Rate the Match

• D

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • E

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • F

Votes: 84 67.7%

• Total voters
Maybe Webby kept the team on for punishment. He said in the presser the loss was about attitude, or lack thereof 🤔
Particularly attitude around our discipline and errors and how we react to them.

I wonder how that's crept back in? I thought we handled that aspect pretty well last week after being 16-0 down against Manly.

That's true. But I think Tohu, Barnett, Ford and co would have benefited from some time to recharge on the sidelines

St George were up for it last night. We weren't, were down on cattle and weren't clicking and got completely found out
Crazy that between Tohu, Barnett and AFB they played 85.8% of the 240 middle minutes (Prop and Lock).

Tohu: 80 mins
AFB: 71 mins
Barnett: 55 mins
Ale: 30 mins
Pompey: 4 mins

Compared to:

JDB (bench): 59 mins
Eisenhuth: 57 mins
Sele: 56 mins
Lawrie: 34 mins
Molo: 34 mins (played 12 mins at 2nd row for Su'a)
BMM: 13 mins

Some pretty emotional comments made from loads of people on here....gee slight over reaction.

With the injury count, and lack of bench being used....it was only a matter of time before we had a poor performance....you can't maintain that tempo week in week out.

Honestly think the key is trying too stay in touch with the 8 until we get some cattle back...

I expect a massive response on ANZAC day.....if not, then I'll start getting concerned.

Ok this gonna annoy a few

RTS really is a fullback playing in the wrong position

That shimmy step on attack is deadly close to the line. But its not effective at Center position

CNK doesn’t have a step. His go to move is simply barraging into the opposition. He runs very straight lines. Knows how to draw a man and pass. I can see him doing better at Center that RTS….

That was the setup in the world cup and in that amazing semi against Aus.

They have swapped around since for the kiwis.

Webby has backed himself into a corner by so publicly claiming that CNK is the number 1, even said Taine is number 2 - but haven't heard that lately.

Probably another small reminder that Webby is still inexperienced. Wayne Bennett would be privately telling them the plans but giving nothing away to the media

On the comments about RTS at centre. To be honest it is going as I expected it would.

He is doing a lot of work and will try and make something happen. His distribution is what I expected it would be. He'll pass if it is clear otherwise it is try and step.

If we get our left in formation like we do our right we can get him in positions that will work a lot better. The other thing we should have been working on is kicking down our left side and using RTS and Montoya to pin the opposition in the corner like DWZ and Berry.

You could hear the Dragons last night calling out "left foot, left foot". So it won't be easy for him as the opposition will have prepared for him.

To me a lot of the hype about him especially from the media have been a bit over the top.

I am actually amazed about the comments here today about RTS and the coach and making changes of positions and personnel.
This time last week most of us were okay after coming back from 16 nil and get a 22 all draw against a very good Manly side.

The difference this week was as simple as a little bit of luck and attitudes.

Fix the attitude problem or lack of and get back to what we were doing

I have had 24 hours for it to sink in

1) Thank you Men and Ladies of the forum for reacting and holding the team accountable with some strong comments. It is good to give shit to those who should have played much better.
2) The Upside occurred to me though as I had dinner tonight. I am sick to death of dominating for 65 minutes and getting run down in the last 5 minutes like against Melbourne. Would rather an honest thrashing like last night than the heart break of Melbourne.
3) No one got injured
4) St George would really on retrospect have had to be a really really shit team to lose to us when we had only had 14 men (13 starting players plus 1 real regular bench player) and they had 17 consistent guys. We were outnumbered last night 17 to 14..
5) RTS got another game at centre under his belt to get used to that new position.
6) Someone suggested in the week we should be getting a loan prop until Bunty is back and we giggled at that poster but it is actually a very legitimate suggestion. We should apply to the league for that. Even someone like a Dominuis Lui type player or JTB from the cowboys would be very helpful to us.
7) We get Walker next week that will give us a 2 man bench at least.

We lose one game, albeit by a decent margin, and suddenly it’s all doom and gloom.
I trust Webby to right the ship.
There are no easy games and every year even the teams that finish bottom four still win 4-6 games and bag stuff big scalps.

I am embarrassed by the negativity on here by a lot of regular posters.

My brother and I - both EPL fans, him Liverpool, me Arsenal - were talking about the comparative reaction from Forums to Wins as opposed to Losses.
I observed that the Post Match Thread after a Win was massively shorter and more "Yeah, we won but..." than after a Loss, which was massively longer and more "We're fucked...."
His response? "BAD NEWS SELLS!"

Back