Team List Rd 9: Warriors V Doggies (saturday 11-05)

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Wanting to be the coach of this team being the strangest!
yes, but I guess from the outside looking in you see all the potential and lack of structure and gameplans and you think to yourself, all they need is some coaching - and I can do that. Then you get the job and all the little things you didn't realise come out of the woodwork. The refs calls,uh oh, not actually a myth. Can't attract good players, uh oh, not actually a myth. A great nursery of talent, uh oh, actually a myth as they don't have the basics. and uh oh my wingers don't know how to defend and my kickers cant kick for position and possesion and my monster warriors forward pack that are like Gorillas holding a pineapple are also a myth. Must look very inviting from the outside. Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly....

Reactions: 5 users
Eva

Eva

Had a great time at the game. Ended up losing my voice though. Was gutted for the boys, seeing them walk off the field with their heads hanging. Only just watching the replay now since I wasn't able to catch everything at the game. I loved the Fish and his positioning, he communicated a lot in the first half. A few dodgy calls, a few stupid mistakes. The boys didn't play for the full 80 which seems to be the norm for this year. Was pretty awesome seeing Lowie go around the crowd at the end of the game and give his headgear away to someone and Frank Pritchard tossed his shoes into the crowd...haha Proud of the crowd too!! Hopefully Welly get's another game :)

Reactions: 2 users

Xfactor

True, but if he didnt he would have been in part time employment or none at all.
None at all probably looks like heaven to him right now!

Anyway, back on topic, injuries aside he probably needs to select the best team HE thinks is available and just stick with it for awhile. Consistency is not something this team is familiar with as last year was a regular carousel of selections. Combinations and trust take time to evolve!

Mathew Elliott is certainly not the best league coach in existence, but I do believe he is more than capable of helping our club become regular serious contenders.

Reactions: 1 user
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Next week it will be Laumape in for Carlos and probably Steve back again if hes available.

BiggerD

BiggerD

Watched the game in a Sydney Pub with Doggies supporters everywhere.

How do I describe tonights game.. Heart wrenching... so many postive signs in the first half.
Fantastic trys..

The Run down..up by 16
then down by 10

It must be a Stamina issue as one doggie said to me..

It's all to comon for the Warriors to be leading at 1/2 time,
onlly to get rundown in the home straight.

Ben Henry played out of his skin

Manu was awesome

as was Russell Packer...

I had to go away in a corner somewhere & listen to some Sal Dub.

Warriorholic

Warriorholic

Was at the game tonight, first 40 was blah, no one watched the second half, wellington was just there for the sake of it. Warriors showed no heart and the crowd let them know big time. Doggies supporters were top notch, I think every doggies supporters second team was the warriors, great night out, but what a useless bunch of c**** the warriors are this year.............

Beefcake

Beefcake

Is reffing that is purposely bad towards the warriors actually a problem anymore? Was it ever?

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Was at the game tonight, first 40 was blah, no one watched the second half, wellington was just there for the sake of it. Warriors showed no heart and the crowd let them know big time. Doggies supporters were top notch, I think every doggies supporters second team was the warriors, great night out, but what a useless bunch of c**** the warriors are this year.............
Completely disagree about the crowd..they were well into it. Most seemed to have one of the thousand recent warriors jerseys on. Tried to get the team to lift with cries of Warriors in the 2nd half only for someone to knock the ball on or give away a penalty that would kill the chanting!
The Warriors were poor in that 2nd half...even $30 for 4 small plastic Speights bottles couldn't mask that!!!

Reactions: 2 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

The beers tend to ease the pain.
Also helps when expectations are low.
But people will tell you that drinking to forget makes you an alcoholic. Still, being an alcoholic is a more attractive future than being a Warriors fan.:)[DOUBLEPOST=1368307760][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haha sad ain't it? I use to get depressed for days if not the whole week after a loss. Learnt to cope as you do. I swear when the Warriors finally win a premiership I'm going to weep for weeks at all the suffering I've put up with. Just hope it happens during my lifetime!?!
I'm starting to think that I don't want them to win it. A lot of people tell me that Hell will freeze over before the Warriors win a title. Either the Warriors aren't going to win one, or the world will end inside my lifetime. Hmmm, which to pick?

Hitman82

Hitman82

I understand you are disappointed, and assume that explains your gloomy post haha. Where my crew was, it was going off the whole game. Great atmosphere and loads of passionate fans.
But yes, agreed on how the Warriors are going this year - frustrating to the max.

Tim burgess

Tim burgess

None at all probably looks like heaven to him right now!

Anyway, back on topic, injuries aside he probably needs to select the best team HE thinks is available and just stick with it for awhile. Consistency is not something this team is familiar with as last year was a regular carousel of selections. Combinations and trust take time to evolve!

Mathew Elliott is certainly not the best league coach in existence, but I do believe he is more than capable of helping our club become regular serious contenders.

Their certainly more competive this season, however there is too many of the squad who are not performing up to stratch, injury prone. I.e. Steve raipara or Jerome ropati, or just not upto Nrl standard. Thing is the plays need to be replaced with better players and catch 22 situation, is if better players won't come you have to make do with journeymen players, under 20 development players or from ESL, even then most want to move to Aussie.

Joys of being a coach, I'm sure if we had Bellamy or even Ivan we wouldn't have this issues, for me it comes down to figurehead leading the team will attract the right quality and that's why I'm not struck on Matt Elliot, strange thing is he comes across like a top bloke, not sure why players have not wared to him at Canberra and penrith

Warriorholic

Warriorholic

I appologise for my ranting dribble I posted last night, after long night drinking and a long car ride home I managed to have enough functions to operate a laptop.

It was a great game and a great crowd, loved every minute of it. Well apart from the last 10 but that's a weekly warriors thing

Apus

Apus

I don't understand how we went from such promise in the first half to....that. The dogs didn't exactly play any better, we just let them in.

It was a good game to be at, great crowd. Lol'd at the guy who got kicked out. The red out stuff was lame as. Still, great atmosphere, even when the doggies were getting ahead. The crowd were really giving it to Reynolds when he scored, he was pretty much right in front of where I was sitting. Cheeky little shite.

Hitman82

Hitman82

I appologise for my ranting dribble I posted last night, after long night drinking and a long car ride home I managed to have enough functions to operate a laptop.

It was a great game and a great crowd, loved every minute of it. Well apart from the last 10 but that's a weekly warriors thing

We need to get Khoder Nasser as our manager so we can flick the "game over" switch around the 65 minute mark.

Reactions: 4 users
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Their certainly more competive this season, however there is too many of the squad who are not performing up to stratch, injury prone. I.e. Steve raipara or Jerome ropati, or just not upto Nrl standard. Thing is the plays need to be replaced with better players and catch 22 situation, is if better players won't come you have to make do with journeymen players, under 20 development players or from ESL, even then most want to move to Aussie.

Joys of being a coach, I'm sure if we had Bellamy or even Ivan we wouldn't have this issues, for me it comes down to figurehead leading the team will attract the right quality and that's why I'm not struck on Matt Elliot, strange thing is he comes across like a top bloke, not sure why players have not wared to him at Canberra and penrith

Ivan would do no better, right now. He is able to draw big players, as they are not far away, don't have to move. And with the likes of Phil Gould involved with the club, he gets taken seriously.

From everything I heard, the players at Penrith were very warm to ME, and were upset he was dumped.

Reactions: 1 users
Tim burgess

Tim burgess

Ivan would do no better, right now. He is able to draw big players, as they are not far away, don't have to move. And with the likes of Phil Gould involved with the club, he gets taken seriously.

From everything I heard, the players at Penrith were very warm to ME, and were upset he was dumped.

It's interesting because via media and I remember some tweets at time of his appointment There was plenty of negative comments. As I say he seems top bloke.

Makasene

Makasene

Really dissapointed about the loss.

To be fair, we got monstered by a championship forward pack, it was always on the cards. Plenty of other teams will be steamrolled by this pack this year.

I expect them to get to the Grand Final again if they keep playing like last nights 2nd half, simply unstoppable.

As a Warriors fan it was tough to watch but as a League fan it doesn't really get much better than watching a forward pack eat metres like they're coco-pops at 10 in the morning.​

Moz

Moz

Just watched the game now as had a work function last night what can I say that hasnt been said 'Same old same old' Im hung over as hell so it may impair my judgement but I will try to look for positives.

Ben Henry - has more ticker and drive then 85% of our team combined

Packer - ran hard and aggressively so basically did his job, good boy,why do our forwards seem to take turns firing just wish they could all switch on at the same time for once

Mateo - so transparent every year at the same time he starts rolling up his sleeves and taking on the line upping his physicallity usually bout the time they're selecting the blues

Mannering - new captain please, nuff said.

Fish - impressed the shit out of me and I have never rated him ever, he looked hungry to keep that FB jersey and looked dangerous out there great hopefully Locke can go to 5/8th soon cause Tuimavave is never gonna cut it at 6 in first grade

I dont want to come on here and bang on negatively every week, so Im gonna try and keep it as positive as I can or shut me mouth/keyboard. I just hope we get a couple of hard running fucking uber aggressive, full-sized props soon!!!! I'll take em from ESL and I dont wanna hear they might not be upto NRL standard bullshit, because most of our goddam team cant perform to NRL standard consistently week in week out hell I'd take Ukuma back. Oh well we will beat Ivans Panthers surely...?

Reactions: 5 users