn't be hard.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Really interesting article on zero tackle with Hugh McGahans views around an 18th team that’s already being floated. With many Aussie pundits leaning towards a Perth or another Aussie team, another kiwi is sounding a real possibility. It had been the Southern Orcas being the team that was sounding a chance, playing out of Wellington but McGahan believes there’s an opportunity staring them in the face by linking up with the most successful super rugby franchise, the crusaders and have the 18th team playing out of Canterbury. Worth a read anyway.

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Read an article they are looking at Bennett for a 3 year contract. He's already 72 years old and 2023 is still a few years away.

He's already well past retirement age. Mind you so have the last two American presidents, wait maybe not the best example.
Remember he’s coaching the side not playing in it 👍🏾

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings