General Recuiting in the pacific.

numbnutsnz_old

Does anyone know what sort of recruiting the Warriors do overseas? Im constantly hearing of young kiwi players getting poached early but dont hear of many young overseas signing by the warriors.

I bring this up because im in Fiji right now and looking around, I have seen a lot of big Ukuma sized lads walking round. I have also seen a few street games of footy and these kids have skills. Do we make any effort to recruit overseas or just rely on what we have in our own back yard?

Last edited by a moderator:

facefacts_old

Does anyone know what sort of recruiting the Warriors do overseas? Im constantly hearing of young kiwi players getting poached early but dont hear of many young overseas signing by the warriors.

I bring this up because im in Fiji right now and looking around, I have seen a lot of big Ukuma sized lads walking round. I have also seen a few street games of footy and these kids have skills. Do we make any effort to recruit overseas or just rely on what we have in our own back yard?

Ackland mentioned in an interview on radio sport on monday, that one of his favourite things about coaching the 20's was
New Zealands immigration policy, because it gives him such easy access to all those monstrous polynesian boys.