Team List Rd 8: Warriors V Titans (sunday 05-05)

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Hitman82

Hitman82

This wasn't a 4-6 week injury, I'd be shocked to see him again this season.

That's what my searches suggest for recovery from a prolapsed disc, of course they aren't talking about players in the toughest team sport in the world! Losing Locke is a legit nightmare. We are REALLY going to miss him. Expect to see some of our losses become blowouts.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

This wasn't a 4-6 week injury, I'd be shocked to see him again this season.
From what I have been reading tonight, it looks like a prolapse disc can be extremely painful if it contacts a nerve. It may not mean it is a severe prolapse just that it is aggravating the nerve. Fingers crossed. Everything does say that there is a need to avoid the movement that caused it, which would probably be difficult for a league player, when turning to chase a kick.

mrblonde

mrblonde

If Luck was right, by the way, time for Locke to use one of those Magic Beans to get over this ASAP...

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

Locke Ran then fell like he had been shot in the Lower spine ( the Disc going ) left leg won't move properly

He then made a fatalistic mistake.

He tried to go again with a prolapsed Disc and fell when his Spine stopped functioning properly ( probably crushing the nerve ).

Never Get up off the ground when you neck or Back goes....screw the stupid Try that may or may not have been scored !
He looked hurt in an earlier tackle ( bending over forward / hit hard in the abdomen ) possibly weakened his abdominal core.....

Sounds a lot of ifs and buts.......but that back just went out of the blue aye

Reactions: 1 user
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Locke Ran then fell like he had been shot in the Lower spine ( the Disc going ) left leg won't move properly

He then made a fatalistic mistake.

He tried to go again with a prolapsed Disc and fell when his Spine stopped functioning properly ( probably crushing the nerve ).

Never Get up off the ground when you neck or Back goes....screw the stupid Try that may or may not have been scored !
He looked hurt in an earlier tackle ( bending over forward / hit hard in the abdomen ) possibly weakened his abdominal core.....

Sounds a lot of ifs and buts.......but that back just went out of the blue aye
From what I read, that is probably the sciatic nerve being pinched (that is gonna cause him a lot of pain in later life, I would guess). Goes to show how much pain he must have been in, Locke has proven many times he will put in no matter what. He has always gotten up if he can. Must have scared the shit out of him when his leg wouldn't work properly. Straight away you must be thinking spinal injury of some sort.

fanrrior

fanrrior

I'm thinking it must have happened in an earlier tackle and what he did had just aggravated the issue.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

The articles I read said that prolapsed discs can be caused by awkward twisting. He over-ran the direction of the ball and turned to chase, from what I saw. On slippery ground it would probably be very easy to twist wrong.

A prolapse disc is the internal soft part of the disc bursting or herniating through a weakening in the harder exterior wall. It may be caused by an existing weakness of the disc, or just bad luck. It looks like it is a common weight lifting injury, but can be caused by heavy lifting in an awkward position (perhaps too much weights, not enough speed work?), awkward twisting or bending (the cause I am picking), and even sneezing (maybe he was allergic to something). A lot of injuries are caused by slippery surfaces in bad conditions, and I'm assuming this was too.

Danpatmac

The articles I read said that prolapsed discs can be caused by awkward twisting. He over-ran the direction of the ball and turned to chase, from what I saw. On slippery ground it would probably be very easy to twist wrong.

A prolapse disc is the internal soft part of the disc bursting or herniating through a weakening in the harder exterior wall. It may be caused by an existing weakness of the disc, or just bad luck. It looks like it is a common weight lifting injury, but can be caused by heavy lifting in an awkward position (perhaps too much weights, not enough speed work?), awkward twisting or bending (the cause I am picking), and even sneezing (maybe he was allergic to something). A lot of injuries are caused by slippery surfaces in bad conditions, and I'm assuming this was too.

better than a prolapsed rectum.

OMG

OMG

That's what my searches suggest for recovery from a prolapsed disc, of course they aren't talking about players in the toughest team sport in the world! Losing Locke is a legit nightmare. We are REALLY going to miss him. Expect to see some of our losses become blowouts.

Experiencing that injury first hand and in nearly identical circumstances, he is gorn.
Buderus has been operated on this year for a herniation that was causing pain down his legs and they said 8 weeks, he was back for rnds 3 and 4 and is out again because of it, IMO Kevins is worse because of the lack of movement that was apparent immediately.

Hitman82

Hitman82

Experiencing that injury first hand and in nearly identical circumstances, he is gorn.
Buderus has been operated on this year for a herniation that was causing pain down his legs and they said 8 weeks, he was back for rnds 3 and 4 and is out again because of it, IMO Kevins is worse because of the lack of movement that was apparent immediately.

Christ. Cheers for making my Sunday night a cheerful one! I hope the Fish chooses now as the time to reach his potential...
Yeah I read a few more posts on here about how he was struggling to move his legs etc... doesn't look good. Hopefully the club will release a statement in the next few days about his prognosis.

Mr Frank White

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Re Locke if its bad it'll be a Laminectomy or absolutely worst case, spinal fusion.

OMG

OMG

Locke will be on pethadine for most the week, sneezing, coughing, farting will be his worst enemies for the next 2 weeks, they can aggravate it terribly.
the worst pain I can remember is actually when you are trying to get out of bed and your feet just hang over the edge of the bed-intense as..
After watching well over a 1000 games of football, it's only the 2nd time I have seen that happen to someone else.[DOUBLEPOST=1367753150][/DOUBLEPOST]Buderus article out today, notice where they talk about the original injury, he was walking after it happened..-https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...on-his-own-terms/story-fndv33vy-1226635215286

Sup42

Sup42

Elliot said Locke was in Hospital overnight because of the heavy duty pain Meds he is on ( Kevin will be hopefully gigling in Opiate City right now ).
If he can bounce back from a Goal post there is hope. The Little bugger might just be that super healer in a thousand.
Sounds ok if he is just in there overnight for pain control , that's promising unless Elliot is making lite of it.
Scans must have been diagnostic / no hidden surprises or we'd be hearing about Locke being scheduled for theater...Elliot wouldn't be saying overnight....he'd be giving the wait and see line....
Plus he said it was a strange one whatever that means.

TD would know more than the rest of us put together but I expect due to medical boundaries / professional conduct , speculating on a patients case to a bunch of net geeks without that persons expressed permission or access to their medical records, and not having your Orthopedic Consultancy.....might be inappropriate LOL

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Can we bring Tomkins out immediately?

Reactions: 1 users
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Locke will be on pethadine for most the week, sneezing, coughing, farting will be his worst enemies for the next 2 weeks, they can aggravate it terribly.
the worst pain I can remember is actually when you are trying to get out of bed and your feet just hang over the edge of the bed-intense as..
After watching well over a 1000 games of football, it's only the 2nd time I have seen that happen to someone else.[DOUBLEPOST=1367753150][/DOUBLEPOST]Buderus article out today, notice where they talk about the original injury, he was walking after it happened..-https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...on-his-own-terms/story-fndv33vy-1226635215286

Putting ones socks on was the most painful thing I remember.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

Something from yesterday's game that I forgot to mention... given the pre-match weather forecast of worsening weather and strenghtening high winds, I made the casual prediction that the game would be won by whoever had the wind in the second half. Last 20 minutes aside, I reckon we did OK facing that wind. Add losing Locke into that mix, and we had everything against us, but still managed to scrape the win.

Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

This should probably be posted in the Coach Watch thread , but feck it I'm feeling reckless.

Matt Elliot has showed his hand with these picks.

A glass half full view would embrace the use of experience.

A glass half empty view is that we have another Bluey coach ( and by that I mean he has ignored form to indulge his own bias ).
Personally I hope we win and I hope either Mr Elliot changes his soft cock stratergy soon or we get rid of him quick smart.

I have no time for people who ignore form in the Warriors coaching box , that's been the biggest problem in the DNA of the club.

The coach can't make people perform but they are entirely responsible for leaving out those who do

Signed hoping Elliot proves me wrong
You were proved Wrong

A scrapping win over the Titans got me thinking about where it sits in the context of our season. It's too easy to lose sight of any good stuff when we aren't achieving the wins . But the Titans game came off a very hard loss to Melbourne. Usually when we have any hard eighty minute games , irrespective of the result it tells on our squad the following week. You could infer from Melbourne's loss that they had come off the hardest game they had played all season when they beat the Warriors. Sundays Win was off the back of a tough NRL patch of narrow losses.....It just might be that this trial by hell fire is building some hard men in the team A positive outlook says that we have gone from forty minutes of Footy on a rough speculative guess to Sixty - Seventy Minute Side. Twenty minutes more of concentration , a win of any description is worth a few more minutes in the positive ledger.....beat the Dogs and the Jigsaw is falling into place.

Reactions: 2 users