Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Wonder if there was any truth to us looking at a player from a Sydney team? If we were to keep Niukore as a middle forward, I think Angus Chrichton is someone we should look at for an edge and can play a bit in the middle. Off contract at the end of the year and looks to have gotten over the bad effects of magic mushrooms and playing well, travelled with CHT too amongst others. Came out the other day and said he’d like test himself outside his comfort zone and open to joining a team that are challenging for a title. Was great yesterday, eels and dragons apparently after his signature
I thought that would have been Jett, but I can't remember if it was mentioned that it would be another forward.

I thought that would have been Jett, but I can't remember if it was mentioned that it would be another forward.
[IMG alt="Gumby"]https://sharksforever.com/data/avatars/m/4/4474.jpg?1661916706[/IMG]

Gumby

Jaws​

Wow

Warriors fans will be happy with that with AFB going.
Word is they’re still chasing 1 more prop from a Sydney based team. They’re not finished yet.

This was the post off the sharks forum on the day JFH signed

With the way Marata is going is it possible to get his weight back down by June to play second row again? I'd rather have an enforcer than having $750K sitting on the sideline for at least half a season, maybe Ford to the bench as impact player but he can play for Capewell who's injury prone anyway.

Then another prop makes sense, hope Barney stays

We have had a problem at the 20min mark in all our games, feeding control to leaking a lot of points.
It’s been obvious that once AFB leaves the field, and Barney to an extent we loose the midfield duel, also as opposition teams bring on new ‘Big’ fresh bodies.
Sharks and Manly games stand out here, Hazelton for the Sharks destroyed us, Tof Sipley did the same for Manly.
It’s a big issue of our game style ( without mentioning our wingers flying in Willy nillly and missing everything)
JFH will add starch to the side but is not a big meter eater in the AFB mould. However his arrival still won’t solve the 20min interchange issue.

We have had a problem at the 20min mark in all our games, feeding control to leaking a lot of points.
It’s been obvious that once AFB leaves the field, and Barney to an extent we loose the midfield duel, also as opposition teams bring on new ‘Big’ fresh bodies.
Sharks and Manly games stand out here, Hazelton for the Sharks destroyed us, Tof Sipley did the same for Manly.
It’s a big issue of our game style ( without mentioning our wingers flying in Willy nillly and missing everything)
JFH will add starch to the side but is not a big meter eater in the AFB mould. However his arrival still won’t solve the 20min interchange issue.
That's where we've been missing Bunty, he gets alot of shit for his attacking output but his defence when he comes on gets overlooked way too much.

We missed Walker+Barney coming off the bench for attacking intensity like last year

This year it's Walker+Marata who are both struggling with injuries

Hope Walker+Zyon Maiu’u at 20min and Ale for Bunty like D will fix it

Under contract for another year but how valuable would Erin Clark be on our bench right about now? A lot better impact & versality from the bench than a Lussick/Roache
Erin certainly provides punch when he comes on
I suggested a week ago a nice second row would be Isaiah Papalili and Erin
He has going great for Titans this year

Jarrod Wallace? Not getting game time, experienced, hard nose front rower. Could do a lot worse.
IMG_5639.jpeg

Not sure if this info around his contract details has already been shared.
Also not sure about the "starred" part. This season he played 7 times, scored 2 tries, kicked 6 out of 8 goals & his side was victorious just twice when he played. Won their other 2 games without him.
Screenshot_20240426_150619_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:
For this year bro, during an injury depletion to our mids. Could be a good idea, don’t you think?
Im not sure why a player would want to uproot his family to another country for 5 months on same pay.

Or we would have the cap space available to fit him in. He was on around 600k at Titans wasnt he. Would expect he had a payrise to goto Dolphins. Even say hes on 600k and already paid half of that for the year (starts nov), we would need to have 300k cap space available (which i doubt). We cant sign someone and pay them more than their current existing contract, esp till end of the year.

Only way a player based in Aus would come to NZ is if they get longer term security, ie more years/more pay after their existing contract runs out ie Capewell, Walker etc.

Last edited: