Sports Rugby World Cup 2023

The decline in union supporters trash talking has probably got alot to do with the decline in results of the ABs, they can't really throw alot of mud after losing a home series against Ireland and a home test against Argentina among other woeful performances.

The decline in union supporters trash talking has probably got alot to do with the decline in results of the ABs, they can't really throw alot of mud after losing a home series against Ireland and a home test against Argentina among other woeful performances.
They have been shite before.

During the season watching my nephew play for his 2nd XV School team who won the whole competition but lost just 1 pre season game, they played better than the All Blacks have done in the last 2-3 games.

They played forward dominant, and also very strong on attack, and most of this team has been together since year 9, and the whole 3 years they've played together they've won all their games, which is why there is talk that once they all get to year 13, in two years time, the coaches and the school, they play for Kings College, want to send the team to Europe to play some games there. That's a big deal. They even did better than the 1st XV.

At least the All Blacks have held onto the Bledisloe Cup for the last twenty years. That's the one trophy they have kept for so long.

The Crusaders would dominate the ruck and why they win. All Blacks playing like the blues.

Need to play Will Jordan at Fullback. Mackenzie has more flair and probably needs to be at 10. Christie is a solid half but not an international half. Need Roi in there.

Not sure what to do with forwards if we can't win a scrum...

1694246620825.jpeg

It is going to get tougher to win the World Cup now that some of the other countries have got strong club competitions.

The French have a good competition to choose form. Their guys will be getting a lot of competitive football. Same with the English and Irish players.

The way Super Rugby is going it won't help our guys. We have also had a strong side that dominates locally, not multiple strong sides. Typically a lot of big score getting racked up. Even when they had it good a few years ago with more local derbies there were complaints that they were playing too much hard football. The issue was more the smaller amount of teams.

Meh… the hosts always open world cups and always win. The have more to play for than the visitors who are building into the comp.

Spain lost the first game in the woman’s football World Cup a month ago and won the whole thing.

But man, the All Blacks have fallen back to the pack since covid.

I have been a rugby fan for almost my entire life. Fantastic memories watching the 95 World Cup with my Dad, waking up during the night to watch Lomu destroy people. I don’t think too much about the final but that was super heart breaking.

Fast forward to just after the two world cups that we won I started to lose interest in the game, and I think the game now is super boring to watch. Lots of stoppages, boring kick battles, scrum resets, playing for penalties and yellow / red cards having major impacts on the game.

I watched the All Blacks vs France at the pub, and I think in the second half we just talked about other things and drank beer.

Not sure really the point of this post was but to share my views, Rugby League is the number 1 sport as it’s a much better product to watch.

Meh… the hosts always open world cups and always win. The have more to play for than the visitors who are building into the comp.

Spain lost the first game in the woman’s football World Cup a month ago and won the whole thing.

But man, the All Blacks have fallen back to the pack since covid.
Didn't South Africa thrash them?

And Rugger fans is South Africa the favorites? woulda thought they would be up there after giving the blacks a hiding.

I might watch a game this time.

Actually just checked the draw, nothing to see there, Namibia lol Italy lol Uruguay lol

Defo gonna have to wait for the knock out round.

Gee 27 years of never seeing a union game will end this year, be interesting to see how the sport has changed.

Last edited:

And Rugger fans is South Africa the favorites? woulda thought they would be up there after giving the blacks a hiding.

Not sure which one to pick, only got one in me, brain can't handle the torture of dudes lying on top of each other.
I would wait for the quarter finals.

Odds are that we either play Ireland or South Africa

I would wait for the quarter finals.

Odds are that we either play Ireland or South Africa
Cheers.
I watched my first Cricket match through one of these threads during the world cup after reading dudes excitement about it.
Was good too.

Hopefully South Africa, the last team I saw when I stopped watching.

I've brought up this channel previously. Squide Rugby. He breaks down rugby a lot better than a lot of our journalists who just throw out adjectives or cliches. Not what is happening on the field.

He breaks down the tactics well. The different pod systems teams use.

He even go a stuff article about him this morning. Have a read of this and then if your are interested check out some of his videos. I found a few decent for league but they need a bit more production improvements.

Actually just checked the draw, nothing to see there, Namibia lol Italy lol Uruguay lol

Defo gonna have to wait for the knock out round.

Gee 27 years of never seeing a union game will end this year, be interesting to see how the sport has changed.
France and Ireland have been the favourites and form teams last 2+ years with South Africa making a late charge last couple of months. Yes SA beat us solidly a couple of weeks back but we also beat them convincingly about a month before that.
ABs are probably around 4th favourites for this edition ahead of a couple of outside chances in England/Scotland and possibly Aus as they have an extremely soft draw, NZ/SA/Ireland and France are on the same side of the draw meaning only 2 of the top 4 Ranked teams can progress past the 1/4 finals.
First up loss particularly to the home team whilst isn’t good it’s not the end of the world either, SA won the 2019 RWC after losing to us in pool play, France made to 2011 RWC final after losing to us in pool play.
Whilst still a chance we are probably in our worst position form wise going into the cup so most aren’t expecting an All Blacks win possibly for the first time ever

Back