Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • C

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • F---- :(

Votes: 74 58.7%

• Total voters
The most disappointing part is we've built the wahs hype & support up to a level where we are competing with the All Blacks in popularity in New Zealand. We're never looked so good to future potential signings. Players want to come here. All it takes is several games like this to kill the momentum we've created & we're back to a club the Aussie's love to mock.

Our kick and chase game plan is not the problem. It's effective.

Our issues defensively are absolutely killing us. Pin them for a big defensive set, capped off with a Laban special on Mo - only for DWZ to be beaten for a 70m try.

25 missed tackles in the first half. 79 points leaked in the last 3 games. Can't do shit in this comp with efforts like that.
Agree, this game is all about tackling, you've got our centers falling off tackles like Roco and sj, last year they were both solid and on point defensively, if we can get this right the points will come, got a funny feeling we don't have the right cattle, maybe next year perhaps?

First off congratulations to the Titans. They came over early, took this game seriously.

People posted leading up to the game the amount of points they leak. Well the other thing is they can also score a lot. Too much for us to run down.

When you play a side on a long losing streak you are at risk of being the team they finally beat which is embarrassing or you can inflict more frustration. After last week we should have been inflicting more frustration. Also against teams on losing streaks if you put pressure on them and it gets close you can trip them up as losing isn't a habit. Or they hold on. They held on. We have been in that position ourselves in the past holding on for a long awaited win.

That game was looking pretty similar to last week. Dominate and then the opposition come back and score a lot of points. The only difference this week is we had a bit of a comeback.

Last edited:
Not RTS to 6 but agree that TMM hasn't offered much at all.

He doesnt get the oppurtunity often though but he had two tonight and the kicks were poor but again that was inly because SJ was tackled on the 5th.

you can't tell me they don't practice 5th play options with TMM at training.

Relying too much on SJ.. we are missing Metcalfs spark and speed big time
You'll have to wait till Luke Metcalf recovers then?

The most disappointing part is we've built the wahs hype & support up to a level where we are competing with the All Blacks in popularity in New Zealand. We're never looked so good to future potential signings. Players want to come here. All it takes is several games like this to kill the momentum we've created & we're back to a club the Aussie's love to mock.
We were not terroble. Just our defence. For example we completed at over 90%. Normally that is enough to win.
I do want to get something off my chest. When Tohu did his captaon's challenge they had to stop the clock. If he didn't challenge they only would have gotten one play off the scrum with the clock winding down and we go into the break 18-12 down instead of 19-12. A small thing but every point matters.

Pomps really does need to come in. He has a bit of Hiku about him. He has nice hands and a good flick pass offload. Hes tall can push those passes over the top while tackled. He may get caught out speed wise defensively. But both our centers have been. At least Pompey can unlock our wingers.
Pompey positions himself well on attack and is solid defensively. Does RTS need to go to left or right wing to accommodate him though?

This is the kind of game that makes me wish I liked union more than NRL. Will never happen, more likely to just go off both. The one eyed reffing is just so old at this point. We were told if we were a winning team we'd get better treatment, which is DUMB AF. But we did, then we get served one sided penalty counts game after game.
Well you probably came here when the all blacks were shit anyways so yeah all good, go back to where you came from.

Some of the brain snaps is unforgivable. I want to know who gave the final ok to use the challenge prior to half time. So often we refuse to use our brains.
That has to be up with one of the dumbest challenges since the rule was brought in.

Over turn it and you get 20 seconds with the ball.

Or lose the challenge for the rest of the game and defend for 20 seconds.

Should have kept it. When we had some momentum it would have been useful if we were worried about a call.

Attack was more or less fine. 24 points and a referee/bunker stopping us a lot more.
It’s just the defence. 3 titans tries were so soft. We stopped those last year.

You can’t say it was a fair game (that HIA stoppage was actually criminal) but those 3 soft tries were the real problem. We defend those and it’s an easy win

It's round fucken 8!!! We are fucked!!!!! And there is not much webby can do.
It is not our year. Oh well still some good enjoyable league ahead of us to enjoy and if Webster has the Kahunas to make some changes to the team then we can at least still make the 8. Plenty to look forward to this season. We are competitive and in every game except for last week.

Well you probably came here when the all blacks were shit anyways so yeah all good, go back to where you came from.
Lol bet i've been a fan longer than you chump! I'm talking about the reffing you moron. We get the short end of the stick for every year since we started. Maybe if you'd been watching long enough you'd have noticed. All good though, always room of the bandwagon for newbies like yourself.

Back