Team List Rd 9: Warriors V Doggies (saturday 11-05)

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

For 70 minutes, I thought Fish was brilliant, but then his instincts on defence kicked in. He couldn't even hide the fact he was jogging, and only put on the pace when he knew it was over. That is exactly why he should only ever get a start at wing. He is not an NRL fullback. At best he is an ESL fullback or an NRL winger.

I assume Carlos was sent out there tonight to get Manu some early ball. He got beaten a few times, but I don't think he was horrible, just a little weak. The fact is, his defence is a step up from Johnson last year, and look how Johnson is defending this year, so there is hope for Carlos.

I thought it was a strange one for ME to pull Godinet off at the end and return Friend. When we need points, you should never put Friend back in to hooker. Godinet provides spark, Friend provides solid defence.

Packer, again was a beast. Perhaps we have our new Beast, now that Manu is going to be a real winger.

Mateo was real good, until he threw that pass at Carlos. He performs best when he doesn't offload.

I'm starting to believe that we need to ditch Lowrie or Mannering. We don't need 2 players the same. They both have epic tackle stats, but both put balls down at inopportune times, or give away foolish penalties to give momentum to the opposition. I would like to see Mannering at 13 with an attacking player at 12. Good spot for Bakuya next year?

I'm getting really sick of this after match downer. Even when we won last week, I wasn't that happy, because they did their usual capitulation.

Reactions: 1 users
Woofa

Woofa

For 70 minutes, I thought Fish was brilliant, but then his instincts on defence kicked in. He couldn't even hide the fact he was jogging, and only put on the pace when he knew it was over. That is exactly why he should only ever get a start at wing. He is not an NRL fullback. At best he is an ESL fullback or an NRL winger.

I assume Carlos was sent out there tonight to get Manu some early ball. He got beaten a few times, but I don't think he was horrible, just a little weak. The fact is, his defence is a step up from Johnson last year, and look how Johnson is defending this year, so there is hope for Carlos.

I thought it was a strange one for ME to pull Godinet off at the end and return Friend. When we need points, you should never put Friend back in to hooker. Godinet provides spark, Friend provides solid defence.

Packer, again was a beast. Perhaps we have our new Beast, now that Manu is going to like a real winger.

Mateo was real good, until he threw that pass at Carlos. He performs best when he doesn't offload.

I'm starting to believe that we need to ditch Lowrie or Mannering. We don't need 2 players the same. They both have epic tackle stats, but both put balls down at inopportune times, or give away foolish penalties to give momentum to the opposition. I would like to see Mannering at 13 with an attacking player at 12. Good spot for Bakuya next year?

I'm getting really sick of this after match downer. Even when we won last week, I wasn't that happy, because they did their usual capitulation.
Well said

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Fish played well from what I could see. Tui had some weak moments but I certainly wouldn't blame him for the loss. My verdict is still we were ground down as a team, due to physically not competing with the massive Bulldogs forwards.

This....easily.

Loathe to blame any individuals. Everyone put in despite the odd error or stupid penalty. 2nd half dominance Kasiano, Graham (huuuge metres), Tolman, Pritchard , Williams, Beastwood fmd what size plus all can ballplay. 40 offloads. Better and bigger team won.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG

OMG

Packer, again was a beast. Perhaps we have our new Beast, now that Manu is going to like a real winger.

Fish made some very good tackles-good leadership would have had his mind on the job

Godinet looks lost in the structure now

Russ was Huge and still probably at 80%

I thought the ball was on, Tuimavave's positioning for that was pathetic for someone that is an alleged playmaker, who puts themselves into a position where they can do nothing when your on attack?, same with the TL pass, check out where he is in relation to Manu. not first grade material unless all the full backs go down, including the 2 in u20s.

Bad Manners is the best 13 behind Benry, no brain really needed there, just play your arse out and it might give the impression that he is the Captain.

Massive massive coaching error not playing Konrad, and I hope it is because he was on the piss last night and not because he was at the Yawnion game.

Reactions: 2 users
Xt1ncT

Xt1ncT

Well wasn't the last 50 minutes underwhelming. Stupid penalties yet again and you have to wonder how three or four players can't tackle the smallest guy on the field.

I thought Fish was excellent, not to blame for any of the tries and put himself in good positions on attack - at least in the first half when we had an attack.

Johnson's kicking in the second half was rubbish. To far every time giving them too much time to catch and restart play.

Gutted after the start but once again we prove we can't play for the whole game and put ourselves in trouble.

Pretty glad Taylor is off - he makes no impact whatsoever.

Hitman82

Hitman82

This....easily.

Loathe to blame any individuals. Everyone put in despite the odd error or stupid penalty. 2nd half dominance Kasiano, Graham (huuuge metres), Tolman, Pritchard , Williams, Beastwood fmd what size plus all can ballplay. 40 offloads. Better and bigger team won.

They had LITERALLY double our offloads, pretty sad considering we have the supposed offload king Martel in our team. And these offloads came from their massive forwards standing chilled as in the tackle while our midgets flailed around their ankles unable to bring them to the ground.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Well wasn't the last 50 minutes underwhelming. Stupid penalties yet again and you have to wonder how three or four players can't tackle the smallest guy on the field.
Have another look at last years Bulldogs games. Literally hundreds of players couldn't tackle the smallest guy on the field.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Oh it still hurts, and I dont support the team any less. Just more mentally prepared for them to screw up.
Sorry to admit it Beefcake but I'm the same. After some of the seasons I've suffered through, nothing surprises me anymore...

Hitman82

Hitman82

still must feel a little disappointing mustn't it?

Yeah I'm the same - I expect this style of loss now. It's natural to get a bit desensitised. Not a question of loyalty or passion, just your emotions adapting to expect disappointment haha. Depressing as

fanrrior

fanrrior

Meh. Some losses hurt me a lot more than others whereas some wins are a lot more enjoyable than others.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
still must feel a little disappointing mustn't it?
For sure but only a little. The days of losses having me head down kicking stones for the rest of the week are long gone. I'm a huge sucker for punishment though so I'll be watching next week and the week after...

Hitman82

Hitman82

For sure but only a little. The days of losses having me head down kicking stones for the rest if the week are long gone. I'm a huge sucker for punishment though so I'll be watching next week and the week after...

Haha I remember those days. Where I wouldn't talk to the girlfriend for the rest of the day because I was in a mad rage. Now I make dry jokes about 10 minutes after the game is over.

Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Haha I remember those days. Where I wouldn't talk to the girlfriend for the rest of the day because I was in a mad rage. Now I make dry jokes about 10 minutes after the game is over.
Haha sad ain't it? I use to get depressed for days if not the whole week after a loss. Learnt to cope as you do. I swear when the Warriors finally win a premiership I'm going to weep for weeks at all the suffering I've put up with. Just hope it happens during my lifetime!?!

Xfactor

How many times in the last 20 or so games have we appeared to be an awesome team, only to go down in a devastating fashion?

WTF is truly wrong here?

The 1st 20 minutes appears to be an all-out assault of skill & passion followed by 60 minutes of dis-belief at what they achieved in the first 20 minutes.

I won't crucify Simon cause he conceded a penalty at an in-opportune time! Name me a Warrior that hasn't done that? I actually gave him my MoM based purely on his workrate and passion, although Henry was every bit his equal imo.

Godinet would be far more effective 10 minutes before & after half time imo, and Konrad would have been much more damaging than Carlos. Don't understand that decision Mathew!

We really, really needed this one people! More importantly, the team needed this one.

3: Mannering/Benry
2: Benry/Mannering
1: Fisiiahi