Team List Rd 8: Warriors V Titans (sunday 05-05)

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

ShaunJohnson7

ShaunJohnson7

Yep, Josh Morris vs Ropati scares me way more than Idris. He and others could come in for another attempt when Idris brushed him off, but 1 miss and Morris will be goneski

Well Idris actually torched Ropo on the outside lol. What's Morris going to do?!

mrblonde

mrblonde

Has anyone got an update on Locke's injury? or Rapira's?

Well, it's good to see we've shaken off the "let the opposition get good head starts" bug and are starting to have good first halves but Lordy what in the wide wide world of sports happens after 60m? We might be physically fit for 80m, but are we mentally fit for 80m?

Appalling last try given...Stevie Wonder would've been proud.

Reactions: 1 user
wallacenz

wallacenz

I never said he was good haha. Just better than last week. The misses were a bit closer. Idk, massive night last night, so maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there haha
i think youre right. the idris try ropati had him but just got outmuscled and carried over the line which happens to a lot of players marking idris. and the dropped ball, well no excuse but hurrell and laumape arent error free. neilsen will replace ropati when hes back anyway.

Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

I never said he was good haha. Just better than last week. The misses were a bit closer. Idk, massive night last night, so maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there haha

he was equally worse this week than last week. We just happened to score more points than the opposition this week so Ropati's missed tackle tries didnt hurt as much.

Couple of times Idris/anyone else would flat out beat Ropati and then Ropati would out run them and catch them from behind. Hence making his 1 on 1 tackles stat very misleading.

Far Away Fan

Has anyone got an update on Locke's injury? or Rapira's?

Well, it's good to see we've shaken off the "let the opposition get good head starts" bug and are starting to have good first halves but Lordy what in the wide wide world of sports happens after 60m? We might be physically fit for 80m, but are we mentally fit for 80m?

Appalling last try given...Stevie Wonder would've been proud.

Locke has a prolapsed disc, according to the NZH write-up.

Wiki: "Most minor herniations heal within several weeks. Anti-inflammatory treatments for pain associated with disc herniation, protrusion, bulge, or disc tear are generally effective. Severe herniations may not heal of their own accord and may require surgical intervention." [A herniated disc is also known sometimes as a prolapsed disc.]

All the best to him for a speedy recovery.

¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

i think youre right. the idris try ropati had him but just got outmuscled and carried over the line which happens to a lot of players marking idris. and the dropped ball, well no excuse but hurrell and laumape arent error free. neilsen will replace ropati when hes back anyway.
I got the impression Ropo was hanging on but expecting Manu to finish the tackle, but Manu couldn't get any more involved while Idris had the ball free and Don waiting on his outside. Ropo should have tried to finish the tackle on his own rather than expecting Manu to help. One thing I liked about that try was that after it Ropo sat looking at the ground. It almost looked like he was dealing with the realization he couldn't handle the game anymore, and my fingers are crossed that he will either put his hand up for Vulcans duties or for early retirement.

So many times Ropo looked downright foolish. The only saving grace for him was that a few may have mistaken him for Mateo at times like I did, and he won't get all of the credit he deserves for such a crap performance.

Reactions: 1 users
Matulino's Left Shoulder

Matulino's Left Shoulder

Don't even think about putting Ropati at fullback please.

The Fish
Tupou
Laumape
Hurrell
Vatuvei,

BOOM, a Warriors victory, 2 wins in a row heading into Panthers.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
scoreboard flattered Titans in the end. they came home strong with wind behind them and a lot of possesion. 25-18 would be a fairer reflection IMO. a game we dominated for 60 odd minutes and often didnt look like we hit top gear. I'll take the win. Hopefully drier conditions in Wellington and no Ropati.

https://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match20165.html

OMG

OMG

Locke has a prolapsed disc, according to the NZH write-up.

Wiki: "Most minor herniations heal within several weeks. Anti-inflammatory treatments for pain associated with disc herniation, protrusion, bulge, or disc tear are generally effective. Severe herniations may not heal of their own accord and may require surgical intervention." [A herniated disc is also known sometimes as a prolapsed disc.]

All the best to him for a speedy recovery.

A terrible result, this could spell the end for Kev - Don't believe the above this is a terrible injury, that can go on for years, to have any chance of long term recovery he will have to shed the extra weight he has on around the belly, which could mean losing 5-10 kgs for him..Hard to see him coming back this season..

Far Away Fan

A good game by the team. The points scored flattered the Titans. The last try so obviously came off of a forward pass.

So Godinet doesn't walk on water, it seems, but then, just where was his support for that run?
A more typical flash of brilliance from him for Benry's try.

Not many NRL defenders would have stopped Idris's first try, but J Ro still has some work to do.

The forwards all played pretty well, Todd Lowrie stood out by his ordinariness.

Everyone else stepped up. Leuluai played well, Shaun Johnson was good (tho I wish we had another kicker from the spot), Vatuvei too, Tupou dropped a crucial pass but overall a solid performance.[DOUBLEPOST=1367731338][/DOUBLEPOST]
A terrible result, this could spell the end for Kev - Don't believe the above this is a terrible injury, that can go on for years, to have any chance of long term recovery he will have to shed extra the weight he has on around the belly, which could mean losing 5-10 kgs for him..Hard to see him coming back this season..

I agree, those injuries have a habit of recurring. I was just quoting Wiki. And being positive.

mrblonde

mrblonde

Ha! Just what I thought.

"Does he mean Wiki as in Wiki, or Wiki as in Wiki?"

'Doh!

How well did Fish and Kony do in the Vulcans? I know Kony scored a try but 10-48 implies it wasn't very pretty.

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

I can't wait to hear the explanation for the try, I was waiting for red, although I think a case could be made for it being knocked up while playing at the ball.

I guess it's the video ref applying the new standards - was ruled a try on the field, he didn't feel he had conclusive proof Johnson knocked it deliberately - call stands.

OMG

OMG

LOL..Warriors wouldnt of beat the Tigers 40-4 .if thats rubbish. doesnt say much for the Warriors chances

The Warriors would beat them by the same margin but it would be 60-24 lol...
Are you seriously suggesting that was an okayish Tigers team, There roster wasn't that good to start off with, let alone missing the fullback, both centres, a winger, 2 Props a starting back rower and half and they rush back the injured half.
We will soon see how good the Bulldogs are.

Buck777

Simon I can't quite put my finger on, composure I guess- He really should have been laying down the law in the 2nd half, but was just as panicky as everyone else.
Rugby League is a simple game, playing smart is not what you do with the ball it's what you do without it, the 1 percenters, any old mug can run and tackle.
I was at the game & haven't watched the replay, and I'm stoked with the win. It's a valuable 2 points that might see us coming off the bottom. But, I think Mannering is not doing anything out of the ordinary..it's just expectations. He's an international player and we know what he can do, but it's just going though the motions.
Ben Henry. I know he scored a try but watching him live he's almost scared to try his arm. Twice he got rid of the ball without even trying to lure the opp in.
I was so impressed with Shaun Johnson. He's confident and he reads the game, almost Stacy Jones like. And I was impressed by Manu, though again almost like Henry sometimes wanted to get rid of the ball to quick.
Ropo is past it, enough said.
Hope Locke is ok. I was watching him when it happened and he went down like he got shot. It didn't look pretty.

Overall, even though there where 9465 there today, it seemed a lot less than that. There was almost 'we are the faithful' atmosphere there today.
This is a good team. We need to get behind them more. But there's a depressed atmosphere at Mt Smart. I looked around when we won, and every around me were just shaking there heads.
There was a Maori guy busking outside the stadium. Two guys in front of me offered him free tickets thinking he was playing for one. He politely declined. Reaffirmed to me why I like leaguee's.

Reactions: 3 users