Team List Rd 9: Warriors V Doggies (saturday 11-05)

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Fish played well in spells but he just gives up when things aren't going his way.

Moz

Moz

well there are more than a few in the team that could have been accused of that at different periods during games throughout the year

Reactions: 1 user
Bluecat again

Bluecat again

I don't understand how we went from such promise in the first half to....that. The dogs didn't exactly play any better, we just let them in.

It was a good game to be at, great crowd. Lol'd at the guy who got kicked out. The red out stuff was lame as. Still, great atmosphere, even when the doggies were getting ahead. The crowd were really giving it to Reynolds when he scored, he was pretty much right in front of where I was sitting. Cheeky little shite.

Mate, you must have been near us in the stand. It was a fantastic atmosphere eh? A decent mexican wave, a streaker, a couple of little niggles in the crowd to keep everyone excited, and real footy out on the field. I thought the turning point was when Graham came on. You could see the Dogs lift a bit and the room they needed to operate started to appear. But the Warriors should have had the game. We wasted so much possession with rubbish kicks and bad options. In the first half Barba took a couple of catches in front of us and there wasn't a Warrior insight. Everyone knew that the Dogs were coming for the Warriors and it was only a matter of time in the second half. And I think that included the Warriors too. One thing that I did pick up on last night. After the game the only player I saw who took time to walk along the touchline and applaud the home crowd? Michael Ennis. And a nice touch too. Shame the home team couldn't thank their fans for forking out for tickets and making time to come and watch

Reactions: 1 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Mate, you must have been near us in the stand. It was a fantastic atmosphere eh? A decent mexican wave, a streaker, a couple of little niggles in the crowd to keep everyone excited, and real footy out on the field. I thought the turning point was when Graham came on. You could see the Dogs lift a bit and the room they needed to operate started to appear. But the Warriors should have had the game. We wasted so much possession with rubbish kicks and bad options. In the first half Barba took a couple of catches in front of us and there wasn't a Warrior insight. Everyone knew that the Dogs were coming for the Warriors and it was only a matter of time in the second half. And I think that included the Warriors too. One thing that I did pick up on last night. After the game the only player I saw who took time to walk along the touchline and applaud the home crowd? Michael Ennis. And a nice touch too. Shame the home team couldn't thank their fans for forking out for tickets and making time to come and watch
Do you really think the crowd wanted to see the Warriors players. They would have been pissed at the fact they had paid to see yet another cop out.

KPWarrior

Oh c'mon, the whole event was an overwhelming success surely? We took a home game out of town, 30k+ fans turned up to see a great game of footy, another few thousand die hard fans forked out more of their hard earned $$ for yet another bullshit meaningless jersey to commemorate fuck all, we ran out to 16-0 lead and everyone had a great time, we're on to a winner here surely!

eamon

eamon

Oh c'mon, the whole event was an overwhelming success surely? We took a home game out of town, 30k+ fans turned up to see a great game of footy, another few thousand die hard fans forked out more of their hard earned $$ for yet another bullshit meaningless jersey to commemorate fuck all, we ran out to 16-0 lead and everyone had a great time, we're on to a winner here surely!
bloody nice jersey though. I didn't get one coz of the price. Bloody outrageous!!

mode81

mode81

I know he's greatly admired but Matulino's lost his mojo, the sooner he finds some aggression the better our pack will be as for now he's been coasting through the season contributing sweet fuck all, have a beer mate that's what you need buddy.

Reactions: 4 users

Xfactor

I know he's greatly admired but Matulino's lost his mojo, the sooner he finds some aggression the better our pack will be as for now he's been coasting through the season contributing sweet fuck all, have a beer mate that's what you need buddy.
He was only ever really aggressive on defence bro. His shoulder used to put the fear of God into even the biggest opponent.

Like the biblical Samson, the NRL bastards cut off his hair!

HornbyBrown

HornbyBrown

Apart from Packer I think our whole proping rotation has lost it's mojo. Which is weird because go back a couple years ago and I thought Packer was the weak link.

Lillyman stinks and yeah Muts just seems to be going threw the motions.

InsideBall

InsideBall

Lillyman had a couple of really great runs... but then that's it. We need our props to consistently make great runs; as in, every time they hit up the ball, getting 10+ metres. Unfortunately our forwards just lack the size to compete with, what has to be the biggest pack in the game... T-Rex, Kasiano, Pritchard, Graham and Tolman, even their kids Finucane and Jackson are big - that is just a ridiculous, ridiculous sized pack. I don't know how true the rumour was about that huge guy playing Union in France, the one that swatted Johnny Wilkinson like he was literally a child. That is the kind of size we need. Imagine that coming off the bench, it would terrify opposition teams.

OMG

OMG

Apart from Packer I think our whole proping rotation has lost it's mojo. Which is weird because go back a couple years ago and I thought Packer was the weak link.

Lillyman stinks and yeah Muts just seems to be going threw the motions.

Packer=Prop, Sammy=Prop,13??? Ben=2nd rower/Prop Jake =2nd rower/Prop, We have 2 for real Props, 1 good 2nd rower and 1 2nd rower whose potential and earning capacity is being crucified at prop who can moonlight as Props, Matangi looked like a for real Prop from my limited vision of him,
Russell and Sammy play structured football which is why you have seen there metres regularly under 100m, You should play how you train, when running game situations at training there is an even distribution of work, you don't have people taking 2 or even 3 hit ups a set, more than one reason for this, my main one is the amount energy you will exert in taking those 2 hit ups will affect the amount of energy you have on defence, everything should be balanced. There are plenty of hard working big metre eaters out there just ask Paul Gallen how it feels to watch grand final after grand final or lose state of origin after state of origin.
No one ever says maybe if Gallen hadn't been so greedy and waste that tackle, they look at the output and think oohh that's wonderful, but what if someone more skilled had had the opportunity that Gallen took from his team through his ball greedyness, You don't train that shit, you train to play as a team with an even work load and that's where you find consistency, some smart Men made our game 80 minutes long, you'll know what I am talking about if you have ever played 80mins in the pack.

Reactions: 1 users