Team List Rd 8: Warriors V Titans (sunday 05-05)

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

the idris try ropati had him but just got outmuscled and carried over the line which happens to a lot of players marking idris
To be fair to Ropati, Manu could have helped out there when it became obvious there was no threat of the ball going to the winger.

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

yeah idris was onto it though, he showed the pass out the back of the hand which forced manu onto the winger
True - I was actually very happy with Manu for holding off and not charging in like he's done so much in the past.

Hitman82

Hitman82

To be fair to Ropati, Manu could have helped out there when it became obvious there was no threat of the ball going to the winger.

Manu did try, but was ineffective by the time he got there. Manu also got bundled TWICE in that game - man it pisses me off. Disappointing to see my man Ropo get fended by Idris, but to be fair Idris is a fucking mammoth and does this to most centres. Ropo had him under control for the bulk of the game, chopping Idris down with some nice low tackles.

Since I know it amuses the kids, I will add:
Ropati made 1 poor handling mistake - it was at a shit time but every player in our team has been guilty of the same all season. Aside from this and Idris owning him on one occasion, I thought he had a good game. Set up 1 try and nearly a second, shut down a number of attacking plays with good defensive reads.
Tackles at 15 including 4 1-on-1 and 5 missed doesn't look fantastic. But I was paying close attention to his defense and 3 of those missed tackles were nil-cost, mid-field ones where Ropo came out of the line to chop a Titan down and fell off them as another Warrior arrived to complete the tackle. Not something that concerns me much.
Based on this, I would keep Ropati in the team until Nielsen is available.

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

Just Thawed out after a classic Auckland Winters day at Mt Smart.

I gotta Say I am Rapt with that result.

Must have been an ugly game to watch in the secound half on TV.

Winning ugly the ole cliche goes , is vital , and more so mentally for this team than any other ( because 16 out 0f 17 times we don't take that drop goal and we lose ugly ).

Losing today would have been close to the death of us ( not so much the campaign lol it would have killed off completely anything Elliots being building ).

When the shift came and the Titans started getting good ball , then scoring tries , the fans knew we were in trouble well before it showed on the score board....you have to try to imagine what those players must have been feeling , because they are nervous wrecks once the pressure comes on at the back end of the game.

There are players out there that are starting to play as a team ( the right side ) then there are guys who can't play in a team structure ( some can be individually brilliant on there day but aren't part of the simple passing rugby league game that won the day today).
Ben Henry is emerging as a team player vital to our future.

Bill Tupou is a team player , smart player , he looks physically gumby but he's no Dummy ( as soon as players inside him make a break he's off looking to receive...Martel threw him a tricky ball / worth a crack shame he dropped it , but it just strikes me that Bill is always there to receive , unlike like the guy on the other wing who starts moving at the last secound and is getting the ball flat footed or going in slow motion.....getting bumped over the sideline like Bill used to). The way Bill sized up the fact that the missed kicks at goal would cost us......taking the initiative to con the Titans in the in goal so he could finish near the post for his kicker is the kind of mental class this club needs.....he is getting better , no two ways about it , my biggest doubts about Bill were that there isn't any room for improvement , he's disproving that now.
A confident Bill Tupou in a winning team...he could be a handy player.

Ropo , massive problem with lack of speed , is it terminal ? we'll find out , but the way he made a kick chase that got us on the front foot in the early exchanges shows his problem is with lateral movement....running in a straight line the pace is coming back.
At least when Ropo did Hit Idris a couple of times successfully he hit him hard.

Packer and Rapira are a class above up front when they play together , best Props we've got....good to see the old firm finding their Mojo.

Reactions: 3 users
Sup42

Sup42

True - I was actually very happy with Manu for holding off and not charging in like he's done so much in the past.
I'm trying not to be a Manu hater but fail each week father lol

He held his line right , then a skinny prick down a narrow corridor bundled him out repeatedly while he marked up like a Gorrilla scared of the mouse.

Mean time Jerome is having a hell time with Idris the real beast. Sum ting wong there

Danpatmac

Manu did try, but was ineffective by the time he got there. Manu also got bundled TWICE in that game - man it pisses me off. Disappointing to see my man Ropo get fended by Idris, but to be fair Idris is a fucking mammoth and does this to most centres. Ropo had him under control for the bulk of the game, chopping Idris down with some nice low tackles.

weren't most of those tackles from behind, as Idris had gone around him?

Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

weren't most of those tackles from behind, as Idris had gone around him?
lol he hit Idris hard a few times ( you could hear the contact ) while other players looked like scared pussies every time Idris got the ball ( Nathan Friend was another that put a shot on ).

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

lol he hit Idris hard as few times ( you could hear the contact ) while other players looked like scared pussies every time Idris got the ball ( Nathan Friend was another that put a shot on ).

Who are these players who were like scared pussies? I did not see that. Ropo's defence was abysmal. That last Titans try Idris torched him on the outside and aside from Ropo himself, Idris is probably the slowest centre in the comp.

Reactions: 2 users
Sup42

Sup42

Who are these players who were like scared pussies? I did not see that. Ropo's defence was abysmal. That last Titans try Idris torched him on the outside and aside from Ropo himself, Idris is probably the slowest centre in the comp.
Manu played like a Pussie in that Corridor. Did you not see him getting man handled by men half his size or backing away from his Marker.
Manu is faster and Bigger than Ropati , Ropati is marking Idris........?

Ropati should be doing sprint drills as extras and some basket ball drills / boxing / skipping or whatever is the modern way they do it now days o get his feet back.
He should be playing in the Vulcans for another month till he returns faster and the best center we have.....or not if he doesn't get his speed back.

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

Manu played like a Pussie in that Corridor. Did you not see him getting man handled by men half his size or backing away from his Marker.
Manu is faster and Bigger than Ropati , Ropati is marking Idris........?

Ropati should be doing sprint drills as extras and some basket ball drills / boxing / skipping or whatever is the modern way they do it now days o get his feet back.
He should be playing in the Vulcans for another month till he returns faster and the best center we have.....or not if he doesn't get his speed back.

Yup, he should be playing in the Vulcans, but permanently.

He will never again be the best centre we have though that's for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Hopefully now team has closed one out they might settle down. I hope ME has a good strong tranq

Sup42

Sup42

Yup, he should be playing in the Vulcans, but permanently.

He will never again be the best centre we have though that's for sure.
I feel like we are wasting Cyber space here , But if Ropati has his speed.....

he makes those tackles = he is the best center we have / him or Neilson....both are mentally Mature players....people who can read the game.....Ropati reads it.....he just can't do much bloody else right now.

jsmooove

jsmooove

Bill Tupou is a team player , smart player , he looks physically gumby but he's no Dummy ( as soon as players inside him make a break he's off looking to receive...Martel threw him a tricky ball / worth a crack shame he dropped it , but it just strikes me that Bill is always there to receive , unlike like the guy on the other wing who starts moving at the last secound and is getting the ball flat footed or going in slow motion.....getting bumped over the sideline like Bill used to). The way Bill sized up the fact that the missed kicks at goal would cost us......taking the initiative to con the Titans in the in goal so he could finish near the post for his kicker is the kind of mental class this club needs.....he is getting better , no two ways about it , my biggest doubts about Bill were that there isn't any room for improvement , he's disproving that now.
A confident Bill Tupou in a winning team...he could be a handy player.
such a cheeky move from bill. I will say this he is winning me over alot. I used to think he was great for injury cover but lately im noticing how much he actually tries. I know he comes up with stupid errors but he plays with heart and gives it everything. i wish there were other players in the team that had that sort of attitude.

Reactions: 4 users
mrblonde

mrblonde

At this point my number one worry about next week is the game coming down to a kicking duel between Johnson and Hodkinson (or Inu if he's back.). We've really got to get our shit together on that front, things would have been a fair bit less stressful with 2 or 4 extra points today...

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

such a cheeky move from bill. I will say this he is winning me over alot. I used to think he was great for injury cover but lately im noticing how much he actually tries. I know he comes up with stupid errors but he plays with heart and gives it everything. i wish there were other players in the team that had that sort of attitude.

You just described Manu.