General NSW Cup 2024

Here are some interesting numbers

NSW Cup 2024
Zyon Maiu’u 4 Games 328 metres 82 metres per game 90.2% tackle efficiency
TSS 6 Games 489 metres 81 metres per game 91% tackle efficienct
From the limited game time I’ve seen, I have TSS over Zyon Maiu’u. Zyon Maiu’u more impact but TSS bigger motor and more reliable.

Bro, What do you make of Sio Kali? That kid has the it factor. Needs to fill out that frame tho. He is surprisingly tall. Looks about the same height as Kosi?? Or am i seeing things lol
A few silly mistakes, youthful exuberance but he looks frighteningly good for one so young. So good to see some decent junior talent that’s been lost to Oz since that feckin bat flu

Are there rules against players who have played first grade that week to play NSW?

Zyon Maiu’u had 15 odd minutes on a Thursday. I would assume that him getting another 30 mins from the Bench for NSW on a Saturday would be doable but I don't know the rules.

Are there rules against players who have played first grade that week to play NSW?

Zyon Maiu’u had 15 odd minutes on a Thursday. I would assume that him getting another 30 mins from the Bench for NSW on a Saturday would be doable but I don't know the rules.
It has definitely happened before. I think it's just a load management thing.
If a player can play origin on Weds and club Friday/Saturday, then I'm sure Zyon Maiu’u will be fine.

Stats from last weekend show that Farr didn't kicked in play at all. Hanson gained 41m (less than Setu Tu) & Tuaupiki 467m!
More halves that are reluctant kickers, to go alongside TMM & Metcalf, is a concern going forward
I thought Metcalf had made big strides in developing his kicking game in his limited appearances this year.

I wouldnt risk it, considering the Injury's we have in the front row
He'sgonna be important for us & in for a big couple of weeks before anyone else returns back.

Taine had a mean game last week looked a level above, he kicked, ball played, and was always in a good position at fullback
Scored a try too.

He was just starting to gel with RTS and looking more comfortable in directions along side SJ.
Shame he was injured and that has put us back into another learning curve.
It must be hard to get many 5th tackle plays alongside SJ but he had returns of 50m, 13m, 64m & 31m (although just 9 mins) before the latest injury. While we did score off one of his bombs earlier in the year he's had no Forced Drop outs in his 23 matches to date.
Probably a bit harsh of me to put him in the same category as TMM, as I believe it's a skill it seems he actively wants to develop, but he's still got a long way to go in that department

It's quite obviously a game plan thing for SJ to do the bulk of the kicking, I'm not sure why people think changing the 6 would change that.

It must be hard to get many 5th tackle plays alongside SJ but he had returns of 50m, 13m, 64m & 31m (although just 9 mins) before the latest injury. While we did score off one of his bombs earlier in the year he's had no Forced Drop outs in his 23 matches to date.
Probably a bit harsh of me to put him in the same category as TMM, as I believe it's a skill it seems he actively wants to develop, but he's still got a long way to go in that department
Yeah mate. Hasn't played a lot of NRL and needs more time.
Has a lot of potential having been through the Aussie system. Halves are very scarce as we know

He's got a huge few weeks coming up in the nrl, I would let him just get his head around that. He was good on debut so I think he goes again.

Some of the NSW Cup players could force their way into the first grade side this weekend - a lot to play for
Eddie Ieremia-Toeava is still a bit raw. But boy, That kid has so much potential. We all talk about Halasima & Sifakula. But young Eddie after a full season with the big boys could be anything next year. Sio Kali too. The future looking so good for our club. If we can keep them all.